Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Altoholics think everything Blizzard does is all about extracting that sweet boost money from their wallets.

Meanwhile I know I don't really NEED a 14th level 100, but I could use the extra xmog space for the next couple months, so I'm off questing through content I've done many times before. It's really not as bad as people make it sound. You're not being squeezed.

Glad i have every character i wanted at 100 already so this won't impact me at all,besides I really can't justify levelling yet another alt out of sheer boredom just for something to do as "content".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It's NOT SUPPOSED to be difficult or any challenging, it is LEVELING, not content acquisition like max lvl stuff. Leveling was supposed to be easy, WoD easy. Vets are sikh and tired of having to waste time on something they have already done 30 times.
    It was never supposed to be easy.

Secondly, this is for all the new people who get turned off by how easy and boring it is. There was a lot of complaints that dungeons were just running simulators and made no sense to new players.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

This is a start, because dungeons were just ridiculous when compared to questing. But leveling has been long overdue for a major overhaul and this won't really fix any of the underlying issues.

I'd just propose this:
    all pre-Legion zones scale up (not down) to level 100
    The current design is just broken. Without rested XP, without gathering professions, without heirlooms, without a random BG/dungeon, without RAF and without XP potions you might actually finish a zone. Some of these XP boosts are so strong that you might finish a single questing hub in a zone before you're ready for the next one. Heirlooms and XP elixirs were enough for me to level an alt from 61 to almost 70 just in Zangarmarsh for instance. That essentially means that I can't really level that character in BC anymore without taking huge XP cuts.
    Having to freedom to essentially level wherever you want would be a huge quality of life change. Someone that loves the BC zones would be able to level there from 60 to potentially 100. Someone that hates it can stay in EK/Kalimdor. If that same person also hates WotLK, Cata, MoP and WoD zones, he just might be able to level from 1 to 100 just from doing the current 1-60 zones.

dungeon quests are put back out in the world
    I consider these to be incentives and bonuses for people that quest. It should make for a more logical questing experience. Right now quests typically build up towards a dungeon. If you want to continue the story you queue for a random and hope you get the right one, or you queue for a specific one and you miss out on the bonus XP/loot that you'd get from queueing for a random one. This would mean that someone with full dungeon quests is going to receive significantly more XP for a finished dungeon (only once though) than a player that queued for it randomly without quests.

all level appropriate flightpaths are unlocked automatically
    "Hero's Call: Western Plaguelands" You'd better hope you did earlier EK zones or you're gonna be in a world of pain. If you come from Kalimdor you basically have two options: Travel by foot all the way down to Booty Bay (if that's even possible with the terrain between north and south STV) and take the quest to teleport you there. Or you travel by foot through Dun Murogh, Loch Modan, Wetlands and Arathi Highlands. Excellent game design.

the 5-tap rule from Legion is retro-active for all content
    I don't know if this is coming or not, but it should. Having to race other players to the kill of a named quest mob is just terrible. Having to manually group up to be able to share the tap is pointless and archaic. What's the point if you're just gonna disband the group afterwards? It's even gonna be messy if either side is already in a group, or is in a queue. Getting random group invites pop up is also something that just annoys me.

And at some point questing itself could do with a major overhaul. There are still a lot of quests left that just pointlessly send you back and forth between a questgiver and the quest area. Those could all just be converted into a scenario style quest with different stages. Then there's the laundry list of quests that are completely broken or that are just so bad that you can't look at it. Something like "Two if by boat" just has no place in what's supposed to be one of the best MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Damage no, but boosting leveling XP makes you go though content faster and skip lots of it.

It went too far with WOD in terms of XP benefit, seriously. Why even bother with levels at that point. And that comes from somebody who did 2 RAF with several alts so I could boost my monk to level 80 on MOP's launch day.

Questing is the main game of the majority of people who play WOW and should be the best experience as this is the place were most people give up.. making it faster doesn't necessary make it better. Now you have the option to boost your character, so why even bother with offering a sub-par leveling experience if you can just skip it. Yes it costs money, but that could be fixed with a token for services.
    Exactly, why bother hampering leveling when you just going to continue to sell boosts and RAF, buff items that are part of the original problem.Its a problem, unless your willing to pay lots of $$$, the were fine with it I guess.

An sure leveling is the key driving force when its relevant or recent enough, but not a story thats 6,8, and 10 years old. The story, the arcs have long since been finished. Long since done by the majority of the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    It was never supposed to be easy.

Secondly, this is for all the new people who get turned off by how easy and boring it is. There was a lot of complaints that dungeons were just running simulators and made no sense to new players.
    Leveling has always been easy, yes even back in Vanilla. the only thing that made it hard was a poor questing structure and classes that were broken.

Buffing mobs and nerfing players wont change how easy and boring it is to level because no matter what you do, Jane will always be to damn lazy to walk 3 feet to turn in a letter.

Feels like another "let's fix what isn't broken"

My solutions to make leveling, even more so, questing, relevant:
    - zone scaling to your level akin to what's coming in Legion (then Northrend can as far as I'm concerned fuck off)
    - automatically learn flight paths

Tadaa, you are now free to choose where to level and you aren't bound by geographical limitations either

When I level, why do I prefer dungeons over questing? (I do try to quest, to kill the downtime between queues)
    - I've done the quests many many times before
    - lots of travelling time if I choose to quest, especially 1-20, 20-40 and no flying
    - I just happen to enjoy dungeons (not all, Halls of Stone can go fuck itself)

To fix TBC/Northrend leveling should have been prioritised before these pre-40 changes, to be fucking honest.
    I personally enjoy TBC, but I know many don't. I HATE HATE HATE Northrend. Can't stand it. Everything before it is fine, everything following - yeh, it's doable (Hyjal notwithstanding), which brings me to my next point

Dungeons are dynamic - you never know who you'll get grouped with. Questing on the other hand? It's always the same, like having spaghetti for dinner every day.
    With questing, they keep on going down the same path I just can't fathom - forced questing. Think Hyjal, Pandaria, WoD Tanaan intro - you can't get away from it. And after the 10th time, you dread having to go through the experience yet again. And with Legion - yet again, we have (appearntly) to do the same intro on all our characters

Why do we accept forced questing?

Lastly, making leveling take longer makes no sense in an end-game centric world.

Monk/druid are the only classes I don't have at 100. By making the leveling take even longer... well, I can live without.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    But I would suggest not claiming or implying everyone has the same opinion as you.
    "It really is no wonder why so many people hate Blizzard."

I never implied that everyobdy feels the same way I do. If you're trying to nitpick words, at least do it right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    all pre-Legion zones scale up (not down) to level 100
    The current design is just broken. Without rested XP, without gathering professions, without heirlooms, without a random BG/dungeon, without RAF and without XP potions you might actually finish a zone. Some of these XP boosts are so strong that you might finish a single questing hub in a zone before you're ready for the next one. Heirlooms and XP elixirs were enough for me to level an alt from 61 to almost 70 just in Zangarmarsh for instance. That essentially means that I can't really level that character in BC anymore without taking huge XP cuts.
    Having to freedom to essentially level wherever you want would be a huge quality of life change. Someone that loves the BC zones would be able to level there from 60 to potentially 100. Someone that hates it can stay in EK/Kalimdor. If that same person also hates WotLK, Cata, MoP and WoD zones, he just might be able to level from 1 to 100 just from doing the current 1-60 zones.
    The biggest issue with this is that max lvl characters will no longer be able to rampage their way through low lvl zones one-shotting everything left and right, which is a right a lvl 100 has earned. That issue alone makes this feature worth of being vetoed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    The biggest issue with this is that max lvl characters will no longer be able to rampage their way through low lvl zones one-shotting everything left and right, which is a right a lvl 100 has earned. That issue alone makes this feature worth of being vetoed.
    But in Legion it's going to be the same as a level 100 running around in max level Pandaria areas (Vale, Timeless Isle, etc). They'll still faceroll everything.

Scaling system is a bad idea
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Hey. This nerf was actually needed. Cuz I haven't seen Zul'Farrak for ages.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Thing is, for me, after doing quests 10.000 times, it aint any fun anymore, so I go and do dungeons. Now that option is less appealing if not gone, so what is left? 60 dollar boost! Clever blizzard.

What they should do is make leveling more FUN!
    But how is dungeon spamming fun? They're both as dreadful as each other right now.

That's so fricking stupid -- it seems they don't need tanks and heals, because no way in hell I'm gonna level them in the world. The dungeon XP should be buffed, not nerfed.

And slowing down levelling is just a abhorrent trick to sell more $60 boosts.

Blizzard needs to investigate that sabotage that the recent trend of changes was, and fire the culprits.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Hey. This nerf was actually needed. Cuz I haven't seen Zul'Farrak for ages.
    Well it's still in the same spot it's been in since Vanilla. Feel free to drop in at any time!

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    But how is dungeon spamming fun? They're both as dreadful as each other right now.
    But it is rewarding, and quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Well it's still in the same spot it's been in since Vanilla. Feel free to drop in at any time!
    I mean recently, when I was leveling several characters, including Mage, Warrior and Priest, exp was gained so fast, that I skipped several dungeons, including Shadowfang Keep and Zul'Farrak.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Hello all. I'm new here, tho I've been reading mmo-c for a long time now. I decided to make account today coz of what I've seen in this thread.
    I can't believe so many of you actually praise this change. No offence, but are you out of your mind?
    Let me expand on that, coz I just can't belive that you would actually want questing & overall leveling to be LONGER than it already is.

Through the course of my WoW career I had the... "pleasure" of leveling multiple alts. I did level with quests, I did level with dungeons. And I sincerely HATE LEVELING if it is NOT the latest expansion lvlin. Well, ok, I maybe lied, doing the WoD questlines for 10th time and watching my eyes bleed dry did almost kill me several times IRL.
    And yet, some of you claim, that THIS change is a GOOD change? Let me ask you again, are you out of your MIND!? You want to make my (veterans) leveling to take LONGER (coz this change that they did... it actually doesn't fix anything, but only make it take LONGER) just for me to get to the high lvl when I can finally enter the new expansions zones TO DO next LEVELING for Xth time ? And some of you even claim this is for FUN? How dellusional some of you are?

I can completely understand that leveling experience (especially quests) can be alittle overwhelming for new players or smth. So why not make the quests and dungeons give like 1/3 of today's XP for the first character on the account, and then after u reach the MAX lvl with one character make this "exp penalty" disappear?
    Blizzard just punishes alt leveling <which is sometimes forced i.e. retarded tweaking/garrison farming just to keep up with the less casual player-base and inflation> and I cannot possibly comprehend what is their thinking process behind this change.
    What is even worse, they said more is to come.
    God save us, who want to have more than 1 character levelled from 1-100 without token.

edit: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I mean recently, when I was leveling several characters, including Mage, Warrior and Priest, exp was gained so fast, that I skipped several dungeons, including Shadowfang Keep and Zul'Farrak.
    Unless you've never done those dungeons before, I fail to see how this is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    But it is rewarding, and quicker.
    They're rewarding but they're certainly not fun.