Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Some suggestions for Overwatch

After playing Overwatch for a few days, I've come to the conclusion that it is quite good, but there are some things that I feel the game needs.

1. Daily quests. Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm both use this method of unlocking items over time. I think Overwatch needs this too and I think the daily quests need to give credits. 2 reasons for this: To give people a reason to play every day. Of course this isn't a problem right now, but when the game has been out for a couple months, giving people a reason to dive in every day can't hurt. The other reason is to provide a consistent source of credits. Credits are great because they are versatile. They let you buy anything you want, but currently there's no consistent source of them because you can only get them from Loot Boxes and it's random if you'll get any. This would allow players the excitement and disappointment of the loot box system while also allowing them to slowly and reliably work towards whatever skin or whatever they want.

2. Hero levels. I think it would be cool if you could unlock the blue skins by leveling up your heroes. Maybe even an epic skin when you reach a high level. This would give you a reason to try every hero and have a solid understanding of what each hero can do. I've only played the game for 2 days but there are still characters I haven't played and I probably won't play them for a while because I don't like their style. In Heroes I've at least tried every hero and gotten almost all of them to level 5 for the 500 gold reward. I think it'd be healthy for the game.

3. Being able to queue into a specific gametype. My personal favorite is the King of the Hill/Domination type mode. If I could, I'd play that mode over and over again because I like the round system that it has in it. Really allows your team to switch up tactics and rally together in the next round. In the other game modes when you win the match you get put in the same lobby but often most people leave so you don't really get to try again against the same people. I think Quick Play should stay like it is, but with additional options for queuing for a specific game mode.

Those are my main 3 suggestions so far. Obviously I have others like I feel like they need to add more game types, more maps, and eventually more heroes but those will come with time and are obvious additions. What do you guys think? Do you have any more suggestions to add?

Here's another : Rework Tracer's voice. THAT VOICE is the reason I won't buy this game. Sometimes they try toooooooo much and over do it
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

The only rewards they could give for daily stuff would have to be cosmetic/currency, which would decrease sale of lootboxes for Blizz in the long run. I don't see them actually doing that as a business.

They say they didn't want to add individual heroes leveling because they saw people playing unsuited heroes for longer than they should because those people wanted to stick on said heroes just to level them up. Went against their desire for hero swapping being a thing.

And of course we should be able to select which map/gamemode we want to play. Lumping everything you can do, granted that isn't much, into a single button is just a horrible decision.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcharm View Post
    Here's another : Rework Tracer's voice. THAT VOICE is the reason I won't buy this game. Sometimes they try toooooooo much and over do it
    No thanks, I think Tracer is adorable the way she is. :3

As to the OP suggestions, I agree with them. There being no practical way to earn currency or lootboxes (aside from endlessly grinding levels) is the biggest flaw currently in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    The only rewards they could give for daily stuff would have to be cosmetic/currency, which would decrease sale of lootboxes for Blizz in the long run. I don't see them actually doing that as a business.

They say they didn't want to add individual heroes leveling because they saw people playing unsuited heroes for longer than they should because those people wanted to stick on said heroes just to level them up. Went against their desire for hero swapping being a thing.

And of course we should be able to select which map/gamemode we want to play. Lumping everything you can do, granted that isn't much, into a single button is just a horrible decision.
    And why shouldn't they? You have dailies to get currency in Hearthstone, in Heroes of the Storm, and they all do just fine. Those are examples of big hits for Blizzard, albeit Hearthstone more than Heroes.

i doubt they will change it so that one person buys their game, i know alot of people who enjoy tracer and her voice so i think we will be fine without you. : )

I really hope you're just trolling -- because that's definitely one of the stupidest reasons for not buying a game that I have ever heard. lol

But regardless, don't buy the game than. We'll continue having a great time without you =]

[QUOTE=AlarStormbringer;40523666]No thanks, I think Tracer is adorable the way she is. :3

As to the OP suggestions, I agree with them. There being no practical way to earn currency or lootboxes (aside from endlessly grinding levels) is the biggest flaw currently in the game.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]

His post already said why and how it doesn't fit the spirit of hero switching in the game by encouraging other behaviors

Yeah, I would upgrade "add more map/objective types" to a full suggestion. Game really needs more.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    1. Daily quests. Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm both use this method of unlocking items over time. I think Overwatch needs this too and I think the daily quests need to give credits. 2 reasons for this: To give people a reason to play every day. Of course this isn't a problem right now, but when the game has been out for a couple months, giving people a reason to dive in every day can't hurt. The other reason is to provide a consistent source of credits. Credits are great because they are versatile. They let you buy anything you want, but currently there's no consistent source of them because you can only get them from Loot Boxes and it's random if you'll get any. This would allow players the excitement and disappointment of the loot box system while also allowing them to slowly and reliably work towards whatever skin or whatever they want.
    I agree and have been thinking the same since beta.

2. Hero levels. I think it would be cool if you could unlock the blue skins by leveling up your heroes. Maybe even an epic skin when you reach a high level. This would give you a reason to try every hero and have a solid understanding of what each hero can do. I've only played the game for 2 days but there are still characters I haven't played and I probably won't play them for a while because I don't like their style. In Heroes I've at least tried every hero and gotten almost all of them to level 5 for the 500 gold reward. I think it'd be healthy for the game.
    This is also a solid idea, and the rewards should be currency only. Maybe at max level you unlock one of the epic skins for free? Or equivalent in currency if already owned.

3. Being able to queue into a specific gametype. My personal favorite is the King of the Hill/Domination type mode. If I could, I'd play that mode over and over again because I like the round system that it has in it. Really allows your team to switch up tactics and rally together in the next round. In the other game modes when you win the match you get put in the same lobby but often most people leave so you don't really get to try again against the same people. I think Quick Play should stay like it is, but with additional options for queuing for a specific game mode.
    Yeah, although I worry about splitting the queues too much leading to long load times. If the game had more map/objective diversity there might be more call for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I believe the weekly brawl should tap into the QM, lower chances with priority to QM matches if they're available but atleast a 1/10 chance.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think queues into specific game types would be nice, but they really need more game types before they add that feature.

All for daily quests and there is precedent as both HoTS and Hearthstone have them. Quests that make you win games, or try different roles just to give you even a marginal amount of currency would be pretty welcome. Yeah it will be less incentive into buying loot boxes, but I have a feeling they are already scrambling to add more cosmetics to the game based on how many loot boxes the 10-15 people I play with have already purchased within the first 3 days of the game. Right now it's incredibly slow to unlock things if you don't buy loot boxes (like me) and it's only going to get slower over time. I don't think that's a bad thing necessarily, but there is going to become a point where somebody like myself literally won't be able to obtain anything (especially when they start adding new stuff).

Honestly the game is solid, and I don't think there are many suggestions I can think of aside from minor balance changes, more map types, an additional way to work towards cosmetics, and obviously more heroes.

Thinking of it one thing they really need to do is have a solid spectator mode, specifically where you can watch people on your friends list play without being forced into the group once their game concludes. The game is fast paced, looks great, and I think a really great traditional spectator mode would be a super welcome feature (something akin to DoTa for example, although it doesn't need to have nearly the amount of features).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hero levelling is something they already considered and rejected back in alpha/beta development. While it works for a game like LoL or HotS, the idea of binding individual levels to each hero was not such a good idea for OW. The entire game is designed around regular switching of heroes in a game and flexibility. Levels which are bound to the individual hero you are playing encourages people to pick a hero they like and stick to it, grinding xp on it to unlock the skins etc.

This really goes against the whole concept of hero swapping in the game, so I'm very glad they scrapped this.

Daily quests like Hearthstone/HotS aren't such a bad idea though - even if they just rewarded some visible bonus XP or a -small- amount of currency to encourage people to log in every day and play.

Your third point is a tricky one... on the one hand it seems like a good idea from a purely selfish perspective, and I'd probably make use of it. But I think it may be bad for the health of the game as a whole. Chances are before long there would be overall community favourites and some others might get rejected or become generally a bad experience because all the good players start to avoid it - a bit like how in WoW's battlegrounds you end up with things like AV always being a nightmare because every Horde player blacklists it. I kind of like the unpredictability of not knowing which mode or map is coming up next and having to adapt to that.

Maybe if it was a separate mode than Quick Play, but then they could probably solve that by just making it possible to browse custom games in a list?

Deleted
    You can change the voice language if that's more up your alley. I'm a shameless weeb so I changed the voices to Japanese when I played the beta.

Deleted
    This is not Hots or HS, stop asking for features from a card game and a moba to be implemented into a team based shooter.
    Why the fuck would I want daily quest saying "play 2 defensive hero's" and then have 3 widow's and 2 bastions on my attacking team.
    Of course I will say something and all 5 of them will say, Just doing my daily quest Bro. chill out.

And its already fucking easy getting loot boxes by just playing the game, we don't need more ways to get more skins and other stuff.

The get everything fast and free community is out in full force again i see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    No thanks, I think Tracer is adorable the way she is. :3
    God no, she sounds like a victorian cockney who was forced to have elocution lessons, and failed. Badly. No one in England actually speaks like that.

OT: My only suggestion for the game so far is CS_Assault map.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its great the way it is but I do like that hero level idea similar to hots. Unlock blues and then unlock 1 epic skin at a high level.

I love how balanced the game play is, I really hope this game does not attract such a huge toxic community or at least the devs flat out ignore them.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    God no, she sounds like a victorian cockney who was forced to have elocution lessons, and failed. Badly. No one in England actually speaks like that.
    All of the accents are cheesy and overdone, it's part of the fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    All of the accents are cheesy and overdone, it's part of the fun!
    I get that, but hers, it's scratching nails down a chalkboard :<

10+ Year Old Account
    I get that, but hers, it's scratching nails down a chalkboard :<
    Is that a fwog in a buhbble??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Is that a fwog in a buhbble??
    The only character with an annoying voice is D.Va.

If she was supposed to be a ten year old girl, they sure as hell didn't give her the body of one.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

OT: My only suggestion for the game so far is CS_Assault map.
    Except for the English voice actress who voices her.