Poll: Would you play WoW if it didn't have raiding?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    Yes,I would. I enjoy 5-Man Dungeons the most .
    Same here, and 10-man raiding. Small group content is just more personal and I prefer it.

I would most probably play it way more, because imagine how interesting the game could be if all the massive ressources that go wasted on raids were put to good use. What a brilliant game that could be

Maybe for a month each expansion, but generally...no.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Er, yes and no, I would play it but I would unsub after completing all the quests and getting all the best non-raid gear (which takes no time at all these days).
    There wouldn't be any such thing as the "best non-raid gear" is what I was saying. Mythic+dungeons keep getting harder and harder, thus dropping better and better loot.

Deleted
    Yes, because the game would be so much better since blizzard wouldn't need to spend so many resources on raids.

I find it strange that you somehow say that raiding in WoD was bad OP. If you compare it to other expansions, mechanics were more complex and intense than ever before. BRF was a real masterpiece if you ask me, this is more a fact than an opinion. The only thing that was a dissapointment were the two raid tiers.

I haven't been raiding since Cata's LFR. So, yes, I would.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Nope. Organized raiding is the sole reason I play the game.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptar View Post
    I find it strange that you somehow say that raiding in WoD was bad OP.
    It wasn't that the raiding was bad, encounters were well designed and BRF/HFC were on par with some of the best raids we've had over the years. The issue was that there were only three raids over an entire expansion, and that the 20m format murdered the mythic raiding scene (2/3 of players quit) which was tolerable on high pop servers but on average/low pop ones it made for some of the worst raiding experiences in years.

WoD raiding was basically a case of: For those it was good for it was just as good as it had ever been, but for the majority of raiders it was worse.

I find it strange that you somehow say that raiding in WoD was bad OP. If you compare it to other expansions, mechanics were more complex and intense than ever before. BRF was a real masterpiece if you ask me, this is more a fact than an opinion. The only thing that was a dissapointment were the two raid tiers.
    I didn't mean the raids were bad, I meant raiding was bad. Four difficulties is unnecessary, and the people that claim to be raiders nowadays aren't what they used to be.

I also prefer guild raiding, and feel strongly that raiding should be kept to mainly a guild thing. The raiding scene now is full of LFR heroes and LFG pugs. It really kills guild raiding for me, especially when you're trying to recruit. People no longer have to commit to a guild anymore to see the content. Just my 2 cents.

Yes, because I think the removal of raiding would pave the way for everything else in the game to get so much more intimate treatment.

That being said, I'm not personally advocating for the removal of raiding or anything. I don't personally care much for raiding anymore, but during my time with it I definitely enjoyed myself a good bit.

Why do you define "good" as "complex"?

In my eyes, BRF was a horrendously boring raid tier that pretty much made me quit raiding because it was visually boring and the class design in WoD was and still is downright atrocious. No boss encounters could've saved the half-classes they dumped us with in WoD.

Deleted
    I have never raided that much but I think I can still say that raiding is an integral part of World of Warcraft. That being said, I personally would not mind that much given that there would instead then be a lot of other activities to do.

Deleted
    Not a chance. Raiding makes WoW.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I dont raid since mop.

7+ Year Old Account
    ...still near an even split!

Edging toward the Diablo realm~
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Probably not.
    WoW is raiding for me and always has been.

Blizzard is great a designing raids these days and WoD raiding was one of the best parts of the expantion so I'm not sure what you're complaining about here but ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    Just like the chess analogy, this one doesn't really pertain to the question at hand. A better question might be, "would you drive a car that didn't have a CD player?"

I'd also be curious to see what expansion people started in that answered 'no'. I'd bet money that they started during Cata or later.
    The rest of the game would be the CD player.

I said "no" and I started in Vanilla

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so. I kept on playing when I got tired of raiding for a couple of years because PVP wasn't a hack-filled disgrace like it is now. Without raiding, the game's really dull for me. I love dungeons, I love questing, I even love collecting mounts/pets and doing other silly shit to kill time in the game but all of them are sideshows, very fun and important sideshows in some cases but sideshows all the same. Raiding is the game to me at the moment.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

I probably would, just not as consistently. Would likely buy the expansions and subscribe to experience most of the content and then wait for the next big patch/expac.