Page 38 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Tbf TI gear outranked SOO LFR gear as well. Upgraded it did at least at 535 whereas LFR was 528
    SOO played into the scheme of other rewards (pets, transmog) and tier, too, while Timeless Isle wasn't nearly the windfall of gear Tanaan is. (Both outdoor sources plagued by RNG stats)

That is definitely fair, though.
    Last edited by OreoLover; 2016-05-26 at 11:52 AM.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

With the new loot model in PvP, this is a good change but shouldn't have been changed in the first place anyway.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Curdi View Post
    40 pages and no one even knows if it's actually going to happen. I wish we got this kind of discussion from every single datamined thing.
    It isn't just data minded, I talked about it in a few threads already.

If you go into the beta (I can) it shows the LFR rewards and tier is back.

This is me in the beta.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I hope they do make LFR a tiny bit more difficult for Legion. As in no more 5 guys carrying 20 AFKers and still 1 shot everything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    snip
    "WTB (herb x3) 2000 gold" I have been hoping these prices make it to live, and skyrocket to reward gatherers/craftspeople, as well as move those vast gold hoards around.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    But does LFR have good models again? Or is it generic crap like in WoD?
    Hey speak for yourself. LFR HFC had the best plate set we've seen in years, I farmed the lot for xmog

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Blizzard says so, that is the ultimate law.
    This was why they were dropping raid gear in Garrison, amirite?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Let's hope it's back to MoP difficulty in Legion then. But for sure atm it is painfully easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    WoD rewards were fairly bad, actually. It was not right having Tanaan gear outrank it, and PVP gear completely nullify it.

I like that the talents are closer to "actual choices," but that better not be a huge issue. I can stomach being inefficient, not being ineffective.

EDIT: From my earlier post (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18719274999) "This is the way all of LFR should be. However I will say that the rewards...... SUCK."
    ...and above "I don't think Archimonde LFR was nerfed because people whined. I think he was nerfed because almost no one was queuing for him. The reward sucked utterly, so the difficulty was reduced to match."
    Perhaps the "catch up" gear got a little out of hand in WoD, yes. The system with LFR having it's own set worked well in my opinion.

Talents are not being redesigned this late in the beta. Not every singel talent, for every class. You either do all AOE or you don't at all.
    This is going to be a huge issue unless they nerf all content, and I mean nerf it a lot.
    It'll still be a hunge issue of course as it's super boring to be stuck with a spec that is worthless for the fight you're in but if it's really easy at least hafl the raid can AFK while the people that took the right talents can do the work.

ITT: Why do you care if an LFR Hero has tier, you elitist?

I really don't think anyone gives two shits about what gear other people are getting. It's that LFR is now mandatory for alts later into each tier to finish sets, which is absolute garbage. It's like making LFR drop legendary quest items in MoP/WoD. You're forcing people who do not want to do LFR into LFR.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Perhaps the "catch up" gear got a little out of hand in WoD, yes. The system with LFR having it's own set worked well in my opinion.

Talents are not being redesigned this late in the beta. Not every singel talent, for every class. You either do all AOE or you don't at all.
    This is going to be a huge issue unless they nerf all content, and I mean nerf it a lot.
    It'll still be a hunge issue of course as it's super boring to be stuck with a spec that is worthless for the fight you're in but if it's really easy at least hafl the raid can AFK while the people that took the right talents can do the work.
    As far as LFR, I think they might have a reason to give into turning the restriction off.

You can easily hearth out/teleport out for a minute, be in ZZZ territory, change and re-enter the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post

I really don't think anyone gives two shits about what gear other people are getting. It's that LFR is now mandatory for alts later into each tier to finish sets, which is absolute garbage. It's like making LFR drop legendary quest items in MoP/WoD. You're forcing people who do not want to do LFR into LFR.
    Nothing is forced you can get the same(legendary shit) or better items (Tier) in other modes.

The only one who forces anything is you and blizzard can't base there reward system around people who can't control themselves.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushu View Post
    Why do you need upgrades/tier if you're raiding lfr?

The mini set thing just now is a much better idea or how about just remove it already? It's literally just another pointless difficulty.
    'Because I want it."

It's clear that optimizing the alt experience is not high on Legion's list of design goals.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Magruun View Post
    I hope they do make LFR a tiny bit more difficult for Legion. As in no more 5 guys carrying 20 AFKers and still 1 shot everything.
    Do your have a video of people 5-manning LFR content, that sounds more interesting than the "naked" run.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushu View Post
    Why do you need upgrades/tier if you're raiding lfr?

The mini set thing just now is a much better idea or how about just remove it already? It's literally just another pointless difficulty.
    The internal stats must show that it didn't work well in WoD. LFR participation is likely way down, and the rate at which people step up from LFR to Normal may also have been disappointing. At this late stage, the lack of Normal+ tier gear is a barrier to people trying to break into HFC without being pity carried.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    There is no law, of nature or otherwise, requiring this to be the case.
    Only the worst plebs have long term fun with rewards without doing anything. Even cheaters just go that route because they are able to set themselves apart by doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Something first must be achieved for a reward to be awarded.
    achievement
    lfr
    pick one.
    Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    I think *most* of them would fit into something like that. It could basically be MoP LFR, with Flex system and a watchdog-kicking-function?
    It would be nice if that could work but still the problem is I am absolutely certain that any functionality like that would remove the players from lfr Blizzard wants in lfr.

Nothing is forced you can get the same(legendary shit) or better items (Tier) in other modes.

The only one who forces anything is you and blizzard can't base there reward system around people who can't control themselves.
    No is going to take your shit alts into Heroic/Mythic to get the ring when you can get it in LFR. Likewise, if you can get tier in LFR it's going to be expected that your character has at least 4pc before you attempt to do any sort of real content. This clearly isn't going to be a problem for players like you, but for people who want to actually play their alts in challenging content, it's draining and boring to have to do content that is as mindless as LFR has been thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I don't understand why poeple think Tier gear in LFR is good, it trivializes dungeons etc
    Oh please. LFR in general trivializes dungeons. Hell, Tanaan loot trivialized dungeons. Dungeons were utterly pointless to do once you got an itemlevel above 630 until Valor made a return.

No is going to take your shit alts into Heroic/Mythic to get the ring when you can get it in LFR. Likewise, if you can get tier in LFR it's going to be expected that your character has at least 4pc before you attempt to do any sort of real content. This clearly isn't going to be a problem for players like you, but for people who want to actually play their alts in challenging content, it's draining and boring to have to do content that is as mindless as LFR has been thus far.
    Find a new guild if they are focing you to do content you don't want to do.

Blizzard can't base the games reward system around the 0.1% anymore sorry. Why do you think come Legion I can collect boar asses for a legendary.

Yet that's where you are wrong. People are forced into raiding to do the legendary questline.

Thanks try again.