Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Harry Potter is a lot of things, and in my opinion it is pretty bad, but this is just fucking stupid to think it perpetuates anything more than using so many plot devices you can't keep track of them anymore.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    i have a question, using the time traveling thing, and then the polyjuice to have sex with yourself (and one of them has changed the appearance to one of your liking) counts as masturbation, or i'm being too creepy here?
    That would be sooo weird.

The answer is yes.
    Will totally be possible with VR in a few years

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    That would be sooo weird.

The answer is yes.
    Will totally be possible with VR in a few years
    i thought of that because of naruto and his shadow clones, combined with the sexy technique
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Sooooo.....the fact that Ron accidentally took a love potion that was originally meant for Harry doesn't matter? Cuz last I checked, that was the only time a love potion was actually used in HP and it was secretly given to a male by a female.

Feminists. Their logic makes my brain hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    If it isn't against the law though, what right do you have to call it wrong?
    What the hell kind of logic is that? "Against the law" and "wrong" are two very different things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    i have a question, using the time traveling thing, and then the polyjuice to have sex with yourself (and one of them has changed the appearance to one of your liking) counts as masturbation, or i'm being too creepy here?
    I'm not sure what happens if you use a time turner in the HP universe and interfere with your own timeline. Hermione was extremely careful not to do that in Prisoner of Azkaban.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I find it interesting that feminists believe rape culture is something men invite into society and approve of rape...

But in both cases sited it was men that were "raped".
    I think most mainstream feminists that believe in "rape culture" assert that it is two-part; encouraging men to think of women in those terms but also that same male culture is oppressive to men in that they are afraid to show weakness, which is why they're afraid to come forward with rape allegations.

But you know, ask five feminists the same question, get five different answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Because its not about making sense or actually helping women. It's about pushing agendas; that's it.
    Oh, it 's about helping women in the west.

The ideology in itself manifested into a spoiled rich girl wanting every toy from the big bad society; the same one that has always gotten her every toy when she's asked for it.

We'll see where things arin 15 years though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What the hell kind of logic is that? "Against the law" and "wrong" are two very different things.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure what happens if you use a time turner in the HP universe and interfere with your own timeline. Hermione was extremely careful not to do that in Prisoner of Azkaban.

I think most mainstream feminists that believe in "rape culture" assert that it is two-part; encouraging men to think of women in those terms but also that same male culture is oppressive to men in that they are afraid to show weakness, which is why they're afraid to come forward with rape allegations.

But you know, ask five feminists the same question, get five different answers.

Men don't show weakness because women aren't attracted to it.

How weird is this, ive always nicknamed my bottle of chloroform 'Love potion'.
    Maybe just a coincidence.

Say what? The whole end of the story was her using is to change the timeline in order to save Buckbeak and Sirius and allowed Harry to save his past self and Sirius.
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Of course love potions are supposed to be similar to rape. That's one of the reasons Voldemorts mother was so fucked up, she was essentially date raping a man for years and if memory serves he was so fucked up because he was conceived that way.

She's not perpetuating rape culture, they're taking date rape drugs with more permanency and pointing out how fucked up it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Say what? The whole end of the story was her using is to change the timeline in order to save Buckbeak and Sirius and allowed Harry to save his past self and Sirius.
    They avoided bumping into their past selves, only did things that had already happened in the original timeline. Buckbeak had escaped in the main timeline, they only thought he'd died - Harry conjured the Patronus he'd thought his father had summoned, but it was actually himself all along (original timeline Harry couldn't see him clearly) - and Sirius was saved from the castle after the point in time when they used the time turner. So their timelines weren't actually changed.

I think there is a parallel between love potions and rape. I applaud JK Rowling by considering the male PoV and date rape drugs.

However, it is pretty clear that love potions are frowned upon and frequently illegal, and it is also clear that JK Rowling is well aware of the parallel and writes her characters to hate these potions. She even espouses family values when she creates a villain that is born through rape and not love, and then receives no love after birth either.

Harry Potter does not in any way perpetuate rape culture. To the contrary. That feminist, like almost all of them, is insane in the membrane and couldn't do a literary analysis even if her life depended on it.
    Last edited by Ishayu; 2016-05-26 at 06:38 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes rape culture exists.

No, Harry Potter has nothing to do with it. It's a bloody entertainment story, with very little love potion involvement, written by a woman, who empowers women within the story, and it's a BLOODY ENTERTAINMENT STORY.

Move on. Just because someone wrote an article about it doesn't mean it's correct.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yes rape culture exists.
    It does, but only in the minds of feminist nutjobs.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    It does, but only in the minds of feminist nutjobs.
    And the Middle East. And Africa. And parts of Asia. And arguably some Western countries, to varying degrees.

So apart from the majority of the world, it doesn't exist, sure.

They avoided bumping into their past selves, only did things that had already happened in the original timeline. Buckbeak had escaped in the main timeline, they only thought he'd died - Harry conjured the Patronus he'd thought his father had summoned, but it was actually himself all along (original timeline Harry couldn't see him clearly) - and Sirius was saved from the castle after the point in time when they used the time turner. So their timelines weren't actually changed.
    Ya need to go watch the movie again. What we see is the changed version of events. They happened the way they did BECAUSE they went back in time. They essentially do a flashback to show us what happened in order to explain the patronus, the wolf howl, Buckbeak not really getting the axe etc.

Buckbeak did not escape, they're future selves set him free. He would have been killed had they not interfered and would have kept Sirius in prison had he not already died in the attack by dementors. They avoid letting their past selves see them but they blatantly interfere and change the timeline.

Ah feminazis
    "Media Z promotes female issue X because it's situation Y is also bad!!"
    Ok then we won't mention it
    "Stop ignoring inequality!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Sooooo.....the fact that Ron accidentally took a love potion that was originally meant for Harry doesn't matter? Cuz last I checked, that was the only time a love potion was actually used in HP and it was secretly given to a male by a female.

Feminists. Their logic makes my brain hurt.
    Merope Gaunt used love potions to ensnare her muggle husband, and it was briefly mentioned that Molly Weasly might have used one on Arthur (it was joked about, but never confirmed).

*shrug* This has long been recognized. Honestly, I'll give the feminists massive points here, because every single instance is one of women raping men, and not the other way around.

It has nothing to do with feminism and 'rape culture' that perpetuates women rape. Love potions are really not silly and funny, they are actually bad, as are memory charms and other similar things. And Harry Potter fandom discussed it at length.

And if we're taling about 'rape culture' in this case it's a culture where it's ok to rape anyone using love potions regardless of sex.
    Last edited by Orrin; 2016-05-26 at 07:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Yes yes we know everything is problematic when looked at through feminist eyes.

Oh if only Rowling stopped projecting her wicked rape fantasies and women in potterverse stopped raping men, we all could finally enjoy seeing those sweet sweet murders happening throughout the series.