Page 34 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    It should not be worse. Raiding must always feel epic!
    I raid mythic AND i hate being forced to do lfr for missing trinkets or set pieces. BUT that is NOT enough to take them away from newer players who can't get in to normal+ raiding.
    There are much better alternatives than taking away loot from new players:
    -make lfr lock you out heroic+ loot: 1)that way ppl who do lfr could do normal mode as well, 2)mythic raiders who faceroll heroic raids could ignore lfr;

But taking loot away from new players who are afraid to step in normal? That is just stupid! Even if lfr feels like sh*t for most of us, for some it is the most epic World of Warcraft battle they will experience!
    I like this option, I only do LFR and thats it for me. I dont care about being unable to do other difficulties, but I want to progress my character with nice looking gear and useful bonuses/trinkets.

Gross all the LFR heroes will have tier sets. Well at least they won't look as good as our mythic sets

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Gross all the LFR heroes will have tier sets. Well at least they won't look as good as our mythic sets
    Your selfworth is based on a videogame?

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    It was very common in MoP for Mythic/Heroic raiders to run LFR for tier to complete their 4pc, due to limited drop numbers and guilds loot distribution you can finish tier sets quicker that way.
    I sincerely doubt anyone pushing Mythic by the time LFR comes out won't have tier gear, unless it's a split run alt that is passed over on loot in favor of funneling to mains. People pushing late heroic by the time LFR comes out may or may not have full 4pc by then, it depends on their raid schedule and how good their raid is and how fast they can clear farm content like normal tier bosses. Worst case scenario you run a wing of LFR for a chance at picking up another tier piece at the expense of under an hour of your time.

I'm not sure what you mean by guild's loot distribution, since being in a guild automatically gives you a better chance at completing sets since you roll against the same people every week. Having tier in LFR really isn't a negative to anyone, it's just an extra roll for lower ilvl tier after the raid has been out for several weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    yeah, cus 2 weeks is always enough to get full tier set...

Also, I love the pathetic argument. "We need tier sets otherwise we can't progress into normal..." right, cus heroic dungeons never totally did that in the past...
    2 weeks? It took over 2 months for HFC LFR to fully unlock, BRF was similar at slightly under 2 months.
    Last edited by Haveth; 2016-05-26 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    So the world content will once again be undermined because they have to funnel people into LFR. Can't say it wasn't coming, but what a joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    So it is 100% for 43 ilvls and the 4pc.
    What will be the difference between a 743ilvl feral without tier bonuses and 743 ilvl feral with set bonuses?

I actually took some time to run some SimC

A BIS feral with best ring and bis non tier slots sims at 108670.8 DPS on a single target.
    A BIS feral with tier slots 120732.3 on a single target.

I am no professional in feral druids, so I might have fucked up something in a simulation, but they were both done in same circumstances.
    Difference is ~11%.
    The thing is, that even new player can get the ring. Ring is not a problem it is 5-6 weeks of dull farming and doing LFR i know i did it on 6 alts. You wouldn't even consider an application without ring but the problem is dude has a ring and everything else is trash ;-/ and ring is a must have how do you guess if he has a sign of promise or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Haveth View Post
    I sincerely doubt anyone pushing Mythic by the time LFR comes out won't have tier gear, unless it's a split run alt that is passed over on loot in favor of funneling to mains. People pushing late heroic by the time LFR comes out may or may not have full 4pc by then, it depends on their raid schedule and how good their raid is and how fast they can clear farm content like normal tier bosses. Worst case scenario you run a wing of LFR for a chance at picking up another tier piece at the expense of under an hour of your time.

I'm not sure what you mean by guild's loot distribution, since being in a guild automatically gives you a better chance at completing sets since you roll against the same people every week. Having tier in LFR really isn't a negative to anyone, it's just an extra roll for lower ilvl tier after the raid has been out for several weeks.

2 weeks? It took over 2 months for HFC LFR to fully unlock, BRF was similar at slightly under 2 months.
    2 weeks for first wing, which guess what, had a boss which would have dropped tier if LFR dropped tier...

So unless you had that tier piece already, you'd be 2 weeks away from running LFR...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    You must feel like the wolf of wall street when you go outside in real life , EleGiggle.
    Mythic raiding is like 2% of the playerbase, no one cares about their opinion imo, if we listened to people like you the game would be leveling + mythic raids only for like 2 years per expansion cause the colour of your pixels is the end goal in life.

Tier in LFR is fine, especially with personal loot so you don't get people rolling need on it for their other guild mates or other specs, WoD LFR items were pure garbage and gave no real reason to run it, trinkets were uber shite and the tier gear had crap bonuses and looks.
    Only reason to run it was the legendary questline, MoP LFR was miles more fun to run then WoD LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    2 weeks for first wing, which guess what, had a boss which would have dropped tier if LFR dropped tier...

So unless you had that tier piece already, you'd be 2 weeks away from running LFR...
    Also the tier boss you'd kill the most if you were actually raiding, though I'm not sure what the problem is, it takes less than an hour to run a wing of LFR to have an extra chance at a tier piece. You don't have to do it if you want to, but it really isn't that big of a deal if you do.

It wont make LFR better, but it will make LFR relevant. In WOD I had to do lfr in order to complete legendary quests etc but did I want ANY gear from there, nope. Now I can at least get a version of a tier that makes set bonuses relevant for me without feeling like shit for doing something that is a complete waste of time.
    I'm glad they changed this back to the way t was as this will help people who is new to the game to get going into normal/heroic difficulty raids.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    having an ilvl that is lower than normal DRAGON SOUL GEAR that is a major major major handicap. Sure they are skilled players. But they basically killed Archiemonde in gear from 2 expansions ago. If anything, it proves you don't need tier gear to do LFR.
    This is an ilvl representation problem, not a proof of needed gear. I agree you don't "need tier gear to do LFR" but most LFR players don't say that anyway.

Your source: https://m.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/...fr_archimonde/

AlexFatboss:

Hey, Just noticed this on reddit and thought I would quickly clear some things up.

Today on the stream we decided to do a "Naked" Archimonde LFR. We'd done something similar back in SoO and I thought it would be something fun to do with the stream again. We used the premade group finder in order to get viewers from the stream to come along. This also allowed me to try and bring the best ilvl I could from the list of players available.

This was important because, "Naked" in this case meant that we were not allowed armor pieces that showed on our character. So we could use Helm, Cape (both hidden using interface options), Neck, Rings, Trinkets and Weapons. This did mean that although the average ilvl was around the 395 mark, some players still had legendary ring and some BiS Mythic weapons. So damage classes that rely heavily on weapon damage (like hunters) were really really strong, even with the low itemlevel.

Also having people with higher ilvl also meant that those players were way more likely to have some experience of Archimonde before, meaning that this group had way more experienced players than your average LFR Group. In the end it took us four pulls to get the guy down, with three determination stacks
    (15% damage, healing and health).

After the kill I started joking around saying that "Archimonde LFR Doesn't need to be nerfed!" "People need to stop complaining and start playing better!" "If we can do it in 395 ilvl you can obviously do it as well" ect. Of course we had a way easier time on Archimonde than most LFR groups. We had everyone playing well, following strats and calls, dpsing the right stuff and actually being at their keyboards. It was awesome fun and we're definitely looking to do something similar again.

Quick mention about Archimonde on LFR. I was very surprised to see that he is pretty much the same as normal/heroic mode, just with lower numbers. Doomfire Spirits still spawns a ton of fire, Dark stars will knock you flying off the platform, Infernals heal quite a lot when next to each other, and the ticking damage they deal when charged up hurts quite a lot. Normally boss mechanics are changed in some way to be way more forgiving, such as the knockback on BH barely moving you on LFR, but this doesn't seem to be much of that going on here. Overall, getting an unorganized group of 25 players, half of which are afk/not paying attention, to kill that boss on LFR is bound to cause some big headaches.

Sorry for the wall of text, hope that cleared up some of the things that may have been taken out of context.

- EDIT: Adding in others so they can enjoy the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    snip
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    snip
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    snip
    Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    snip
    Last edited by OreoLover; 2016-05-26 at 09:22 AM.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haveth View Post
    I sincerely doubt anyone pushing Mythic by the time LFR comes out
    I was just explaining how it worked in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    You must feel like the wolf of wall street when you go outside in real life , EleGiggle.
    Mythic raiding is like 2% of the playerbase, no one cares about their opinion imo, if we listened to people like you the game would be leveling + mythic raids only for like 2 years per expansion cause the colour of your pixels is the end goal in life.

Tier in LFR is fine, especially with personal loot so you don't get people rolling need on it for their other guild mates or other specs, WoD LFR items were pure garbage and gave no real reason to run it, trinkets were uber shite and the tier gear had crap bonuses and looks.
    Only reason to run it was the legendary questline, MoP LFR was miles more fun to run then WoD LFR.
    I truly feel that everyone who raids for gear ..... is raiding for the very wrong reason ....
    - You raid to kill bosses, to kill bosses you need certain gear
    - You LFR to gather gear, to clear LFR you don't really need gear

That is the personal problem is have with LFR.
    Ah well, i am glad for the people that enjoy gathering gear that they get the option of gathering tier gear now I don't intent to downtalk on people that do enjoy that, i just personally feel it's hurting the playerbase mindset concerning raiding in general, but who am i
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind it but I hope they dare to make it a bit harder to compensate, even if it does spark a shitstorm from keyboard-turners.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is great news. WoD LFR sets are a shame.

Deleted
    Great!

I dont care about ilvl or anything, but to collect xmogs, and as im not raiding, it was a shame that WoD left me without tier gears to collect!

So i definitely welcome this change.

Deleted
    this is the only reason im gonna buy legion for tbh

if tier sets would not come back to LFR i would not play the game at all

why??

because of my job.
    i work as a geriatric nurse and my work time schedule does not allow me to raid normally at all, my working times change every day and they can change every day if my co workers get sick etc

before i started working i could not care less for the LFR more mode and i hated it because people could get tier sets etc.
    but now that im in the same spot as the peole were before me, which i didnt like .. i know why they liked LFR
    Last edited by mmocc0413d7d48; 2016-05-26 at 09:38 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    You filthy plebs get to wear clothes that look like a washed down version of mine now again.
    Or vice versa, a lot of times the LFR sets had the best colour scheme (I.E Warrior T15).

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    For clarification are you referring to me or the guy I quoted?
    It is you. I guess you want to keep raiding in the game now if this sticks around? The resources are now justified I guess? Going to get a few 100 machine gun posts about it and no one will be better for it? I guess so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bapbap View Post
    this is the only reason im gonna buy legion for tbh
    I am not confirming or denying anything. But you might want to wait for a blue confirmation. We don't need another "how do I refund my pre purchase" thread because you may have jumped the gun on some data mined screen shot.

As an alt whore I welcome the change.

Not sure why so many people are beyond salty about this but whatever.