Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jasoncb View Post
    So they could of developed any of piece of trash game and labelled it "World of Warcraft" and it would of got 5.6million subs. Come on here you're not even trying anymore.
    It's called hype, I'm sure you've heard of it...

Two important factors:

1) It's Blizzard, who developed successful titles such as the Diablo series, Starcraft and Warcraft series. i.e. - Good gaming company

2) It's Warcraft, that has been around for almost a decade prior to WoW. Warcraft 3 was immensely popular, a big contributor to people wanting to play WoW.

Basically WoW had a massive playerbase already before it even officially launched due to all the Warcraft fans. MMO's were a relatively 'new' thing back then too for many players.

Had Blizzard made, instead, an MMO based on Starcraft it would most likely have been almost as popular because Starcraft is another incredibly popular RTS.

If, instead, Blizzard made an MMO that wasn't based on any of its franchises... it could have pulled it off relying solely on the Blizzard trademark. Just that it wouldn't have a fan base to exist prior to it... so that would have been a risky move. Which, obviously, wasn't the case with WoW...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-05-26 at 06:29 AM.

Yes but people didn't keep spending money on it, it was a mistake. We are talking 5.6 million rolling subscriptions.
    I will end the day also and say all you will hear is excuses as to why the game is dumbed down.

It always because of money end of.

Because its so boring you sit in Garrison most of the time.
    And then I got permanently banned because i got drawn into a political debate.

And the very fact there was nothing to do outside garrison means blizzard is almost entirely at fault for what happened.
    And now that gold can be used to purchase gametime i feel like they stole over $200 worth of gold from me, meaning they are theifs, they did something knowing it would cause more trade chat usage in a crazy political season and then they permaban people for being drawn in, I see intent or negligence on blizzards side.

Thats my unique perspective on why I now "hate" WoW.
    Last edited by Daethz; 2016-05-26 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordoks View Post
    Why is there so much hate towards wow? I just don't get it. I feel like im the only one that wants the game to succeed. Is there anyone else that hopes for the best for the game? I never realized how many negative people there are, its just sad
    It's more people are critizing their practices and what are they doing to the game current rather than wanting the game to fail. You forget most of us here have played this game for years and are despairing what they are doing to the game turning it into a Diablo III expansion the way they are going (adding in keystones, legendaries, adopting some diablo III abilities and disregarding any previous expanisons).

What should of happened in Catalysm when released they should of ended the former WCIII - Frozen Throne - WOW - BC - Northrend set and just closed off the entire previous expansion and begin the game anew. Get rid of Outland and getting rid of Northrend would of been more beneficial in the long run and would of enforce new alts allowing them to advance thru the current new expansion and deregulate old Heroics and raids to the caverns of time. It's what is there for.. to experience the old content in a cyclic fashion.

What I mean being the game anew, keep the old characters from the previous expansions but the new characters would experience the whole game. AS stated one player who played the WOW anew "When I started a new I read the story and everyone went DEATHWING and DEATHWING THAT and when I hit level 60 I went outland and northrend and not even a mentioned of him appeared as if he doesn't matter any more", if Deathwing was the theme of Catalysm they should or removed anything that didn't mention him especially when they STATED they were beginning the game anew. They made the game dysfunctional and the game has suffered from it.

Then instead of working with 2 games of content they just have to work with one and can expand on that but since they kept the old games... it made everything dysfunctional and wrecked the entire game. The old content could be themed towards the current expansion... like Lava and fire in Catalysm Molten Core, a Eastern Mystical Molten Core, a Iron Horde style Molten Core (Fire and steel fused together) and then Legion Molten Core and have dungeons along those lines add in Diablo type effects to change it up a bit.

That's the end of the content part, I could go on and on and on LFR, LFD did harm the game but it really wasn't that. It's like the game has Diablo III feel. Keep the current expansion relveant discard the rest, type attitude which you can't do in an MMORPG.

This was shown in The burning crusade and Wotlk when Cata came along they threw the baby out with the bathwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    I'm impressed you are being so outspoken against WoW devs. Cudos!
    Take up a sport, lose all the fat, read a book. You're gonna feel better, I guarantee!

I will end the day also and say all you will hear is excuses as to why the game is dumbed down.

It always because of money end of.
    I never claimed I liked the direction the game is going, so stop putting words in peoples' mouths. I said I understood why Blizzard are doing what they're doing.

Big. Fucking. Difference.

But, as I previously stated, had Blizz kept to the approach of you nostalgic fools then the game would've been dead long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    It's called hype, I'm sure you've heard of it...

Two important factors:

1) It's Blizzard, who developed successful titles such as the Diablo series, Starcraft and Warcraft series. i.e. - Good gaming company

2) It's Warcraft, that has been around for almost a decade prior to WoW. Warcraft 3 was immensely popular, a big contributor to people wanting to play WoW.

Basically WoW had a massive playerbase already before it even officially launched due to all the Warcraft fans. MMO's were a relatively 'new' thing back then too.

Had Blizzard made, instead, an MMO based on Starcraft it would most likely have been almost as popular because Starcraft is another incredibly popular RTS.

If, instead, Blizzard made an MMO that wasn't based on any of its franchises... it could have pulled it off relying solely on the Blizzard trademark. Just that it wouldn't have a fan base to exist prior to it... so that would have been a risky move. Which, obviously, wasn't the case with WoW...
    Nothing to do with the game being extremely polished for a new MMO release then? Of course Warcraft fan base would of tried the game no doubt but the continued success was due to how great the game itself was. Definitely a good combination to have. Anyway were going off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pu3Ho View Post
    I am 25, and YES i have a job - and every single day after the job i have a free time, and in free time if i want to - i play Dota2/CS:GO for 2-4 hours or smth and you know what?))) I have 5300mmr and Master eagle respectively - so, yeah nice excuses you got for being SHIT and while finding some stupid excuses on why you can't play those game on half-decent level instead of trying to improve - cuz, well you know.. Finding excuses are much easier, right?

Hold on, you are insulting others by claiming that you spend all your "free time" on video games, at 25? You are correct about excuses though. I waste my "free time" on things like women, friends, family, TV, books and occasional trip to gym etc..

I think you need a perspective.

Everything that becomes popular or mainstream eventually gets hated on. Every band, book, company, movie, tv series, game or anything else becomes despised by a very vocal minority once it's no longer niche. It's the hipster mob mentality. Contrarians just want to be special snoflakes by disliking what the masses like, regardless of the quality of the product. They want to stand out and be different, yet they unwittingly get swept up by the contrarian herd mentality without ever even seeing the irony in that.
    Last edited by Ultimacy; 2016-05-26 at 06:43 AM.

I never claimed I liked the direction the game is going, so stop putting words in peoples' mouths. I said I understood why Blizzard are doing what they're doing.

But, as I previously stated, had Blizz kept to the approach of you nostalgic fools then the game would've been dead long ago.
    Would of been dead ages ago? Based on what? Keep making up your fucking delusional facts to backup your points.

O, rly?)) That's why Classic Vanilla Private server (Nost and now Kronos) had x2-x3 amount of players online then any retail server now ;DD Needless to say it's private server with constant crashes/bugs/no real support-stuff/no real advertisement/banned from streaming on twitch/etc. Cmon, man - stop it, you are wrong. Wanna know real difference? Watch this vid - www (dot) youtube (dot) com/watch?v=HM40cK5tu7w
    Last edited by Pu3Ho; 2016-05-26 at 06:41 AM.

Nothing to do with the game being extremely polished for a new MMO release then? Of course Warcraft fan base would of tried the game no doubt but the continued success was due to how great the game itself was. Definitely a good combination to have. Anyway were going off topic.
    "Extremely polished".. well you've most certainly established yourself as a nostalgic fool.

Vanilla was utter crap in comparison to TBC, case in point: The leveling experience, you frequently had to grind out on mobs to level because there just weren't enough quests to do. PvP was beyond laughable. Numerous classes were really bad, especially amongst roles for tanking. etc. etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well, given WoD was far from the worst expansion (Cataclysm/BC were worse) and their business is doing just fine - the only thing left is "wanting the game to fail".

People are just butt hurt because whinge whinge, no reason.

WoW is doing fine for a 12 year old game... that's a fact.
    Remind me again how much of the entire playerbase abandoned the game during those expansions again? Oh right, probably not close to +50% we got with WoD.
    Let me guess, "people grew up, got jobs and kids"; Or "It's just cool to hate Blizzard", correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Remind me again how much of the entire playerbase abandoned the game during those expansions again? Oh right, probably not close to +50% we got with WoD.
    Let me guess, "people grew up, got jobs and kids"; Or "It's just cool to hate Blizzard", correct?
    To be fair WoD also had the biggest spike in subs in 1 instant. Almost point for point the number of people that left was equal to the number of people that joined.

Quote Originally Posted by Pu3Ho View Post
    O, rly?)) That's why Classic Vanilla Private server (Nost and now Kronos) had x2-x3 amount of players online then any retail server now ;DD Needless to say it's private server with constant crashes/bugs/no real support-stuff/no real advertisement/banned from streaming on twitch/etc. Cmon, man - stop it, you are wrong. Wanna know real difference? Watch this vid - www (dot) youtube (dot) com/watch?v=HM40cK5tu7w
    x2-x3 players online on the server... yeah... ONE server, vs how many retail realms? There's plenty of later expansion private servers with modest populations too, so your point is rather mute.

I absolutely loved how people said they would gladly pay to support for legacy realms... yet Nost was struggling to remain afloat financially, all those freeloaders couldn't be bothered to throw in a few donations. So yeah... a lot of those players were playing it due to it being free for the most part, it being a vanilla server was just a perk. Freeloaders, /yay!

Plus said Freeloaders are used to going to top# private server site listings, so they don't need advertising... more often than not they'd go for the ones at the top. Private servers have been around for decades. It's not a new concept.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-05-26 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Criticizing a bad expansion or questionable business\development plans is not the same as "wanting the game to fail". Confusing the two and thinking they mean one and the same thing is the issue that led you to make this thread.
    First response hits the nail on the head. Also, check out what's comin' down the pipe from Beta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    So we are now burdened with infinite dailies?
    Ehh WoD lacked dailles. I prefer 20 daillies over garissons anyday. Even the MoP daillies were better than WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Because the developers don't listen to the players.
    And that is also a good thing since players only think about what they want and not how it would effect other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    To be fair WoD also had the biggest spike in subs in 1 instant. Almost point for point the number of people that left was equal to the number of people that joined.
    Which shows that people are (were?) willing to give WoW a chance and that they were waiting for an actual good product; Instead were confronted by a bad expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    First response hits the nail on the head. Also, check out what's comin' down the pipe from Beta.
    Think the amount of people that genuinely criticise pale in comparison to the "lololol wow sux I hope it dies trololol noobs" etc. crowd., example that Pu3Ho fella in this thread who made an account just to do that here.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-05-26 at 06:57 AM.