Does anyone find Marvel&DC super heroes's costume silly?

First off, I am Asian(Thailand) so I was not exposed to these heroes much when I was a kid. I grew up likeing anime heroes like Goku,Kenshin,etc. However, there have been a lot of super hero movies in these past many years, so I wanted to get into it but when I watch them I can't help but to find that they all dress themselves in a very weird and silly manner like superman and captain america. That kinda put me off.

I am curious if any of you guys share similar opinion? people from US seem to like super heroes a lot. This is not supposed to be an insult toward these super heroes though. They are famous for a reason. Just asking for opinions.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-05-26 at 10:30 AM.

Yeah they're pretty circusfolky, but what can you do.

Don't waste your time on them, the power creep is ridiculous and they all overlap universes and that gets even sillier.

You have to remember that these costumes were designed for comics, where they work better in that visual medium.

When it's on the screen and there's actual people in the costumes then some work better than other. If the X-men wore what they did in the 90s then it would be....interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    You have to remember that these costumes were designed for comics, where they work better in that visual medium.

When it's on the screen and there's actual people in the costumes then some work better than other. If the X-men wore what they did in the 90s then it would be....interesting.
    Behold my neon yellow panties that I wear outside my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Behold my neon yellow panties that I wear outside my pants.
    That's the kind of thing I am getting at.

Because it's a bunch of circus freaks watching circus freaks.

most super heroes costumes does look silly but if you compare it to anything what are anime or manga heroes wearing, i woud say that they are on similar level (btw i like and watch/read both )

Deleted
    I agree completely with you.

Strange that you mention Captain America specifically since, aside from his Avengers costume with that ridiculous helmet, I've always thought that his movie costumes were pretty great.

I don't think superhero movie outfits are really that much more outlandish than something you might find in a video game. As with everything, some are better than others.