Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do support players get enough credit?

I'm pretty sure this will get loaded with anecdotes of "this one time, at band camp..." and "I always get it because I'm just that awesome" but it seems really uncommon for support players to get PotG - I've never seen it happen - and it's also pretty rare that they even come up to actually give the player an upvote. Seems a bit harsh, to the point that I'm now making a point of always giving them the upvote when I get the chance.

I had two PotGs as Mercy during the free open beta and now after release I've had two or three as Symmetra (Hanamura defense is -lovely- for sneaky turret placement that nukes/warns about the incoming opposition) where people have pushed onto a mined point and gotten shredded by lasers.

And I tend to give commendations to healers/support over dps, with a few exceptions, since I know roughly how the good healing goes. Also because I know how _incredibly_ frustrating it is as Mercy for example to chase after a team that runs out of LoS to get a health pack on half health rather than back into cover with me for half a second to get topped up. <_<
    Last edited by Perfectdoll; 2016-05-26 at 09:04 AM.

I've seen a mercy potg on live. Revived literally the whole team lol.

Deleted
    9 out of 10 times a good healer will get all the votes at the end of the match. I've also seen plenty of healer potg... Yes supports gets plenty credit

10+ Year Old Account
    My buddy received 3 PoTG's as Mercy in 2 evenings of play, seems fair enough? You do need to res a few people at once to get it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen Mercy potg 3 times, Symmetra 2 times, and Lucio 2-3 times.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

There is at least an upvote card for healer supporters up practically anytime there is a healer, often also for Symmetra if her turrets do a good job. Also got a PotG with Symmetra and Zenyatta before. With Lucio you can knock people off things and kill them, giving you an easy PotG if luck will have it.

Deleted
    Support players don't get enough credits from randoms it seems, at least my experience today :P Ended up in play of the game and just got salt.
    But my friends appreciate me
    Potg is rare for me as support, but I get selected for upvote very often

Quote Originally Posted by Earthrot View Post
    My buddy received 3 PoTG's as Mercy in 2 evenings of play, seems fair enough? You do need to res a few people at once to get it though.
    Think Mercy will have a good chance at earning POTG if she revives at least 3 people during a round?

But, I have no idea what the requirements are for POTG... Makes no sense to me, yet. Seen a few where a player gets 1 kill, and 2 assists, not using an ultimate; While someone else during the same around has received 4 killing blows under 15 seconds and didn't earn it. :S

Had one last night where Genji got POTG for reflecting McCree's "High Noon", and getting 1 kill, no assists. I really just don't understand the POTG systems workings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdoll View Post
    And I tend to give commendations to healers/support over dps, with a few exceptions, since I know roughly how the good healing goes. Also because I know how _incredibly_ frustrating it is as Mercy for example to chase after a team that runs out of LoS to get a health pack on half health rather than back into cover with me for half a second to get topped up. <_<
    Happens so often, I want to cry... Not just in Overwatch, either!
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    But, I have no idea what the requirements are for POTG... Makes no sense to me, yet. Seen a few where a player gets 1 kill, and 2 assists, not using an ultimate; While someone else during the same around has received 4 killing blows under 15 seconds and didn't earn it. :S
    None of us understand how it works. Playing Torbjörn seems to automatically give you Potg, had one where he just shot in meis ice wall Btw don't think I've seen Mei ever in Potg.
    Would be interesting to know actually how it works

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I've seen plenty of Mercys and Symetra get potg, symetra by killing people with OP beam and turrets, and well Mercy when she revies like 4 people. But yeah they dont get enuff cred for what they are doing.

Deleted
    Think Mercy will have a good chance at earning POTG if she revives at least 3 people during a round?

Had one last night where Genji got POTG for reflecting McCree's "High Noon", and getting 1 kill, no assists. I really just don't understand the POTG systems workings.

- - - Updated - - -

Happens so often, I want to cry... Not just in Overwatch, either!
    True, but somewhat understandable. There are just so many mercys who wouldn't notice someone with low health out of combat if their..uh..lives depended on it. For good mercys though, it sucks hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    None of us understand how it works. Playing Torbjörn seems to automatically give you Potg, had one where he just shot in meis ice wall Btw don't think I've seen Mei ever in Potg.
    Would be interesting to know actually how it works
    I have seen Mei get it a few times during Beta and Live; Both times where when she used her Ult to freeze most of the enemy team; and kill at least 2 of them.

I'd question if it where perhaps a point-based system; But that is nearly impossible to keep track of since there are so many things being thrown up for Points; And in different categories, for different values, AND Each hero has different ways to get points. Something insane like 10 or 12 different ways to get points for Hero's? And not everything is even listed as points, just "Number of kills", or something! doesn't say that a Kill is 100points, or a Revive is 150, or each objective capture is 500; I don't understand the damn system, and it annoys me! X_x

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never got Potg with Mercy but I usually get most of the votes for either healing or resurrects. I have seen some potg Mercy matches but they were so bleh, one was just some topping off heals and another was a 3 person resurrect. I honestly have no idea how potg is done, there was one where a Reinhart charged into a soldier 76 off a cliff and got potg for it.

The 2 classes I don't think get enough credit among players are Torbjorn and Symmetra.

I always vote for support players if the option is there. You guys are awesome since I can't regen my HP as Reinhardt once my shield drops.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    You can get PotG as Support, it's just not that common.
    You often get Bastion or Widowmaker which are the lamest PotG ever.
    When you get PotG as Symmetra you usually don't see any action becasue the enemy team jsut walked through your car wash and you didn't see it.
    Mercy and Lucio can get it when they do their ultimate at a critical moment. I guess the same goes for Zenatta too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    I've never got Potg with Mercy but I usually get most of the votes for either healing or resurrects. I have seen some potg Mercy matches but they were so bleh, one was just some topping off heals and another was a 3 person resurrect. I honestly have no idea how potg is done, there was one where a Reinhart charged into a soldier 76 off a cliff and got potg for it.

The 2 classes I don't think get enough credit among players are Torbjorn and Symmetra.
    Zarya, Zenyatta, Lucio, S76 are the ones I have NOT seen yet get POTG.
    Reaper, Bastion, Junkrat are the ones I see the MOST.
    Mercy, Widow, Reinhardt, Symmetra are the rare ones.

Well good thing is, if the potg in that particular game is shit, usually supports get the card votes, i have only seen supports get 10 votes for LEGENDARY call :P

Quote Originally Posted by Anaralah View Post
    Well good thing is, if the potg in that particular game is shit, usually supports get the card votes, i have only seen supports get 10 votes for LEGENDARY call :P
    I watched someone get Legendary on a Pharah! ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Zarya, Zenyatta, Lucio, S76 are the ones I have NOT seen yet get POTG.
    Reaper, Bastion, Junkrat are the ones I see the MOST.
    Mercy, Widow, Reinhardt, Symmetra are the rare ones.
    I see a lot of Bastion but not so much reaper, I've only seen one Junkrat, I normally play Junkrat when not playing Mercy and can get 4-5 gold medals but never got a POTG with him yet. I've seen a lot of Reinhardt POTG. I've seen everyone get POTG except Mei.