Warcraft,the WoW killer

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    "I saw the movie"

Haven't heard that one before.

For that matter, I haven't read a single review, I pre-judged it based on the Trailers, & based on the Trailers, it looks like predictable 3rd rate Fantasy tropes tripe. As of last night, my expectations were confirmed from people I actually trust to be objective.

But hey, "you saw the movie."
    The movie is out in several places, so it's not hard to believe a bunch of people here have seen it. Discussing a topic you're keeping yourself ignorant about with people who haven't and thinking your arguments hold any water isn't very smart.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well.. Here comes the biggest and most expensive advertisement för the warcraft franchise ever! Aaaand it flops... Guess they will not bring that many players to the game of WoW that they hoped for.

I will not be one of those that says that WoW is dead, but it is an old game they try to refresh over and over. I think the luck went out this time and it is time for blizz to focus on new things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    '

Down to 40 now. Another rotten is in. I don't think it will cross 50% and likely stay rotten..
    True, but the part of that new rotten review they quoted makes it look dumb, I mean:
    "While there's something admirable in Jones's steadfast adherence to naff fantasy tropes, it makes no concession to fans of realism."

Oh really? There's no realism in a fantasy movie? Who would have thought!

I also read the whole review, it's more a poke at the game than an actual review, I mean check this part out:
    "If you take delight in names like "Orgrim Doomhammer" and have a high tolerance for randomly scattered apostrophes and superfluous "h"’s, it could be your film of the summer. If not, you should avoid it at all costs."

Overall, I am starting to think some of these critics see "game movie" and think it automatically sucks. Again, I said, I don't expect it to be amazing, but I don't think it's that bad as they make it out based on apostrophes and the fact that there's no realism with magic.

From what i have heard its a good movie but not a great movie. If your a warcraft fan you should enjoy this movie. If your not a warcraft fan but a fantasy fan you should enjoy this movie. If your neither you prolly wont like this movie.

All of this means nothing.
    If you look all over youtube etc. You here different things. I think the best thing i have heard to describe the ratings so far is:

critics compare it to many movies. Witch it has nothing to do with. It wants it to be something it will never be, should never be. They want it to be GoT etc. its not.

Most people ( fans and youtubers) seem to like it.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seems like this is exactly the kind of movie the critics will have a field day with because it's basically a Hall-pass in that regard, while people who see it will have largely different opinions. I remember how critics thrashed the first Boondock Saints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Or given IMDB ratings, vote it up based on hype regardless of movie quality & flaws
    ^^

That's the name of the game! There are many films rated more highly on imdb than they have any right to be for that very reason. Even those giving legitimate (and fair) star ratings or those voting zero or whatever can't counteract they hype 9's and 10's.

Well, I don't believe that the movie will be an apocalypse but, isn't it normal that a game movie don't appear much on other audience except from the fans?
    I mean, you either make a movie that is watchable to the majority of the viewers and hardcore fans are not very pleased or the other way around. It all depends on who you plan to please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Ok, you are just stupid. But keep bashing a movie you didn't even saw. Makes you look really smart.

Start reviewing the thousands of books you didn't read, and the hundreds of play you never watched. Should be really interesting too.
    Isn't that how the Internet works? Someone claims to have done something they haven't, & etc?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The movie is out in several places, so it's not hard to believe a bunch of people here have seen it. Discussing a topic you're keeping yourself ignorant about with people who haven't and thinking your arguments hold any water isn't very smart.
    Yeah, but Internet Logic dictates most people who claim something are just trying support their own arguments, so yeah......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Uhhh ohhh...this isn't sounding good. Like I was hoping for it being like a 7/10 but when your comparing something to Battlefield Earth you basically need to worry.
    I think you need to worry how believable the review is, when it compares it to Battlefield Earth.
    I read a review in my language that compared it to Uwe Boll. I didn't have enough salt to take it with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heldamon View Post
    Well, I don't believe that the movie will be an apocalypse but, isn't it normal that a game movie don't appear much on other audience except from the fans?
    I mean, you either make a movie that is watchable to the majority of the viewers and hardcore fans are not very pleased or the other way around. It all depends on who you plan to please.
    Says who? Video Game Movie History? The countless epic fail adaptations Hollywood has vomited out because "why bother doing it well?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Hearing it compared to the dumb fun of Krull is probably the best I hoped for. If it's really that brand of schlock I may even see it.
    Hell yeah! Krull is great. I'm a big fan of 80's fantasy movies overall. I love the LoTR films, but they struck lightning with that series, and made something really special which may never be repeated. The Hobbit tried and failed, despite sharing the director and some of the cast.

Deleted
    A "I'll go and see it...if a friend is paying!" situation.

Anything below 70% is usually one of those.

Deleted
    Just read a couple of reviews in danish newspapers.

"The actors deserve praise for being able to recite the retarded lines without going to laugh ..."

"Here is one of the WORST movies to date"

"'Warcraft' is fantasy for Neanderthals. An insulting poor movie based on a video game".

"But oh no. 'Warcraft' is a regular remedy - a kind of fantasy for Neanderthal, with both thin and nonsensical story about the battle between orcs and humans played by a group of helpless actors from b-chain in some scenery and costumes that are almost incomprehensible rings made, and in between looks like something that is created in papier-mache instead of advanced CGI and motion capture".

Woaw!!!!

Deleted
    So I got flamed for not having actually seen the movie yet.

As such, I have to ask; are these SPOILERS accurate? http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post39995540

If so, I stand by my opinion - moronic, half-assed adaptation. GG Hollywood.

Deleted

As such, I have to ask; are these SPOILERS accurate? http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post39995540

Fake

saw it today/yesterday midnight preview in germany

Edit: Some Points kinda true, but explained very strange.
    Last edited by mmoc15e8c1cd29; 2016-05-26 at 12:40 PM.

Deleted
    The most horrible way to check for movies is rotten tomatoes. It's explicitly denying their users to vote, it forces them to be followers of others, others that went out of their way to title their own self an expert of what others like in art which is by definition a flawed process. If you actually want to check for good movies go to a site that actually lets the people vote like metacritic or imdb, because then you will know if you are going to like it most likely, not someone trying very hard to sound an expert, because when someone tries hard to sound an expert he will usually be extremely lenient to very bad movies that sound original and extremely hard to movies that are just fun.

You sound pitiful. Then again, you claim that Orcs were super powerful even though Orcs were beaten back in most encounters. Their victories only came from numbers. Perhaps they should have taken the que fro LOTR and made Orcs wimpy just so that you were happy? Perhaps they should have made a movie where no one has any clue who or what Orcs are or where they come from. No one knows if there are people or land beyond SW. Ofcourse we will call it Azeroth as it was back on those days. Ofcourse we must remember than both Horde and Human win in original game so we need to do that too! Since no backstory was added for Khadgar and Medivh, lets not bother with it. Just add Kharazan and campaign to kill bad wizard Medivh.

How am I doing so far?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Even though I'm somewhat critical towards the movie: There is still something else besides extremes. Especially the negative reviews: Those are complete exaggerations of critics who just went in there to bash the movie.
    Hence why many people would rate it about 6-8/10. The movie wasn't the next coming of Jesus but it wasn't The Last Airbender either.

(I rated it about 7/10 because I am a petty lore fan and didn't like the huge changes. Yes, you may dismiss my opinion now completly. We all know how the internet works. )

Pretty close. I saw the movie yesterday and this is pretty much the summary of the plot. Do not read if you don't want to get spoilered.

Quote Originally Posted by mumufu View Post
    Fake
    Not sure what you are talking about. It is pretty much what happens in the movie. Not very well written but it "is" what happens.
    Last edited by mmoc8d59f12786; 2016-05-26 at 12:49 PM.