Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    "Done"? You make it sound easy. It would be a nightmare to actually implement that without exploitation of ratings or at least a very vague reality of what a rating actually means.
    It is easy, they are doing this in D3 and in Legion for instances. It's damn easy to implement. If you do separate ratings (might be hidden) for different instances, you don't even have to tune instances to each other.

The "exploitation" that you are talking about is a byproduct of bad balance. It looks like this: blood DKs get higher ratings in instance X than bears. It is nothing new, it is constantly with us, it is there whether they do this or do raids the old way, you fix it by fixing balance.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-05-23 at 11:37 AM.

raiding blows, i did mythic raiding all through mop and half of wod. you 20 somethings can have it, but dont be like me. go out and get drunk and get laid, dont spend friday and saturday nights farming materials to make sure you have money for gems and reforging (see mop raiding days) and respeccing...and yada yada yada. a video game that takes 5-6 nights a week to play properly isnt worth playing to me anymore.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Worked fine how? How much did you clear?
    Before I found a guild I cleared 9/10brf heroic when it was current and 13/13 heroic HFC which I was 9/13 N and 6/13 H week one when those difficulties came out

Because playing games nowadays isnt about feeling accomplished or striving to be great...
    Plus i feel Transmog took away alot of the hype to get "cool" and good gear from raids from me personally.

Just because i myself remember running around in vanilla and tbc and so on seeing these awesome ppl with cool armor and so on.
    And the only way to get it was to work my ass off to get that gear and i DID! and it felt awesome.

Nowadays u just dont get that same hype i guess. I dont know if its just me but think about it;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kolboti View Post
    Because playing games nowadays isnt about feeling accomplished or striving to be great...
    Plus i feel Transmog took away alot of the hype to get "cool" and good gear from raids from me personally.

Just because i myself remember running around in vanilla and tbc and so on seeing these awesome ppl with cool armor and so on.
    And the only way to get it was to work my ass off to get that gear and i DID! and it felt awesome.

Nowadays u just dont get that same hype i guess. I dont know if its just me but think about it;
    I got that only by checking their gear with an inspect and seeing tier bonuses on it. I was really impressed by the tier bonuses, "so many words, my gear doesn't have that many words". Maybe I'm more of a nerd about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    But you should play in groups/guilds thats blizzard wants and so if you cant commit to that then dont play this game, eventho the hardcore community is the smallest group of this game its what keeps wow alive.
    Think of it as a government intervention when the market fails. You don't just let the game community implode. You step in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    They already have, LFR-Heroic is already free loot. You might have to actually try a little if you want mythic loot though.
    Why even bother with LFR or normal when you can afk your way to 710 pvp gear and 705 baleful, which is as good or better.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Lots of fair points about Mythic. But i'd still like to see a raid finder option for Normal mode dungeons. Just make silver proving grounds the prereq.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Lots of fair points about Mythic. But i'd still like to see a raid finder option for Normal mode dungeons. Just make silver proving grounds the prereq.
    Silver PG aint any req, just annoyance...

i feel theyve done an ok job putting different colored skins in different difficulty settings, but in general the gear needs to look better. F the wod savage crap look. but if they could expand on the different skins idea more, that'd be appealing to me and would also pull me into LFR even when i dont need the gear for upgrades, just for mog.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    Silver PG aint any req, just annoyance...
    Thankfully, it's gone in legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    i feel theyve done an ok job putting different colored skins in different difficulty settings, but in general the gear needs to look better. F the wod savage crap look. but if they could expand on the different skins idea more, that'd be appealing to me and would also pull me into LFR even when i dont need the gear for upgrades, just for mog.
    That would be pretty cool, but the tier sets have always been iconic to that tier. It would be nice if they fleshed out matching items for all the off pieces. Almost like 2 tier sets per raid, each with a unique look.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    No that's a bad idea I'm not filling out a ten page application to get into a group that's just stupid

I like the way that the old group finder worked, where people requested you instead of you having to beg to get into groups.

Quote Originally Posted by orca2425 View Post
    No that's a bad idea I'm not filling out a ten page application to get into a group that's just stupid
    Have fun raiding alone

Blizzard CAN'T make the raiding scene more appealing--the 'scene' is to the rest of the game what MOBAs are to the rest of gaming.
    It's toxic content fostering a toxic environment developed for toxic people by other toxic people who grew up playing entire GAMES that only featured toxic content, and decided that they could do worse.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Currently if you want to raid and make any sort of decent progress you need to commit to a guild. For most gamers this simply isn't feasible as keeping to a video game schedule isn't something they want to do.

As a result we've seen that subscriber numbers have diminished substantially.

If you look at other games, they all have matchmaking which allow you to play the game at the highest level without sacrificing your real life.

Why hasn't Blizz also done this?
    I would love this a way to mythic raid. However how? I dont see anyway to make this viable. The amount of people who are good enough to progress raid in a pug is small. I play casually i can play 4.30- 7.00 am its impossible to get a group going. Its even harder on weekends due to the ilvl achivement i understand why RL ask for it. I have several world top 20 kills back from wotlk mainly ulduar still impossible to prove. Thats why i would love a way for mythic content that fits my schedule i dont see how though only way is to make like some super high end proving ground way harder then the current endless 30 still might not be enough.

that's what blizzard are trying to do, just look at 4 difficulties they're trying to get everyone to taste raiding in a sense, it won't be for everyone, nothing ever is.

on another note, tennisace is banned, YAAAAAAY!

Currently if you want to raid and make any sort of decent progress you need to commit to a guild. For most gamers this simply isn't feasible as keeping to a video game schedule isn't something they want to do.

If you look at other games, they all have matchmaking which allow you to play the game at the highest level without sacrificing your real life.

Because it "simply" isn't feasible to have matchmaking for difficulties above Looking for Raid. There is no way to adequately test people for mechanical and class awareness.

I'ma also interested to see what games use matchmaking to throw players into their content's highest difficulty. If your talking about something like Final Fantasy, look at something like any of the primal hardmodes or extremes. Most of those before they were nerfed had the option to matched randomly, but most users made pre-made groups because the average player was incapable of doing the content.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I absolutetly agree with OP!

I find this very frustrating, as I have no time to guildraid. My job has strange and varying hours and I have a very active social life. I manage to find time to play but I can not have a solid, reliable in-game schedule.

I can't be reliable in any guild and it would just be mean to them to try. I am forced to PuG...

And this is frustrated. I am usually not a person bragging, don't get me wrong, but I raided end-game for many years, in top guilds, doing HC (todays Mythic) raids, clearing all content offered from Vanilla to Mists of Pandaria. I am not a top-notch raider, but I should be at 13/13 Mythic killed if only time allowed, which is all I want, to clear it all, don't care for realm firsts or anything, just all cleared before next tier, like it used to be.

Now, in WoD, with my new job, this is impossible and I am forced to do bad PuGs in lower difficulties. I know there are decent Mythic PuGs on like Openraid, but those are extremly elitist, they disregard any skill and previous experience and only focus on current exp and gear.

I want to raid the raids that fits me, Mythic HFC right now for instance, but I can't schedule time. I hate that people in my situation just say "tough luck" and I understand why Blizzard loose subscribers.

LFR, Normal mode and even HC mode is insulting for a lot of people in my situation. We are the ones that got lost in the system.

For me to raid Mythic, I am forced to organize my own groups, and starting a decent PuG takes basically more effort then guildraiding.

We need an in-game tool, like Openraid, but better, to make it easier to do end-game PuGs possible.
    *waves hands dramatically* Mythic+ dungeons! mythic raid dificulty, with mythic raid loot, but with dungeon level time investment! problem solved!

Blizzard could enable LFR for mythic difficulty, but then they would need to take out an insurance policy against employees drowning in nerd tears.
    Last edited by Talsar; 2016-05-27 at 01:55 AM.
    Ily mmoc

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orca2425 View Post
    Given how raiding has changed, most guilds don't require long apps anymore. In most cases it will be enough to show that you want to raid.