Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    silly, why are people so offended seeing attractive people?

i understand not showing unhealthy extremes (obesity/anorexia) but whats wrong with having an attractive person?
    Most of the time jealousy is all this sort of thing is actually driven by. Usually hidden behind arguments like, "Think of the bad examples being set for children!" to obscure the real reason. Lazy people who are jealous of attractive people who generally put work into their appearance. I say generally because some people are just lucky and don't have to put in a lot of effort to stay thin or such... But hey, fuck them for something they don't control right?

Someone wants to be treated as being 'beautiful' while not exercising, keeping in shape, etc? That's fine, but they don't get to then bitch and moan about 'unrealistic body standards'.

And if 'hot women' are not allowed in advertising, people best buckle up and get ready for consumers to be uninterested. Because contrary to what some zealots would froth at the mouth screaming, you are actually allowed to find people unattractive.

For the sake of clarity also, I'm by no means a skinny or 'hot' individual myself. I'm just not enough of a tool to go around bitching about people who are in shape being in advertising.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    You've taken what they have said out of context.

But it is a bit thought police.

I think banning size 0 models would be a good thing, fashioning malnutrution is pretty grim.

They said 'We will be doing three things: examining evidence on gender stereotyping inads, seeking views from a range of stakeholders and commissioning our own research into public opinion'.

I think they are more concerned with the heavy use of photoshop when talking about unrealistic body images.
    As long as they also ban likes of Tess Munster or whatever the name of that landwhale was.

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    The U.K.’s Advertising United Standards Authority is considering .....
    And this is why you should be ashamed of yourself for your completely misleading thread title.

The UK is NOT banning them... there's simply a piece of legeslation put in for consideration, much like how we petitioned the construction of a Death Star in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Emma Watson, Felicity Jones, Kate Beckinsale, Audrey Hepburn..

For sure Britain hasn't produced any beautiful women in the slightest.
    Hudson - born in U.S.A, daughter of Goldie Hawn

Watson - French bred, raised in U.K.

You can have Madonna though, even if she is from Michigan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedinn View Post
    That is a level of victim blaming even morons in the US can't reach...
    MMO-C moderation, just a peg above Fox News

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    And this is why you should be ashamed of yourself for your completely misleading thread title.

The UK is NOT banning them... there's simply a piece of legeslation put in for consideration, much like how we petitioned the construction of a Death Star in the USA.
    This is not correct. ASA is a private regulator that forms the backbone of self-regulation of the UK advertising industry, only referring to government regulators when cases are serious enough to warrant legal actions and fines.

They are required to uphold minimum standards per statute but also "acceptable" standards. The latter gives them a lot of room to evolve their standards according to the times.

So, when they make an official announcement they are "considering" X, Y, Z, they really can just change their standards at the drop of a hat based on anything they deem worthy. It is not speculative, it is not tied to government or political processes at all. By the time it is announced, it is already being seriously considered, exactly as it states.

On top of that, even this article has already stated that they have in the recent past taken such action...
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2016-05-26 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brangh View Post
    Hudson - born in U.S.A, daughter of Goldie Hawn

Watson - French bred, raised in U.K.

You can have Madonna though, even if she is from Michigan
    Emma Watson was born in France but English bred, opposite to what you just said.

"Watson was born in Paris, France, the daughter of English lawyers Jacqueline Luesby and Chris Watson.[14][15][16] Watson lived in Paris until the age of five. Her parents separated when she was young; following their divorce, Watson moved back to England to live with her mother "
    Not sure why you mentioned the others, because I certainly didn't!
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

ban hot women? A dumb idea but ban the use of photoshop and any other photoeditig program use not only in advertisements but also on newspaper cover etc maybe a sensible thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

That girl is weirdly thin though. Like her shoulders are barely wider than her head.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    Just imagine how hot this can be in Summer fully exposed to the sun.

NVM, british girls are ugly in fact.

Why did you link a picture of the Deacons of the deep boss from dark souls 3?!?

They need to ban photoshopping ad pictures.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are so jealous, live your life and be happy with yourself, someone being photoshoped or is actually hot should not effect you in the least, your all just ridiculously jealous, that's all it comes down to. No one should have to change for you, because you don't like that they are attractive.
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

wouldn't want lazy or greedy people feeling bad about their life choices. yes they are photoshopped but the people in ads still spend a lot of time on health and body condition for their jobs. If you eat salad with 2k calories of dressing or mountains of food you wont look like that.

I looked at the women complaining and they have faces made for radio, no wonder they complain about attractive women.

I like the way France went, as they, iirc, won't allow models with BMI lower than 18 on the catwalks.

We should use normal bodies - not "will get osteoporosis" thin, nor Tess Holiday
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure this directly contradicts constitution, so nothing like this will ever happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Discrimination to naturally sexy women...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    Just imagine how hot this can be in Summer fully exposed to the sun.

I don't know about Iran/Saudi Arabia/etc., but I've heard that in UAE and Qatar these costumes are actually very expensive and come with the active ventilation system, so wearing them actually makes it easier in a hot weather. Looks silly though.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    The U.K.’s Advertising United Standards Authority is considering regulations to respond to complaints of “sexism” in advertising — including concerns that women in a lot of ads are basically too attractive.

According to a release published by the watchdog on Thursday, ads that present “an idealised or unrealistic body image . . . have gained considerable public interest,” and so it’s important to evaluate whether or not more needs to be done to stop them. (The phrase “unrealistic body” refers to bodies like that of the woman featured in a Protein World ad last year that caused that huge controversy in the U.K. over her attractiveness. In other words: It refers to people who are really hot.)

“The project will report on whether we’re getting it right on gender stereotyping in ads,” the release continues. “If the evidence suggests a change in regulation is merited we will set out the best way to achieve it.” Now, the ASA is still in the research phase on this question, so what exactly those kinds of regulations might look like remains undetermined. (I mean, would there be some sort of governmental body that would have to say, “Okay, that lady is non-hot enough to appear in an ad,” before it’s allowed to be published?)

But the Chief Executive of the ASA, Guy Parker, said that the group is “serious” about it. “We’re serious about making sure we’re alive to changing attitudes and behaviours,” he said, according to the release. “That’s why we’ve already been taking action to ban ads that we believe reinforce gender stereotypes and that are likely to cause serious and widespread offence, or harm.”

Sources:
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ealistic-women
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/lif...y-advertising/
    Instead of having a healthy diet and a decent grimase, these beasts want to shove beautiful women away? That isn't going to bring more men into their beds or shift public opinion. A stunner is a stunner and an ugly is... well ugly and no amount of propaganda isn't going to change that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I'm pretty sure this directly contradicts constitution, so nothing like this will ever happen.
    ASA is a private self-governing body that is allowed to change regulations at will at their discretion. It is only required to consult with the government on issues of a criminal nature.

They will definitely, very much, go through with this change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Guess nothing will change then as British women aren't attractive in the slightest.
    Anglo-Saxons are still the standard of beauty in this world (not saying that is right), didn't you get the memo?

It is odd though how much people are prone to generalising, Britain has many stunning people, every country has their fair share of attractive and unattractive people. I guess it comes down to your type.

This whole 3rd wave feminist agenda has got to stop though, why shouldn't the most beautiful be used as models? Personally I don't want to see someone ugly or merely average sell me food or clothing etc, it doesn't sell it to me at all. Now the overly sexualisation of women is something that I think should be toned down.
    Last edited by Muadiib; 2016-05-26 at 08:03 AM.