Poll: Should women be allowed to go topless?

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    women shouldn't even be allowed to vote lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    women shouldn't even be allowed to vote lol
    You know that you spent too much time in GenOT when you aren't sure anymore if posts like that one are sarcasm or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if hot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    The only reason men are behind this percieved "issue" is because they'll get to see boobs.
    Yeah, all men are sex-driven savages that can be behind this only out of selfish pervy desires. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    I'd like to see a picture of the group of people that would refuse to allow women to walk around topless and their reasoning for it.

And as to the question, sure. I think topless women would be awesome.
    There is a image thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rself/page1574

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd pick "I really don't care" if it was an option, however I picked Yes as I really don't see what the issue is.
    Men have nipples, women have nipples, they are tools for feeding children. They are only an issue because people make them an issue.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Yeah, all men are sex-driven savages that can be behind this only out of selfish pervy desires. /s
    1. If the topic at hand was "should there be stronger/more female characters in [instert whatever]" with a poll, the 'yes' side wouldn't be quite as strong. That goes for any "feminist" issue, except this "free the nipple" bullshit

2. Have you even read the responses here? "Only if they are hot" is fairly reoccuring, the same with "I would walk around with a boner", because boobs are so sexualised, which both men and women know

I don't consider the struggle to walk topless to be an issue worthy of recognition, and it's even sadder when a large number of the population supports it because tits.
    If you can't see that's their main motivation, I don't know what to say. A decent topic worthy of feminist/equality discussion could be about men's right to work in a female heavy environment without being suspected by the public/co workers, just as an example, not about boobs and nipples, because that's just stupid, not an issue and a waste of time.

If they want to see boobs, well, there's internet

When in public boobs and moobs belong behind clothes. Clothes aren't evil so wear them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. If the topic at hand was "should there be stronger/more female characters in [instert whatever]" with a poll, the 'yes' side wouldn't be quite as strong. That goes for any "feminist" issue, except this "free the nipple" bullshit

2. Have you even read the responses here? "Only if they are hot" is fairly reoccuring, the same with "I would walk around with a boner", because boobs are so sexualised, which both men and women know

I don't consider the struggle to walk topless to be an issue worthy of recognition, and it's even sadder when a large number of the population supports it because tits.
    If you can't see that's their main motivation, I don't know what to say. A decent topic worthy of feminist/equality discussion could be about men's right to work in a female heavy environment without being suspected by the public/co workers, just as an example, not about boobs and nipples, because that's just stupid, not an issue and a waste of time.

If they want to see boobs, well, there's internet

When in public boobs and moobs belong behind clothes. Clothes aren't evil so wear them.
    Well, maybe you shouldn't generalize like that. I for one support it for reasons completely different than my "desire to see boobs" (if I wanted to see boobs, I would just google them ).

Nothing belongs behind clothes. Clothes should have two functions, in my opinion: protection and fashion. There is nothing indecent and improper in our bodies, everyone has seen naked bodies in this age and no one will die from shock if people suddenly start walking around naked. I understand, it will take some time for it to become so - but, at least, toplessness can be allowed right now; and it IS allowed in many places already, without any issues.

I agree that it is a very minor issue though.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll just leave this here.

Deleted
    Sure. I think people should be allowed to walk fully nude if they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I actually think we need more laws. I give you exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Exhibit C:

And you guys are talking about letting them walk around topless?
    Eh, you don't want to look at that, then look away. Like Awbee said, I'd rather live in a society where people sometimes make bad fashion choices and expose me to unattractive things than one in which fashion choices are mandated by law.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    I simply can't remember a time Ive seen a man walking around shirtless anywhere outside of a beach or pool area.
    And there you can often find topless women to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Where does that stop though? I know a lot of people who get genuinely, legitimately nauseous or at least very uncomforable by seeing
    - men with long hair (especially when it's greasy)
    - women with bald or very short hair
    - people with acne
    - obese people
    - gay people holding hands or kissing in public
    - all kinds of visible signs of illnesses, scars or deformities, like people with burn scars or amputees
    Let's add to the list:

-Women who don't cover their hair.
    -Women who do cover their hair.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    No thanks.
    In fact, I think men should not walk around topless either. "But all the hot men!" Fuck no. Men likely to walk around topless are those that shouldn't be
    Not necessarily. Seeing as men are more sex oriented, I frequently see more fit men walk around topless than overweight, because the overweight are embaressed and the fit are using it as a way to get a womans attention.

Maybe it's different where you live.

15+ Year Old Account
    Around here you can't walk into a store without a shirt on, so it's rather inconvenient unless you're just going for a walk or something.

I think a lot of the comments in this thread alone prove that while it's not a terrible thing in principle--for reasons of equality--the reality would be a lot more sexual harassment suits.

Also, probably a lot more back problems for a sizeable portion of the population.

Also, also, "bottomless men" is not equal to "topless women". Everyone has breasts, male or female.

Depends on how one views casual nudity, for some reason the female breasts are considered almost on the level of genitalia when it comes to nudity. Not sure why that is the case in a lot of cultures, but then it wasn't that long ago showing a bit of leg was a taboo for women but that's progress for you. Not a fan of being topless.. heck I rarely leave the house without a coat.. I hate the sun and it hates me.
    Though considering how people react to topless photos, walking around casually topless might present problems beyond just being allowed or not allowed. Some might say it's liberating and equality, others might see it as pandering to misogynistic views. I don't know many women who actually like being topless anyway, finding that they prefer a certain amount of coverage for support. But I suppose I'm in the allow side of things, just cause I don't see a point in removing the choice.. you want to be topless go ahead.. expect stares and maybe some tutting.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    If we have to allow free penisis for topless women, what will it take for bottomless?
    Then we put shirts back on men. What we have here is some fuzzy logic almost like a hotdog to hotdog bun ratio.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    the reality would be a lot more sexual harassment suits.
    Not really. It's not sexual harassment to tell a guy he's got nice pecs, so if the law were for equality, then women's breasts would be no different.

The price of equality goes both ways. Either it's illegal for them to bear their breasts or it's legal to make comments about them, simple as that. Don't want the comments? Cover them up.

I'm all for it though. If women want to run around topless, more power to them. Eventually, people will stop over sexualizing them if it happens and we can all move on with our lives not caring about other people's bodies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    do you want to see your moms and granny's tits flopping around?
    LOL made my day

HELL NO KEEP THEM TITTIES PACKED AWAY