Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auod View Post
    I know many players see Dalaran as the best capital city introduced in any expansion so I was wondering how y'all feel about it returning.

Are we relieved or disappointed that it's not changing much?

I, for one, am quite disappointed that it's not getting a significant update and remaining in Northrend as if nothing's changed. I'm not really sure why we'll even be using it as a capital city if it's not in proximity to the Broken Isles like SS/WS, Shat, Shrines and Dala were. I'm cautiously optimistic about Legion but this is the first aspect of it that turns me off the game.

So, because I can't see a thread about this, what are your opinions on Blizz rehashing Dala for this xpac?
    Actually, remember Theramore? Well, that same thing may be used for Legion Dalaran. If you ask me i would love not seeing Dalaran in Northrend anymore, but i dont mind. If they decided they should phase it out simply like Theramore then i`ll guess they will shoot 2 birds with 1 stone. Cheers

Well. Look at it like this. Look at expansions as a event in time. Wrath dala happened when you attacked icecrown. It happened way before legion. When you level up a new character you are going through the timezones. First you come to wrath and attack Arthas and dalaran is there to help. Then later down the line you attack the legion and dalaran "moved" from wrath to broken shores. The only reason you can still go back is because of gameplay reasons. Like if you want to do loremaster and there is no town with quests, then what ?

Its much easier for blizzard to just keep dala there than remove it and add a new hub with the same quest givers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    The really stupid thing is that you don't even understand what I'm saying

Once again: it feels weird having 2 dalarans at the same time in 2 different places in the game. That was the original point of someone. Hence I said Blizz could easily solve this problem with saying that the original Dalaran STAYS above Crystalsong, it's just getting "temporarily" copied/hologrammed over the Broken isles, because magic. Hence we can have 2 dalarans at the same time in 2 different places.
    It shouldn't. Whats the issue with it being in Northrend and the Broken shore. northrend is part of the WOTLK timeline, but for gameplay purposes they can't deny us access to NR...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhallow View Post
    Actually, remember Theramore? Well, that same thing may be used for Legion Dalaran. If you ask me i would love not seeing Dalaran in Northrend anymore, but i dont mind. If they decided they should phase it out simply like Theramore then i`ll guess they will shoot 2 birds with 1 stone. Cheers
    Why couldn't they handle the Vale like Theramore, why did they destroy it even for newcomers? Many people hate them for what they did to the Vale.

Easy way out for blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friskyrum View Post
    What do you mean "Rehashing Dalaran"? Dalaran was always built to move to other locations, it was supposed to be in SoO, but they decided against it. Think of it as a mobile fortress.

Also, Dalaran has to remain in Northrend for leveling and lore reasons..
    Yes Old dalaran is still there mages duplicate their city now oficcialy have 2 Dalaran`s

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Yes Old dalaran is still there mages duplicate their city now oficcialy have 2 Dalaran`s
    you know that each expansion is basicly frozen in time. in northrend didnt happen that much since we left. so you are travelling to the past if you take a visit in northrend. you can even defeat the lich king each week

Above poster correct ^

No, there is no need for some wacky solution. Just need to accept the fact that each expansion's zones are essentially frozen in their own time period. You can't reasonably do it any other way from a design standpoint.

Moving on...

The northrend players level through is years in the past compared to Legion. Dalaran is a mobile fortress. Hard to be a mobile fortress if you can't move.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

10+ Year Old Account
    As a practical thing it has to stay in Northrend for those who are leveling.

As an unpractical thing, I'll just go with the idea that the city is full of magicians so this is what they are doing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As a practical thing it has to stay in Northrend for those who are leveling.

As an unpractical thing, I'll just go with the idea that the city is full of magicians so this is what they are doing.
    Dalaran is quite literally a bunch of wizards did it :P

But it's not quite perfect though, Dalaran is in complete disarray, it's hilarious. Also, the gnome stuck in a wall was a nice touch too.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

This thread was started in August of last year. We've obviously learned a great deal more about Legion since then, and the assumption that this topic was started on at the time (that a new Dalaran was not going to be created in the Broken Isles, and that we would just be using it's Northrend hub version and location) is now known to be totally false. Closing.