Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Am I the only one who absolutely hates Snow? The actress is so bad and acting. Her Holo scene with Zoom...was like omg worse than 3rd grade plays.

She isn't a great actress. Look at how she stands when she's not saying a line, with her hands slightly forward of her body - look at the scene after they lock up Barry when Joe's saying a line and walking away from her, and how she nods awkwardly, as if she doesn't know what to do when the camera isn't on her. And then the holo scene with Zoom, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    She isn't a great actress. Look at how she stands when she's not saying a line, with her hands slightly forward of her body - look at the scene after they lock up Barry when Joe's saying a line and walking away from her, and how she nods awkwardly, as if she doesn't know what to do when the camera isn't on her. And then the holo scene with Zoom, wow.
    She always looks awkward, even when acting her best(which IMO is bad), not the focus? she just stands there waiting for a "CUT". UGG hate her. Its not the writing either, its the actress.
    That Holo exchange may be the worst acting in the entire Arrowverse.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

^ I think the holo scene was ok, because we do know that this was a ruse. Snow does not have the feelings she profess to Zoom, so I think it was believable that her lines did not have the weight behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by karumayu View Post
    ^ I think the holo scene was ok, because we do know that this was a ruse. Snow does not have the feelings she profess to Zoom, so I think it was believable that her lines did not have the weight behind it.
    Plus she had to stand woodenly still to avoid the little bzzt glitches of a hologram in motion, yeah...

15+ Year Old Account
    Im watching Flashpoint, it is kinda corny.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem with Snow, I don't see the issue. Also phoning in Zoom was kinda cool. Feel it's nitpicky to dislike it.

How the heck was Flashpoint *Corny*
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    The opening part with the League I could see as corny sure but not much after that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    The opening part with the League I could see as corny sure but not much after that.
    Yeah, the opening was pretty bad. It got better the further it went.

If any of you liked this, I recommended Batman: Red Hood, it is so good.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

S3 Flashpoint is unlikely to last more than 5 or 6 episodes. Some possibilities for Heroes and Villains:

Accelerator still goes of:
    Cisco becomes E-1 Reverb.
    Caitlin becomes E-1 Killer Frost.
    Wally is the Flash the world knows because his mother never left.
    Eddie Thawne is now Reverse Flash.
    Harrison Wells is exactly who he appears to be.
    But, he now has a daughter who becomes Jessie Quick.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Yeah, the opening was pretty bad. It got better the further it went.

If any of you liked this, I recommended Batman: Red Hood, it is so good.
    Batman:Red Hood is my favorite DC animated movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    One problem...we only have seen a few characters. No superman, just the girl , no wonderwoman no aquaman and no batman either (in gotham series he is to young)
    Perfect way to introduce a few new characters then for a brand new show, wouldn't go Superman or even Batman since they are to big for TV but you could bring in Supergirl to the same universe as Arrow and Flash with this (which is changing networks anyway)

Give a flimsy excuses like ''I'm Kryptonian so I'm above you and your silly attempts in changing timelines'' and make it a tv show version of flashpoint and you have a entire new season.

More interesting is to see the effect this will have on the arrow show, it's been a bit stale with the love plots and this may be a nice way to clean up the show overall as well.

Also while they are at it let them please do something about Legends of Tomorrow, not sure why I watched the entire season but at no point I was excited for the next eps unlike with the Flash.

Flashpoint and the Flash are a major game changer in the DC universe, it's DC's way in creating a clean slate and start over

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Flashpoint and the Flash are a major game changer in the DC universe, it's DC's way in creating a clean slate and start over
    Which is kinda funny, considering what was revealed about the original Flashpoint event in this weeks' DC Universe Rebirth comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Which is kinda funny, considering what was revealed about the original Flashpoint event in this weeks' DC Universe Rebirth comic.
    I was definitely not expecting that at the end.

Ok, read Flashpoint last night. Developing ideas on how they could do it within the Arrowverse, but I need to finish reading some of the other stories first (e.g. Citizen Cold).

My question for the comic experts here, which of the World of Flashpoint collections are worth reading?

Batman - my library has it, so I'm reading it anyway
    Flash - has Citizen Cold, so I'm picking it up

So that leaves three others to consider: Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman (which based on the cover looks like it'll cover Aquaman's stuff too). Are they worthwhile?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

so, i have a theory. roy is back for 5 episodes next season.

barry changes the timeline.

oliver dies, or is wounded, or arrested or whatever.

arsenal becomes the leader of team arrow/becomes green arrow.

the thing is, this isnt a comic book. olivers dad was out of shape middle aged and balding. theyd have to recast to pull a batman.

im kind of hoping im wrong though because when things go back to normal roys still gone.

ROY ROY HES OUR BOY!!!
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Arrow started out as a grittyish Batman or mimic him anyways. Which really is out of character or Oliver Queen.
    Well its not like Barry is the OPTIMISTIC flash from the comics either....

This is the thing that allways buged me. Growing up DC = hope and optimism, Marvel = dark and gritty and these days its the other way around on screen....

- - - Updated - - -

Arrow started out as a grittyish Batman or mimic him anyways. Which really is out of character or Oliver Queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Green Arrow and Speedy first appeared in More Fun Comics #73 (cover-dated November 1941), which was illustrated by artist George Papp. When Mort Weisinger was creating the character, aside from the obvious allusions to Robin Hood, took inspiration from a movie serial, The Green Archer, based on the novel by Edgar Wallace. He retooled the concept into a superhero archer with obvious Batman influences.[5] These include Green Arrow's sidekick Speedy, his use of an Arrowcar and Arrow-Plane for transportation, his use of an Arrow-Cave as his headquarters, his alter ego as a billionaire playboy, the use of an Arrow-Signal to summon him, as well as a clown-like arch foe named Bull's Eye, similar to Batman's arch-foe, the Joker.
    come again? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    so, i have a theory. roy is back for 5 episodes next season.

barry changes the timeline.

oliver dies, or is wounded, or arrested or whatever.

arsenal becomes the leader of team arrow/becomes green arrow.

the thing is, this isnt a comic book. olivers dad was out of shape middle aged and balding. theyd have to recast to pull a batman.

im kind of hoping im wrong though because when things go back to normal roys still gone.

ROY ROY HES OUR BOY!!!
    I think it would be awesome if the actor that played oliver's dad comes back in fantastic shape and does what they did with Thomas Wayne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Well its not like Barry is the OPTIMISTIC flash from the comics either....

This is the thing that allways buged me. Growing up DC = hope and optimism, Marvel = dark and gritty and these days its the other way around on screen....

- - - Updated - - -

come again? ^^
    Flash is more optimistic then Arrow. There's still that grittyness in Arrow and the start of Arrow was very very dark compared to how the Flash started. I wasn't referencing the comics when I talked about Arrow.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think it would be awesome if the actor that played oliver's dad comes back in fantastic shape and does what they did with Thomas Wayne.
    it be cool, im just not sure its feasible.

canadian actors dont exactly get paid much
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    I was definitely not expecting that at the end.
    Me neither but I loved it when batmen found the comedian thingy

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't referencing the comics when I talked about Arrow.
    then your comment makes no sense at ALL.