Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Dude its a spoiler,

If I hadn't just watched the episode I'd of been fucking annoyed as well, we have a TV thread and a GoT mega thread,

You posted this in general off topic, I came here expecting to read about you having to step down from an argument when your in the right or something. Its bang out of order.

Now as to actually why its a spoiler,

First, its a door with hodor on it.

This clearly shows theres a relation between hodor and a door.
    Next, lil more hidden, but its an elevator, but thre are people who can work out "hold the door" from that.
    Next one, not so much your fault, but every tom dick and harry is posting Hold the door hodor or some shit, which makes it even more obvious

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I saw that connection in the episode, within a split second I knew what was coming.

If you post anything, about any GoT, Walking dead, Doctor who ANY show barely even a day after its aired (and iirc us in the UK don't get it on sky until the following day) your a douche / douche bag move. We want to sit down and watch the show without having a single inclination of whats going to happen, even just seeing hodor name pop up in a post, lets people know something big is going to happen, and when its something big in got, we all know its not good news.

So yes you are in the wrong completely, if your argumenative friend wants to keep arguing, let him argue, all you need to do is re emphise your sorry and you were stupid enough to assume you all watched it.

Hell, my chat with my lad mates resolves around got, and even we ask has everyone seen it before posting ANYTHING

10+ Year Old Account
    You are not in the wrong. If you're friend cared enough about the show to worry about spoilers then he/she should have watched it by now. If they are sooooooo worried about spoilers then too bad. The world won't stop for you to catch up. Everyone's going to talk about something as epic as that moment.

And what you posted wasn't even a spoiler. "Hodor was removed" You didn't even say he died. And if you did that doesn't spoil anything in a show where main characters die left and right in the worst ways imaginable. And we don't even see him die so he might have survived.

And if me typing this triggers someone, too bad. They killed Arya too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Dude its a spoiler,

If I hadn't just watched the episode I'd of been fucking annoyed as well, we have a TV thread and a GoT mega thread,

You posted this in general off topic, I came here expecting to read about you having to step down from an argument when your in the right or something. Its bang out of order.

Next, lil more hidden, but its an elevator, but thre are people who can work out "hold the door" from that.
    Next one, not so much your fault, but every tom dick and harry is posting Hold the door hodor or some shit, which makes it even more obvious

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I saw that connection in the episode, within a split second I knew what was coming.

If you post anything, about any GoT, Walking dead, Doctor who ANY show barely even a day after its aired (and iirc us in the UK don't get it on sky until the following day) your a douche / douche bag move. We want to sit down and watch the show without having a single inclination of whats going to happen, even just seeing hodor name pop up in a post, lets people know something big is going to happen, and when its something big in got, we all know its not good news.

So yes you are in the wrong completely, if your argumenative friend wants to keep arguing, let him argue, all you need to do is re emphise your sorry and you were stupid enough to assume you all watched it.

Hell, my chat with my lad mates resolves around got, and even we ask has everyone seen it before posting ANYTHING
    I did put a BIG RED spoiler warning here and even blocked the text and you have to look at the picture quite carefully to see anything relevant so shut it. Look, he typed "ty for spoil" so it is pretty damn normal to assume he knows about the thing after that picture? The guy that posted the pic and the argumentative friend were on voice com so it was very likely they talked about it. I didn't randomly bring up a spoiler. This is the thing he, and you as well apparently, doesn't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    I did put a BIG RED spoiler warning here and even blocked the text and you have to look at the picture quite carefully to see anything relevant so shut it. Look, he typed "ty for spoil" so it is pretty damn normal to assume he knows about the thing after that picture? The guy that posted the pic and the argumentative friend were on voice com so it was very likely they talked about it. I didn't randomly bring up a spoiler. This is the thing he, and you as well apparently, doesn't understand.
    Right here we go *clicks typing fingers*

spoiler warning here and even blocked the text and you have to look at the picture quite carefully to see anything relevant
    Have you opened your own post, its a bigger picture than your big red writing and it draws a read into that first, and I re point out, your still in completely the wrong section,

You could have avoided all this by saying something along the lines of;

(Big red writing as you like it so much): Possible got spoiler, maybe more inc (cause you know, you always get those types of posters)

A image was posted in slight reference to game of thrones, anyone whos watched the latest episode knows where this is going. Basically I made an assumption, I fucked up, heres what happened - without saying the characters involved or any kind of external reference to it.

he typed "ty for spoil" so it is pretty damn normal to assume he knows about the thing after that picture?
    Just to clear the one thing up, I think the person who posted the image is just in the wrong as you are, even more so as he initiated it. But you did continue it to the next level.

As to the above quote is where your mistake it To assume, don't assume shit. As I said earlier I think its pretty dammed obv what was going to happen and my friend was in the same boat, he saw jokes about that particular bit before the conclussion, knew something was going to happen, but he'd of skinned us alive if we said in chat what you said - at the point he was bitching about these jokes we weren't sure if he had seen it, so we didn't make that assumption.

The guy that posted the pic and the argumentative friend were on voice com so it was very likely they talked about it
    There you go assuming again,

I didn't randomly bring up a spoiler.
    But you did, granted its clearly not intentional, regardless in my opinion you repeated it here with that picture, but intentional or not, big or little (dependent on how much thought someone puts in to it) it is a spoiler at the end of the day. So yes I understand, and I think I understand it a little more than you do.

What your main issue is, your only looking at this one from point of view, your point of view, and if anyone, like myself disagrees with you, your going off on one and will probably turn more abusive . I have the habit of looking at anything I post in, from two peoples side, neutrally. Yes I called it a douchebag move and stupid, which it is.

But back to the main focus of the topic, honestly, you could of made this entire thread of numerous different examples, instead you came in with a minor / major picture spoiler and used that as a sole example, then gone off to talk about why you should back down. How are we supposed to give any critacism or advice or suggestions, purely based on what you've posted so far? Give us something more general, not a silly argument that's already probably blown over

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    Bolded: obviously it was sarcasm, meaning your friend spoiled it for him. And then your statement - final nail in the coffin regarding the spoiler.

I'm not sure how you weren't able to discern that it was sarcasm, are you legitimately trying to say that you sincerely thought your friend was thanking you for posting a spoiler?

thats not much of a spoiler, its a simple origin of how Hodor got his name.. now if they spoiled something major like Oberyn dies in the 8th episode of Season 4. then you'd be pissed because the shock value is gone.

Right here we go *clicks typing fingers*

Have you opened your own post, its a bigger picture than your big red writing and it draws a read into that first, and I re point out, your still in completely the wrong section,

You could have avoided all this by saying something along the lines of;

(Big red writing as you like it so much): Possible got spoiler, maybe more inc (cause you know, you always get those types of posters)

A image was posted in slight reference to game of thrones, anyone whos watched the latest episode knows where this is going. Basically I made an assumption, I fucked up, heres what happened - without saying the characters involved or any kind of external reference to it.

Just to clear the one thing up, I think the person who posted the image is just in the wrong as you are, even more so as he initiated it. But you did continue it to the next level.

As to the above quote is where your mistake it To assume, don't assume shit. As I said earlier I think its pretty dammed obv what was going to happen and my friend was in the same boat, he saw jokes about that particular bit before the conclussion, knew something was going to happen, but he'd of skinned us alive if we said in chat what you said - at the point he was bitching about these jokes we weren't sure if he had seen it, so we didn't make that assumption.

There you go assuming again,

But you did, granted its clearly not intentional, regardless in my opinion you repeated it here with that picture, but intentional or not, big or little (dependent on how much thought someone puts in to it) it is a spoiler at the end of the day. So yes I understand, and I think I understand it a little more than you do.

What your main issue is, your only looking at this one from point of view, your point of view, and if anyone, like myself disagrees with you, your going off on one and will probably turn more abusive . I have the habit of looking at anything I post in, from two peoples side, neutrally. Yes I called it a douchebag move and stupid, which it is.

But back to the main focus of the topic, honestly, you could of made this entire thread of numerous different examples, instead you came in with a minor / major picture spoiler and used that as a sole example, then gone off to talk about why you should back down. How are we supposed to give any critacism or advice or suggestions, purely based on what you've posted so far? Give us something more general, not a silly argument that's already probably blown over
    The picture requires some scrutinizing if you want to extract any information about it and if you don't even realise there is a big red text there for some reason it's not really my fault. It's like being surprised that smoking gives you problem even though it literally says "smoking kills" on hte front of the package.

Why is this in the wrong section? It's not about the episode.

It was a pretty well grounded assumption. "if it looks like a dog and barks like a dog; it's probably a dog" and I did, as I've said already, apologize and just told him why I thought he knew but then he continued saying it was idiotic and retarded to even assume that which is nuts!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Bolded: obviously it was sarcasm, meaning your friend spoiled it for him. And then your statement - final nail in the coffin regarding the spoiler.

I'm not sure how you weren't able to discern that it was sarcasm, are you legitimately trying to say that you sincerely thought your friend was thanking you for posting a spoiler?
    You acknowledge that he didn't type that to me and then you think I believe that it was aimed at me and that I may have taken it sincerely? What?

The point of that part is that it's well grounded to believe he know what is going on when he even types "ty for spoil" (in a sarcastic way ofcourse...)
    Last edited by mittacc; 2016-05-25 at 07:36 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the spoilers asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Thanks for the spoilers asshole.
    I'm sorry. I assumed that people here were able to read, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    So what exactly is the spoiler again?
    Some completely irrelevant, annoying, very small character was killed off on a show that has mid to major characters killed off every episode. It's really a non-issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Some completely irrelevant, annoying, very small character was killed off on a show that has mid to major characters killed off every episode. It's really a non-issue.
    I always thought that Hodor was a rather large character, what with being 7 foot tall

Deleted
    I'm confused why you assumed your friend had worked out Hodor had died, from a spoiler image clearly about the origins of his name, with no clues that I can see that he died.

But sounds like he did react a touch extremely.

Eh more obvious than that, the button next to the Hodor photo literally says 'Hold the Door' on it...
    Last edited by mmoc226e277b55; 2016-05-26 at 12:36 PM.