Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Television? That's something I haven't watched in a loooong time.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    The average gamer is in their 30s now so I'm not sure why you think adults aren't going to take video games seriously.
    OP also seems to believe that adults are the only ones watching TV, let alone sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Curdi View Post
    Depends on the definition of gamer. Playing angry birds for 20 minutes during commute vs. spending 13 hours a day playing competitive Starcraft.
    I think the majority of gamers, including the 35 year old demographic, is somwhere between those two.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I like to watch them as they air and in 1080p... on my big ass TV.
    the links are in HD and if you get a HDMI cable you can connect your computer to your TV! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Why would you pay for TV in 2016 when you can watch any show online for free without any commercials?
    I guess you don't know what sports are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    I guess you don't know what sports are.
    I guess you don't know what websites that stream sport events are.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    I guess you don't know what websites that stream sport events are.
    Name one that can stream it at 1080p without any buffering issues and is free or at least lesser then 8, 9e which I pay my cable?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    When I watch cable, mostly sports, I like to fucking enjoy myself different. Despite liking video games, I believe at heart they're really for kids or teenagers. So it's no surprise that being bombarded by advertisements for Overwatch or to a lesser extent, Uncharted 4 between almost every break royally annoys my ass. Over and over again, seeing the same kiddy ads to where I can remember Tracer saying "don't worry loves" before she even says it because I recognize the commercial that fucking much. Seriously, before it was a mild nuisance when (interestingly) Naughty Dog was shitting up my tv with that Last of Us crap before Uncharted.

I understand the point of marketing like this in a way, but c'mon, no adults are gonna take video games seriously or think it's hip so keep it away from TV.
    Rofl. You serious?

15+ Year Old Account
    Most seem to be in 720 HD. I know some come in 1080, but I have to watch it as 1080, else the quailty bothers me. Most of these websites having buffering when it comes to that format (1080).

Anyways, I already have an HDMI cable for the cable on my TV and I only use my Desktop for gaming and Photoshop. I use my iPad for everything else.
    Sports enthusiasts like to watch their games live, without issues.
    Fair enough

Deleted
    Despite liking video games, I believe at heart they're really for kids or teenagers.
    I don't think so - and no, it doesn't bother me. At all.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    What are commercials and this television you speak of? I live in a world of adfree streams .
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    You looking too hard at things most people don't notice or genuinely don't care about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't watch TV, soooo....
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    When I watch cable, mostly sports, I like to fucking enjoy myself different. Despite liking video games, I believe at heart they're really for kids or teenagers. So it's no surprise that being bombarded by advertisements for Overwatch or to a lesser extent, Uncharted 4 between almost every break royally annoys my ass. Over and over again, seeing the same kiddy ads to where I can remember Tracer saying "don't worry loves" before she even says it because I recognize the commercial that fucking much. Seriously, before it was a mild nuisance when (interestingly) Naughty Dog was shitting up my tv with that Last of Us crap before Uncharted.

I understand the point of marketing like this in a way, but c'mon, no adults are gonna take video games seriously or think it's hip so keep it away from TV.
    What defines "at heart" for video games? You think Witcher 3 is intended for kids, with its deep storylines, characters and brutal realities of politics? Just because you tend to play kiddy games doesn't mean games are, "at heart," for kids.

Additionally, TV is a dying breed and it is already well-established that commercial advertisements are often aimed at the low-intelligent individuals who constantly watch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember seeing many game adverts. The only TV I have watched in the past decade, though, has been NFL and the World Cup.

Also fuck your notion that video games are for children. I will play video games until the day I die.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

Average age of video game player = 34 years old
    Average age of most frequent game purchaser = 39 years old

As far as the commercials go...they are as stupid as most commercials. No reason to single out video game commercials any more than commercials for jeans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, as I don't watch that brainwashing garbage lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't watch television so I've never noticed. They can't be any worse than those cringefest commercials from the 90s-early 2000s

People still watch TV?

It's been a while since I was exposed to any broadcast television, apart from the ones they stick in the corners of bars and restaurants.