10+ Year Old Account
    Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with the system if people need to be that OCD in order to get a house and everyone that has to have a real life on patchday gets booted automatically.

No further proof is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with the system if people need to be that OCD in order to get a house and everyone that has to have a real life on patchday gets booted automatically.

No further proof is needed.
    To be honest I am over exaggerating it a little bit. At least I'm not as bad as those who will probably by their plot then sell it like asshats. Also do you mean me or what Sorrior posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be honest I am over exaggerating it a little bit. At least I'm not as bad as those who will probably by their plot then sell it like asshats. Also do you mean me or what Sorrior posted?
    Both of you. When you have to plan your real life around what time a patch launches so you even have a chance to get something in the game, something is very wrong with the game. Other games, with F2P Business models no less, allow players much for freedom and space in their housing. In Rift, which I pay nothing for, I have not one but two separate Dimensions. If you pay real money you can have up to 20, but the first 2 are entirely free. There is not suck thing as limited space as each person has their own instanced version. You also do not need to travel to your home, you can teleport right to it and your friends can teleport right in to it from anywhere at all.

This limited system where only people who can be on right after the patch and also have tons and tons of gil is just stupid when other games do it so so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Both of you. When you have to plan your real life around what time a patch launches so you even have a chance to get something in the game, something is very wrong with the game. Other games, with F2P Business models no less, allow players much for freedom and space in their housing. In Rift, which I pay nothing for, I have not one but two separate Dimensions. If you pay real money you can have up to 20, but the first 2 are entirely free. There is not suck thing as limited space as each person has their own instanced version. You also do not need to travel to your home, you can teleport right to it and your friends can teleport right in to it from anywhere at all.

This limited system where only people who can be on right after the patch and also have tons and tons of gil is just stupid when other games do it so so much better.
    Dude it's only because that day happens to be a day off for me. I would be at work otherwise then do it when I get home if there were still houses. Tuesday is one of my days off always has been. There is gonna be a swarm going for houses right at the start whether people like it or not but yeah I agree with you Rift has the second best idea of housing imo and first is Wildstar because everyone has their own instanced house and can visit friends/public ones.

It's not like such silly things as this haven't happened before in other games. I recall friends who played Archeage complaining about finding land to build a house on. I'm not arguing in favor of such a system just because it's happened before, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    It's not like such silly things as this haven't happened before in other games. I recall friends who played Archeage complaining about finding land to build a house on. I'm not arguing in favor of such a system just because it's happened before, though.
    Problem is making a limited amount of something as big as housing creates competition and a surge to get yours straight away. I just don't understand why FF14 and the team don't look at what other MMO's do with their housing systems.

I think they could have handled the housing system better but they're trying to make it work at least. Unfortunately that involves development time being taken away from other aspects of the game. Still, whilst I think MMO's such as Rift and Wildstar handled player housing better the overall package didn't interest me enough where the rest of those games were concerned. FFXIV, at least, interest me across the board.

Is the Ishgard residence coming in 3.3 still or did they postpone it?

Problem is making a limited amount of something as big as housing creates competition and a surge to get yours straight away. I just don't understand why FF14 and the team don't look at what other MMO's do with their housing systems.
    It's as if they want housing to have some sort of scarcity thus value due to said scarcity, whereas in other games, you get a house, I get a house, everyone gets a house!

For me, I simply don't see a need to having an in-game house. My FC's house works fine for what I need, and I spend 99% of my time in game anywhere but at the FC house. I don't represent every single FF14 player, though...and it wouldn't bother me one bit if they kicked the door wide open and hooked everyone up with housing.

It's as if they want housing to have some sort of scarcity thus value due to said scarcity, whereas in other games, you get a house, I get a house, everyone gets a house!

For me, I simply don't see a need to having an in-game house. My FC's house works fine for what I need, and I spend 99% of my time in game anywhere but at the FC house. I don't represent every single FF14 player, though...and it wouldn't bother me one bit if they kicked the door wide open and hooked everyone up with housing.
    Same. Rift and Wildstar like I said have it perfectly spot on when it comes to housing. FF14 made it a limited thing which imo is stupid.

Dude it's only because that day happens to be a day off for me. I would be at work otherwise then do it when I get home if there were still houses. Tuesday is one of my days off always has been. There is gonna be a swarm going for houses right at the start whether people like it or not but yeah I agree with you Rift has the second best idea of housing imo and first is Wildstar because everyone has their own instanced house and can visit friends/public ones.
    Not saying anything is wrong with you, I'm saying there's something wrong with the game design. It's great that you have that day off, what about people like me that have a regular M-F 8-5 job? Unless I take that day off and use Vacation/Sick time, I do not have the same opportunities as you. That's poor game design IMO.

Also, Rift has the exact same thing. Everyone has their own instanced Dimension(housing) and can visit friends and public ones.

Some 3.3 news/previews out today:

Nidhogg trial, aka Final Steps of Faith

ilvl 205 to enter normal/story version, 220 for extreme. Suspected that the ex weapons from that trial will be ilvl 235 (not confirmed yet).

Weeping City of Mhach

ilvl 205 to enter, have to complete Void Ark (and it's quest line) to enter.

Weeping City gear preview

Personally I like this batch of sets more than the Void Ark stuff. Caster/healer sets strike a similar vibe to the Demon sets from WoD. Part of me hopes the tank set is the black/gold one that the catdude is wearing, but that is probably going to be the DRG set.

Yeah, Archage was pretty bad. I played during that time as well. I did manage to find a piece of land for myself, both the starter 8x8 plot and then the larger 16x16 plot, but I got really lucky on the 16x16. Found a spot in the middle of an area that due to how other people had placed their plots was just barely able to squeeze in. It was also very annoying that they were in two totally different zones on opposite ends of the continent. I was able to do the same thing with my underwater plot as well, got really lucky and found a just barely open spot that it appeared others had looked over. It was not very convenient at all though. You add on top of that the land-grabbing hacks that people were supposedly using just to snatch up all the land and sell it for far more than they should have been able to was just messed up.

In Archeage however, limited, non-instanced land plots made sense due to the more sandbox-y nature of the game. It was that way by design as there was supposed to be a limited amount of land and having land could directly impact your ability to make money and trade. It doesn't make sense in this game where having a house does not give you any sort of in-game advantage over other players. It's there for cosmetic and RP purposes only really. Not having a house does not set you back in any way. Not having land in ArcheAge left you missing out on a large portion of the game.

Not saying anything is wrong with you, I'm saying there's something wrong with the game design. It's great that you have that day off, what about people like me that have a regular M-F 8-5 job? Unless I take that day off and use Vacation/Sick time, I do not have the same opportunities as you. That's poor game design IMO.

Also, Rift has the exact same thing. Everyone has their own instanced Dimension(housing) and can visit friends and public ones.
    Oh yeah for sure. Like I said Rift and Wildstar absolutely perfect. FF14 just incites competitive behavior when it comes to grabbing a house which is stupid.

Deleted
    Some 3.3 news/previews out today:

Nidhogg trial, aka Final Steps of Faith

ilvl 205 to enter normal/story version, 220 for extreme. Suspected that the ex weapons from that trial will be ilvl 235 (not confirmed yet).

Weeping City of Mhach

ilvl 205 to enter, have to complete Void Ark (and it's quest line) to enter.

Weeping City gear preview

Personally I like this batch of sets more than the Void Ark stuff. Caster/healer sets strike a similar vibe to the Demon sets from WoD. Part of me hopes the tank set is the black/gold one that the catdude is wearing, but that is probably going to be the DRG set.
    Guess brd was the lucky class with a unique set this time around. Unless they have that for mnk which is stupid imho

I like the look of the gear that the male miqo'te and male au ra are wearing in the preview. I probably won't go out of my way to get the sets though.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Guess brd was the lucky class with a unique set this time around. Unless they have that for mnk which is stupid imho
    The one on far right is NIN, since I recall it was shown during live letter with a character who had dual daggers sheathed along with that armor set. I would think the MNK set is the lala, leaving the set on the left being both BRD and MCH...which in my mind that set is only befitting a BRD, aesthetically speaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one on far right is NIN, since I recall it was shown during live letter with a character who had dual daggers sheathed along with that armor set. I would think the MNK set is the lala, leaving the set on the left being both BRD and MCH...which in my mind that set is only befitting a BRD, aesthetically speaking.
    I'd say it would suit a Ninja, if it weren't for the sets the lala/roe were wearing. Has that "Prince of Persia" feeling.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Words cannot express how much I loathe the fact that BRD and MCH share gear. I detest the 'fabulous' look that BRD gear tends to get - and it wouldn't bother me at all if MCH didn't get forced to wear it too. I do love the Midas set though and the Sky Pirate set as well. I hope we get more of that style in the future.

Hooooooly shit that caster/healer gear is sexual. Just as awesome as the VA set imo.