Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    people didnt really like the last 3 expansions since cataclysm that much, and thats a few years of fail so it seems like the whole game was always bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wordoks View Post
    Why is there so much hate towards wow? I just don't get it. I feel like im the only one that wants the game to succeed. Is there anyone else that hopes for the best for the game? I never realized how many negative people there are, its just sad
    Because it's the end of an expansion with a content draught. Has happened like this the past few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Which shows that people are (were?) willing to give WoW a chance and that they were waiting for an actual good product; Instead were confronted by a bad expansion.
    Which shows they didn't stay long enough to even wait for the first patch. Most left right after BRF left. WoD had a very small dip from start to finish compared to cata or MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    x2-x3 players online on the server... yeah... ONE server, vs how many retail realms? There's plenty of later expansion private servers with modest populations too, so your point is rather mute.

I absolutely loved how people said they would gladly pay to support for legacy realms... yet Nost was struggling to remain afloat financially, all those freeloaders couldn't be bothered to throw in a few donations. So yeah... a lot of those players were playing it due to it being free for the most part, it being a vanilla server was just a perk. Freeloaders, /yay!

Plus said Freeloaders are used to going to top# private server site listings, so they don't need advertising... more often than not they'd go for the ones at the top. Private servers have been around for decades. It's not a new concept.
    Oh, yeah 1 server - right? It was located in France - do you think Asia/KR/NA/SEA could play there??? They had 350+ ping - not rly a pleasant experience, i guess..

I stated alot of reasons in previous post why Private servers aren't that popular and can't be since they are kinda "shadowbanned" from real advertisements and yet - Nost in 1 year of timespan grew to ~850k created accounts and 150k active players which is actually WORLD-Class mmo playerbase...

Compared to retail it will be 15 Very High PoP realms if we take sheer numbers -_- Once again - you, are wrong. Stop fighting pls. And you actually think that everyone knows about private servers/etc??? OK!! /r/wow = 200k subs, /r/wowservers - 7200subs which grew to 7200 from 3600 in 2 months after Nost thing happened..

Once again - get the fuck out of dellusional world, it's already getting boring to read/answer.
    Last edited by Pu3Ho; 2016-05-26 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Which shows they didn't stay long enough to even wait for the first patch. Most left right after BRF left. WoD had a very small dip from start to finish compared to cata or MoP.
    Wonder why they left..

To be fair WoD also had the biggest spike in subs in 1 instant. Almost point for point the number of people that left was equal to the number of people that joined.
    So 10/10 for marketing 0/10 for delivery.

Deleted
    x2-x3 players online on the server... yeah... ONE server, vs how many retail realms? There's plenty of later expansion private servers with modest populations too, so your point is rather mute.

I absolutely loved how people said they would gladly pay to support for legacy realms... yet Nost was struggling to remain afloat financially, all those freeloaders couldn't be bothered to throw in a few donations. So yeah... a lot of those players were playing it due to it being free for the most part, it being a vanilla server was just a perk. Freeloaders, /yay!

Plus said Freeloaders are used to going to top# private server site listings, so they don't need advertising... more often than not they'd go for the ones at the top. Private servers have been around for decades. It's not a new concept.
    The reason it's harder to get people to pay for a thing like Nost is that they don't know when/if it gets shut down. Which means they could sink 15 euro into it and have it all gone the next day. That's not a risk for official legacy servers, hence they'd be easier to monetize.

Quote Originally Posted by Pu3Ho View Post
    Oh, yeah 1 server - right? It was located in France - do you think Asia/KR/NA/SEA could play there??? They had 350+ ping - not rly a pleasant expirience, i guess.. and i stated alot of reasons why Private servers aren't that popular and can't be since they are kinda "shadowbanned" from real advertisements and yet - Nost in 1 year of timespan grew to ~850k created accounts and 150k active players which is actually WORLD-Class mmo playerbase... Compared to retail it will be 15 Very High PoP realms if we take sheer numbers -_- Once again - you, are wrong. Stop fighting pls.
    Freeloaders will be freeloaders. There's a reason why F2P games have a lot of accounts in comparison to any retail game...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    The reason it's harder to get people to pay for a thing like Nost is that they don't know when/if it gets shut down. Which means they could sink 15 euro into it and have it all gone the next day. That's not a risk for official legacy servers, hence they'd be easier to monetize.
    Well, if it were such an established server they could've easily set up a Patreon thing. Bit late now.

Probably not confronted by a bad expansion, but decieved by the really nice marketing department that Blizzard has.

Like seriously, anyone who played MoP could (more or less) wonder how this expansion was going to be. Probably the only thing that nobody expected was the ''antisocial'' issue, which is something that has been developed over the time (LFX), and the incredible lack of content for the most expensive expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    So 10/10 for marketing 0/10 for delivery.
    Well, that 0/10 is higher than MoP and Cata so... I guess -3/10 for cata and -5/10 for MoP? And Wrath is a 0/10 too. Odd... You'd think Blizz would be bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ...... What?
    I think that the person above you meant to say was: "Too much pay to win is talked about pointlessly on these forums"

Deleted

Well, if it were such an established server they could've easily set up a Patreon thing. Bit late now.
    How would that change the fact that Blizzard could have the server shut down on a whim?

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Leveling boost. Wow token. Those are all pay-to-win features.
    Levelling boost: pay to take you to the START of an expansion - hardly "winning"
    WoW token: use gold instead of MONEY to PAY for the game? No advantage at all. The other side of it - basically buying gold: allows you to pay for SOME gear maybe - or buy boosts..... there is no "pay to win" there. If you need to "buy your gear" then you are still not going to be winning anything. If you need to pay for boosts in current content you are paying for someone else to let you share THEIR win - it's not yours. This is still not "pay to win".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pu3Ho View Post
    Once again - get the fuck out of dellusional world, it's already getting boring to read/answer.
    You're the delusional one running out land to stand on, bub. I'm not a fan of current WoW (Just WoD, because of shitty non-raid content. MoP and Wrath my the best times I had in the game) and I don't go off spouting off opinions as fact for why the game sucks.

Legion is a course correction (FFXIV is my current favorite MMO and will likely remain to be for the next 5+ years but even i want to play Legion for the new non-raid content) for Blizzard and I'm curious to see how it plays out without just focusing on raiding for once.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    How would that change the fact that Blizzard could have the server shut down on a whim?
    It doesn't. But people frequently donate to charities and not expect a return, they knew the risk for playing on a private server. I just find it hilarious that they act as though they didn't.

Well, at least there's no need for it now. Legion literally is already 3x the expansion WoD was. Anyone who thinks otherwise is very wrong. It's possibly the best to date, being said well before factoring in any raiding content or other featured patches the game has in store. I've been blown away with the Beta it is extremely impressive, in quality, gameplay, story and long lasting content that's going to take months to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Well, at least there's no need for it now. Legion literally is already 3x the expansion WoD was. Anyone who thinks otherwise is very wrong. It's possibly the best to date, being said well before factoring in any raiding content or other featured patches the game has in store. I've been blown away with the Beta it is extremely impressive, in quality, gameplay, story and long lasting content that's going to take months to get through.
    Double-edged sword, these Betas.

While many play it to give feedback, many others will want or play the Beta strictly on the basis of playing it to distract themselves from WoD. Then come Legion's launch, these people would have completely burnt themselves out and will bitch and cry on the forums saying there's nothing to do... :|

The "Core" of WoW was to be a casual and accessible MMO experience that everyone could quickly pick up and know how to play.
    and then it morphed into a que based rpg

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    You're the delusional one running out land to stand on, bub. I'm not a fan of current WoW (Just WoD, because of shitty non-raid content. MoP and Wrath my the best times I had in the game) and I don't go off spouting off opinions as fact for why the game sucks.

Legion is a course correction (FFXIV is my current favorite MMO and will likely remain to be for the next 5+ years but even i want to play Legion for the new non-raid content) for Blizzard and I'm curious to see how it plays out without just focusing on raiding for once.
    As the "Legion Beta tester" - It's going to "correct" WoW by transforming it into completely "new game" called - Diablo 4: Legion On The Rise... But yeah - i agree, it's just from start already much better then WoD, and i totally "like" new blizzord games awesome "scheme" to keep ppl in game called - "Artifact Weapons".

They got alot of lvls(25 and "paragon lvl" after) which requires ALOT of artifact power after lvl 12 while u are given like... none ;D and don't you dare to neglect leveling them - you will be SO MUCH BEHIND that even pugs will treat you as shit and u will never get into theirs raid(even when u are 999 times better then they are)some time after addon release. But once again - this is better then nothing.
    Last edited by Pu3Ho; 2016-05-26 at 07:32 AM.

Well, that 0/10 is higher than MoP and Cata so... I guess -3/10 for cata and -5/10 for MoP? And Wrath is a 0/10 too. Odd... You'd think Blizz would be bankrupt.
    I wasn't comparing it to anything. Marketing got the people in, but the product couldn't deliver.That is why it is just a spike. Nothing controversial in that.