Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    Defending a point? 3 Bastions, 2 Reinhardts, 1 mercy
    Get 2 Reinhardts for the shields
    Put Bastions behind shields
    Genji tries to reflect? Shields protect Bastions
    Snipers? Mercy will heal.
    GG
    Tracer ult?
    2 sniper shots kills Bastion before heal.
    Suprise Phara ult from behind.
    Zarya ult, throw shit at em.
    Mei ult throw shit at em.
    GG

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post
    4 junkrats and 2 Divas. Have fun.
    D.va plz

Bastion is not really a problem. Mcree and Solider 74 are problems. Mostly Mcree though. You can suck and still do really good with them, its gotten to the point where I almost think the game is unplayable currently unless you play one of them.

I enjoyed beta so much more
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    Bastion is not really a problem. Mcree and Solider 74 are problems. Mostly Mcree though. You can suck and still do really good with them, its gotten to the point where I almost think the game is unplayable currently unless you play one of them.

Fun tip, pick Genji into McCree and laugh your ass off as you just reflect his ult and kills him.

"Its hiiiigh noo- *aaarh*"
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

7+ Year Old Account
    GG
    We got a team exactly this and we stomped them with:

2 Reinhardts
    1 D.va
    2 Pharahs
    1 Lucio

Dva negated the bastion focus and in those few secs the reinhardts charged clearing the shields and the pharas aoe killed the bastions and mercy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post

Mcree has a lot of counters but you need people to stop his flanking. It's where he's strongest.
    Soldier's best way to deal with him is classes that can negate his ult, such as reinhardt, d.va, genji etc. It's a very well rounded class that feels natural to FPS players.

Both of them are strong solo characters but this is a team game and as a team they are countered really easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Fun tip, pick Genji into McCree and laugh your ass off as you just reflect his ult and kills him.

"Its hiiiigh noo- *aaarh*"
    It has nothing to do with his ult. It's his stun and his one hit head shots. Anyone with decent aim can reck.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

From what I gathered on the games I've played:

Unranked\uncoordinated teams: Bastion just picks targets as they go around the corner and creates a big advantage until the scarce chance that unorganized players manage to create an accidental team-play.

Ranked matches\premade teams: There are counters for everything. Go for it.

GG
    Yeah did that, 2 Rhardts, 2 bastions, a Mercy and a Torb on the control point, lasted long enough for the team to get nailed through a wall by a Hanzo ultimate from 20 feet away. Little bastard did a "Thank You" spray on the wall before firing in his kill cam and it showed up again in POtG.

No matter what combo you can think of someone smarter than you can dismantle it.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-05-26 at 11:36 AM.

Bastion isn't anti fun because he is fairly easy to kill. The problem is when he sit down a narrow path and ur team decides to only attack him from there or ignore him and hope he doesnt get kills

Why wouldn't he be used on some maps in high ranked games? He is exellent at taking down a tanky front line.

I don't get all the bitching about Bastion, he really isn't that hard to stop. Just learn the map and get behind him, he dies in no time.
    The current high end meta is Widow Maker. The team with the better twitch reaction WM wins. Since WM is a counter to Bastion there is no reason to bring a Bastion. If you know every team has a Rock then you don't bring Scissors to a Rock fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krysiza View Post
    Bastion isn't anti fun because he is fairly easy to kill. The problem is when he sit down a narrow path and ur team decides to only attack him from there or ignore him and hope he doesnt get kills
    The problem people have is that through their entire history of FPS gaming they have learned that strafing in zig zags while firing your guns a lot pretty much solves everything but here is the first guy that tactic doesn't work on and peoples brains break. You may have to flank, teleport, use diversions, long ranged attacks to deal with him. I think he adds more to the game than he takes away.

I was surprised that in Turret mode he could fire straight up, but next time I won't purposely stand on him to punch him to death.

I don't really like the design of bastion and would much rather have him as a mobile turret with less life. As it stands, sitting in one place and mowing people down really isn't fun. I'd imagine its even worse on the receiving end, given the number of times the inevitable play of the game is followed by angry remarks from the opposing team.

Granted I've never really had any problems taking him out, as Genji can pretty much annihilate him, and if you're lucky, have him annihilate his own team. But that's because i usually play with my friends and we co-ordinate with voice comms.

Trying to do that when you solo queue is almost always impossible because..
    1) Your teammates will run in one by one and get killed.
    2) Usually pick a hero they can't play well (Widowmaker/Hanzo and can't aim to save their lives)
    3) Won't switch characters no matter what.

So in that scenario, when you're faced with a Bastion(sometimes 2 of them) supported by Renhardt, Torbjorn and Mercy, it's pretty much GG. And judging by the massive amount of QQ on the official forums, i'll be surprised if his turret mode health or damage (or both) isn't nerfed in an upcoming patch.
    Last edited by Demoncrash; 2016-05-26 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    I don't really like the design of bastion and would much rather have him as a mobile turret with less life. As it stands, sitting in one place and mowing people down really isn't fun. I'd imagine its even worse on the receiving end, given the number of times the inevitable play of the game is followed by angry remarks from the opposing team.

Granted I've never really had any problems taking him out, as Genji can pretty much annihilate him, and if you're lucky, have him annihilate his own team. But that's because i usually play with my friends and we co-ordinate with voice comms.

Trying to do that when you solo queue is almost always impossible because..
    1) Your teammates will run in one by one and get killed.
    2) Usually pick a hero they can't play well (Widowmaker/Hanzo and can't aim to save their lives)
    3) Won't switch characters no matter what.

So in that scenario, when you're faced with a Bastion(sometimes 2 of them) supported by Renhardt, Torbjorn and Mercy, it's pretty much GG. And judging by the massive amount of QQ on the official forums, i'll be surprised if his turret mode health or damage (or both) isn't nerfed in an upcoming patch.
    If you are sitting in one place and mowing people down you are doing it wrong. You set up, kill a couple people at once then move your ass to a new location because thier death cams tell them where you are. Yeah, some teams won't do anything about you but a good player should use coms to tell everyone where you are after your first kill so the rest of the team can kill you easier. If you kill and move, kill and move you rack up kills and assure that they never see you coming. Bastion gets the most kills when the opponent is blindsided by your pure firepower.

I had a game with 3 camping bastions yesterday and so I went pharah and I farmed them left and right in the wild west town portion of 66 to the point that 2 of them switched characters.

As far as people playing characters they are not good at, how are they going to get good if they don't get to use them? If you are going to use a 'find random group button' and get a random group then you get what you asked for, random people. If you only want to play with the best start adding to your friends list when you see someone with skill or join a group.

I also tried that set up with Rhardts/turrets/mercy and it doesn't work because even a single Hanzo firing through a wall with ult at close range will ruin your strategy.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-05-26 at 12:31 PM.

Had a Numbani game where they tried a full group of turret dwarves/Bastions. I picked Pharah, stood behind Reinhardt's shield and just wrecked them one by one as we cruised along with the payload. Obviously the whole team participated but it was funny seeing how easily they were countered.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If you are sitting in one place and mowing people down you are doing it wrong. You set up, kill a couple people at once then move your ass to a new location because thier death cams tell them where you are. Yeah, some teams won't do anything about you but a good player should use coms to tell everyone where you are after your first kill so the rest of the team can kill you easier. If you kill and move, kill and move you rack up kills and assure that they never see you coming. Bastion gets the most kills when the opponent is blindsided by your pure firepower.

I had a game with 3 camping bastions yesterday and so I went pharah and I farmed them left and right in the wild west town portion of 66 to the point that 2 of them switched characters.

As far as people playing characters they are not good at, how are they going to get good if they don't get to use them? If you are going to use a 'find random group button' and get a random group then you get what you asked for, random people. If you only want to play with the best start adding to your friends list when you see someone with skill or join a group.

I also tried that set up with Rhardts/turrets/mercy and it doesn't work because even a single Hanzo firing through a wall with ult at close range will ruin your strategy.
    I'am quite well aware of positioning with Bastion. But why move when you have a steady stream of people always taking the same route to their deaths? If and when i get countered, which is 1 out of every 10 games, i immediately switch to Junkrat and start trapping and blowing people up. Like i said i don't really like playing him. But in solo queues, he does help make up for the bad players your own team.

And speaking of these bad players, they aren't going to get good by playing like retards and running to their deaths infinitely. I've tried telling them to switch to a another hero after the first 5-6 deaths or at least wait for the rest of the group before barging in but no. I doubt they even pay attention to the chat window.

Again, i don't really care about solo queues that much as i only play them when my friends aren't online and this is my observation. I also wouldn't shed any tears if Bastion gets nerfed/stays as is. I find him to be pretty one dimensional and unoriginal compared to the other heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious9876 View Post
    I have zero idea what blizzard was thinking when they implemented this champion. Yes I know he has his counters the few that exist, but trying to kill a bastion with a bunch of random people is a fucking nightmare. Trying to get everyone to group up and not run in single file only to be mowed down by his left click to win auto attack >.> And god forbid the defense team actually protects the bastion as well...have fun with that lol
    That's why you pick Genji and use E to instagib him.

My opinion has changed on Bastion. He isn't as much a thorn in my side as I previously felt. Torbjorn has though, I'm a little unsure of the distances in game but I saw a tip saying his range on the turret was 40 yards but it feels like it's a lot further than that. I know in the last few days of the open beta it was shooting at me across the map when I flew up as pharah.

10+ Year Old Account
    GG
    This is why I love bastion. As long as another player goes Reinhardt, I can just sit behind his shield and make mincemeat out of the other team. GG.

Bastion definitely is a pain, especially when supported properly.

The ridiculous amount of damage that he can output wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't coupled with insane range/accuracy. I would like to see them nerf bastion's effectiveness at long ranges a little. Other than that I think he's ok. I wouldn't say he is overpowered on the whole, he just has 1 or 2 maps with really strong choke points that he can abuse.

If your team is struggling against bastion try using Mei's ice wall to block his LoS at key moments at long range and try using a class that can physically move him as moving will break him out of sentry mode. Roadhog's pull for example. Using your ult to take out a dug in bastion is worth it. Strategic points where Bastion can dig in are rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    McCree doesn't one shot anyone in the cast.
    Stun + Right mouse click at close range = pretty much anyone dead. He is so easy to kill people with, if you get close to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Had a Numbani game where they tried a full group of turret dwarves/Bastions. I picked Pharah, stood behind Reinhardt's shield and just wrecked them one by one as we cruised along with the payload. Obviously the whole team participated but it was funny seeing how easily they were countered.
    How did that Reinhardt shield last longer than 1 second? Bastion melts those shields in split seconds if he focus them.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Stun + Right mouse click at close range = pretty much anyone dead. He is so easy to kill people with, if you get close to them.

- - - Updated - - -

How did that Reinhardt shield last longer than 1 second? Bastion melts those shields in split seconds if he focus them.
    Shield has 2k health, Bastion does ~450 DPS at point blank range, if you stand right next to bastion with shield up it will get down in at least 4 seconds, which is more than enough time to bring Bastion down as Phara
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.