Poll: Is putting old expansions into the Caverns of Time a good idea?

10+ Year Old Account

Suggestion for "retuning" the levelling content.

Okay, I’ll try to keep this brief.

I support the plan to extend the life of the early game beyond one-shotting everything and dinging six times for the work of one. I do, however, also accept the time this adds before reaching the end game that Blizzard is intent on shoving everyone to. As a result, while I don’t want the early game to be laughable, I accept the problem of holding players up too much.

Here’s my solution:

Why not use the “vanilla” content (including Cataclysm zones) to be the entire levelling curve up to a new expansion, and put other continents into the Caverns of Time as optional level cap content?

It’d work like this:

In Legion, the levelling starts at 100 and goes to 110. The Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor get you to level 100, and you move on from there. Outland, Northrend, Pandaria and Draenor are all moved to the Caverns of Time and form part of the level-scaling world content with their own objectives on the map.

If players wish to level there, they still can at the appropriate level via a reminder in the adventure guide.

Use the poll as usual, people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    I do like that idea, but the old world tells a story from zone to zone. "Chronicles" could treat that issue, but would still leave out a substantial amount of context and lore if players zone-hopped all over the place.

I'm not against the idea, in fact I'd support it, but I feel Azeroth, Outland, Northrend, Pandaria and Draenor were built with their story flow in mind. I reckon it'd be worth maintaining it.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    I do like that idea, but the old world tells a story from zone to zone. "Chronicles" could treat that issue, but would still leave out a substantial amount of context and lore if players zone-hopped all over the place.

I'm not against the idea, in fact I'd support it, but I feel Azeroth, Outland, Northrend, Pandaria and Draenor were built with their story flow in mind. I reckon it'd be worth maintaining it.
    IMO any iteration is going to be a compromise between cohesive storytelling, a timely leveling speed and the system wide changes needed to make it happen. Regardless, players will still miss out on a lot of lore while leveling through old content. I'll probably make a video specifically about that chronicle feature to address this in better detail.

Or simply apply level scaling tech to ALL zones? Why create big and weird constructions when the simple and elegant solution is already here?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Its not a bad idea.

However other continents should remain part of leveling process. Just make them as optional alternative path, so players would have a choice where to go.

Something like:
    1-80: former 1-60 zones
    80-90: choice of Outland and Northrend and Cataclysm zones
    90-100: choice of Pandaria and Draenor

10+ Year Old Account
    @SoulSoBreezy

I'd appreciate that. I think I know what you're talking about, but a picture paints a thousand words.

@l33t and @Binki

Yep, I'm cool with both those notions too (and that's what SoulSoBreezy's post is about, l33t).