Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    That isn't to say I'm defending the movie -- I'm sure it's flawed -- but that perhaps the movie wasn't designed to be pleasing for critics and is more along the lines of a mindless hack-and-slash Orcs vs. Humans fantasy quasi-epic which may please audiences but alienate critics.
    That's why I don't give a damn about critics reviews and just wait for official release in my country (10th June).

My favorite sentence is: "Man, this movie is bad it's X on rottentomatoes." I don't know why any person would give credit to that site. Their calculation is also very crazy. And i will never understand how being a movie critic is an actual profession.

People care way to much about ratings from movie websites, especially the ones that don't agree with them at all.

omg its fallen to 33% thats REALLY bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post

Oh, another Austrian Brother. Attendence was great yesterday.
    I agree on the 8/10 part (I rated it 7/10 because I am a petty Lorenerd). Not sure about the Video Game Movie thing but I can't argue it is one of the better ones, yes.
    At least some lore changes made sense IMO. Beside the change at the end of the last battle. I didnt understand why they changed that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    You sound pitiful. Then again, you claim that Orcs were super powerful even though Orcs were beaten back in most encounters. Their victories only came from numbers. Perhaps they should have taken the que fro LOTR and made Orcs wimpy just so that you were happy? Perhaps they should have made a movie where no one has any clue who or what Orcs are or where they come from. No one knows if there are people or land beyond SW. Ofcourse we will call it Azeroth as it was back on those days. Ofcourse we must remember than both Horde and Human win in original game so we need to do that too! Since no backstory was added for Khadgar and Medivh, lets not bother with it. Just add Kharazan and campaign to kill bad wizard Medivh.

How am I doing so far?
    You want to merge Last Guardian with Warcraft: Orcs & Humans? That actually works for me, sure.

You want to adapt Orcs & Humans from both the Horde & Alliance viewpoints? That also works for me, why not.

You want to adapt Orcs & Humans into a Hollywoodized joke? Sorry, that doesn't work for me.

You got the impression that LoTR Orcs are "wimpy"? Wow. Care to point out a specific scene in which they were "wimpy," or is that more of a general statement towards them? Regardless.

Obviously even the most faithful Orcs & Humans adaptation would have to make some concessions to established Lore since it's not a Video Game; Orcs win the First War, Garona betrays Wrynn, Doomhammer kills Blackhand, Medivh "destroys" Khadgar, etc. etc. etc. your point is what, exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    the fanboyism is so strong here.. you guys would even defend this movie if it was the absolute worst movie in history. Not every bad critic is unjustified and there is usually some truth to what a good portion of reviews conclude.
    Yep.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The problem I have with critical reviews is that they're often grading a movie on cinematic traits which may not always be relevant to the movie they're reviewing. Yes, a blockbuster film can be amazing but sometimes people want to check their brains at the door and enjoy a movie for exactly what it is. Michael Bay wouldn't have a career if this weren't the case.

That isn't to say I'm defending the movie -- I'm sure it's flawed -- but that perhaps the movie wasn't designed to be pleasing for critics and is more along the lines of a mindless hack-and-slash Orcs vs. Humans fantasy quasi-epic which may please audiences but alienate critics.
    On this, we can agree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mumufu View Post
    At least some lore changes made sense IMO. Beside the change at the end of the last battle. I didnt understand why they changed that.
    Mh, I don't know. Some of them I really didn't like tbh. Esp. that last big Scene. But hey, I am just one man who loves the Warcraft Lore (hence why I am so disapointed with WoD. It stings to see such potential go to waste).

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Sniglet View Post
    omg its fallen to 33% thats REALLY bad
    Just give it a week or so. You'll see the general consens of the critics and the viewership. If you are interested - watch it. As Warcraft Fans this movie is a LOT better.
    And I am not saying that because I want the movie to do good in boxoffice. I couldn't care less. But don't write off a movie you might enjoy. But also - don't get pissy at the critics. Most of them aren't fans so their point of view is from an outsiders. Which is fair for people who never heard of Warcraft/don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    the fanboyism is so strong here.. you guys would even defend this movie if it was the absolute worst movie in history. Not every bad critic is unjustified and there is usually some truth to what a good portion of reviews conclude.

Unfortunately yeah. Poor acting, poor script, bad dialogues, more screen shots than actual world building, 2 many charecters added for sequel setup.

I fear DJ and Blizzard didn't conceive that sequel may not happen. DJ was smirking through all the bad rep it had received since first trailer was released. They really believed they could do fan service and it will be enough. Too much effort put into setting up things for future money grab and not enough for the one they were working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    Most of them aren't fans so their point of view is from an outsiders. Which is fair for people who never heard of Warcraft/don't care.
    How silly. Hate to break it to you but studios dont spend 150 million plus on summer movies for "fans"

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Surprise level: 0.0%.

We all knew this was going to be a dud from the very beginning. It is a GAME MOVIE, they never ever ever ever ever ever ever turn out well.
    Why, man? Why? No one knew anything, and what is there to know? Lets look at the facts (I assume you are not a big fan of those, but lets go anyway) real quick:

Mainstream US media shitting all over Warcraft, albeit only a couple of reviews available. (I try to give everyone a fair chance at explaining their score, but reviews claiming CGI is sub-par, and some of these guys giving awful, awful movies high score, makes it really, really hard to understand them).

European outlets and people that has actually seen it, along with some bigger Youtubers, give it positive to very positive reactions.

Russia and China are reporting ridiculous numbers of presales (I know, I know, Transformers did too).

Are you deliberately siding with the obvious minority of people trashing it (for different reasons) to fit what you already decided in your mind months, if not years ago?

Why the hate, mate ? :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Unfortunately yeah. Poor acting, poor script, bad dialogues, more screen shots than actual world building, 2 many charecters added for sequel setup.

I fear DJ and Blizzard didn't conceive that sequel may not happen. DJ was smirking through all the bad rep it had received since first trailer was released. They really believed they could do fan service and it will be enough. Too much effort put into setting up things for future money grab and not enough for the one they were working on.
    I'm waiting to decide if I'm going to see it until after I more fan and general movie-goer reviews come in, but it does seem like Blizzard and DJ missed at least one bet: rather that going either the Marvel (Iron Man) route and making a really tight and focused movie, or the LotR-FotR route and giving viewers a movie-long introduction to the world, they threw in an awful lot of stuff on a big roll of the dice. (Now, I get that there's still a whole ton of stuff left they haven't even touched on, but it seems a little like they're so eager to tell all these stories and build a huge franchise, that they may not have stopped long enough to tell their first story and actually do the foundation-building. Which would be a pity if it fails for those reasons.)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    Why, man? Why? No one knew anything, and what is there to know? Lets look at the facts (I assume you are not a big fan of those, but lets go anyway) real quick:

Mainstream US media shitting all over Warcraft, albeit only a couple of reviews available. (I try to give everyone a fair chance at explaining their score, but reviews claiming CGI is sub-par, and some of these guys giving awful, awful movies high score, makes it really, really hard to understand them).

European outlets and people that has actually seen it, along with some bigger Youtubers, give it positive to very positive reactions.

Russia and China are reporting ridiculous numbers of presales (I know, I know, Transformers did too).

Are you deliberately siding with the obvious minority of people trashing it (for different reasons) to fit what you already decided in your mind months, if not years ago?

Why the hate, mate ? :'(
    Hmm, interesting you should mention obscure things like facts. WoW itself has a much bigger audience in Europe now than the US anymore. Maybe... we just outgrew WoW over here?

Standing on the outside looking in remembering how much I used to love Blizzard games... I now see them for what they are: over-hyped poorly balanced and lazily designed crap. Someday, young one, you will outgrow the hype too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares what film critics say? Most of the time they are wrong or don't know what they're talking about. They universally praised the new Star Wars (I hated it, even more than the prequels), universally panned Batman v Superman (I thought it was great), universally praise the Marvel films like Civil War (Meh, was OK, but certainly not great), and judge video game movies before ever even seeing a second of it. Some of the reviews are comparing it to Battlefield Earth and phone apps, or even worse -- GoT and LotR. Come on, really?! Talk about comparing apples and oranges. Just because they are all the fantasy genre does not make any of those 3 films similar. Who cares what the critics, me, or anyone else says. Point is, judge for yourselves.
    Last edited by The Iron Fist; 2016-05-26 at 02:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Sniglet View Post
    How silly. Hate to break it to you but studios dont spend 150 million plus on summer movies for "fans"
    Your point?

Also - you seem to have missed mine.

Stop listening to what critics say. Don't even think of reading their garbage. They're pathetic excuses who get paid to do virtually nothing. Besides, they'll happily give a good/bad review if they're paid enough to do so. Just listen to a friend or family member's feedback on something. Not a "professional" critic's "unbiased review".

shit game shit movie what do you expect

10+ Year Old Account
    I only go to said reviews site after watching a movie I consider bad, to see if others think the same.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Who cares what film critics say? Most of the time they are wrong or don't know what they're talking about. They universally praised the new Star Wars (I hated it, even more than the prequels), universally panned Batman v Superman (I thought it was great), universally praise the Marvel films like Civil War (Meh, was OK, but certainly not great), and judge video game movies before ever even seeing a second of it. Some of the reviews are comparing it to Battlefield Earth and phone apps, or even worse -- GoT and LotR. Come on, really?! Talk about comparing apples and oranges. Just because they are all the fantasy genre does not make any of those 3 films similar. Who cares what the critics, me, or anyone else says. Point is, judge for yourselves.
    This. Critics make money for nothing. Stop giving them a reason to keep doing the garbage that they do and judge something for yourself. Most critics don't even know what they're talking about.

Who cares what film critics say? Most of the time they are wrong or don't know what they're talking about.

Its almost as if the shitty movies get shitty reviews.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Most critics don't even know what they're talking about.
    Im sure the warcraft fanboys are the authority on what makes a good movie

Who cares what the critics, me, or anyone else says. Point is, judge for yourselves.
    The trouble is that plenty of people care.

Bob: Hey Jim want to go to the cinema?
    Jim : Sure Bob what is playing?
    Bob : Some film called Warcraft
    Jim : Hmm never heard of that before.
    Bob : Nor me! Let us have a look on the interweb for some reviews!
    *10 minutes later*
    Jim : What else is showing?

The sad reality of the movie industry is that the critics can make or break a movie. Since you mention Batman Vs Superman you know that it was well on its way to making a Billion+ dollars till the critics annihilated it. It had a 81.2% decline in earnings in week 2.