Thread: The Division

10+ Year Old Account
    My gear is a mess right now haha. I think Striker is still one of the most potent dps sets.

I'll try to collect the hunter set and give sniper rifles a proper go. The Socom M1A from the gear vendor two weeks ago still does a fine job, even without the Hunter set. Might pick up the Historian just for Clear Sky, since it's such an open space.

For Predator to be useful I have to get my hands on a better AR, the only one I have is the Black Market AK74, 182. Feels more like a PVP set with it's bleed bonus.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    My gear is a mess right now haha. I think Striker is still one of the most potent dps sets.

I'll try to collect the hunter set and give sniper rifles a proper go. The Socom M1A from the gear vendor two weeks ago still does a fine job, even without the Hunter set. Might pick up the Historian just for Clear Sky, since it's such an open space.

For Predator to be useful I have to get my hands on a better AR, the only one I have is the Black Market AK74, 182. Feels more like a PVP set with it's bleed bonus.
    It basically is, the set is pretty weak af. +Optimal range is poop, 800 AR damage is nothing to write home about, and the bleed ticks once per second for 8 seconds, cannot be refreshed, or stacked. The epitome of a missed opportunity. Pretty much the only people that will use it will be an odd man out in one of the roaming four man death squads to keep people from running away from them so they can ruin the experience of even more people... It has zero application for PvE and doing damage, its only use is to prevent people from sprinting away.

Oh and hunter's faith is trash to... +Armor talent? If you are playing the game right you are already armor capped, useless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    To bei fair, after this patch, I'm actually thinking about dropping my SMG, my AR is much more usefull right now, at least in PVE... I'm not sure what's causing it, they didn't change anything did they?

It's probably because of the Sentinel nerf. The AK is still king when it comes to accuracy... no matter what other people say, the ACRs, M4s LVOA-C... they are barely controllable and you waste so many bullets. The ACR is actually pretty good up close, but their first bullet kick-up is so huge that burst fire is impossible at targets further away.

(PVE)
    Pre patch -> SMG + MMR only, SMG for pretty much 90% of all encounters, the drop off range didn't bother me, thinks melted anyway (most likely due to the sentinel/brutal bug)
    Post patch -> SMG for up close when they decide to rush you, AR for anything else, the "balanced" nerf made snipers uselesss imho, bolt action snipers are only useable against targets that don't move at range (every shot that's not a headshot is flipping weak), M1A without the accuracy are uncontrollable and I'm not wiling to use skills for the sake of making my gun stable.
    The Sentry's nerf hurt ARs as much as it hurt SMGs. They did no balance changes between the two, so they both are identical to pre-patch, they both just do 45% less damage without Sentry's. And I wouldn't count MMR out. Even without balanced, a decent 182+ 5/10 shot rifle with high headshot % can easily crit over a million with three sentry stacks. Needing to line the shot back up for one second after each shot doesn't make MMRs useless. Unless of course you are referring exclusively to PvP in which case everything but SMG is useless, nothing has changed there .

10+ Year Old Account
    True that. Was thinking about 4x Sentry, 2x Hunter's.
    Or (for pve)... 3xS/3xHF for 40% damage to elites, 30% headshot dmg, 20% marksman crit.

I don't know yet. Just need to try loads of stuff. :P And will depend a lot on the rolls. Group comp. etc.
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    It basically is, the set is pretty weak af. +Optimal range is poop, 800 AR damage is nothing to write home about, and the bleed ticks once per second for 8 seconds, cannot be refreshed, or stacked. The epitome of a missed opportunity. Pretty much the only people that will use it will be an odd man out in one of the roaming four man death squads to keep people from running away from them so they can ruin the experience of even more people... It has zero application for PvE and doing damage, its only use is to prevent people from sprinting away.

Oh and hunter's faith is trash to... +Armor talent? If you are playing the game right you are already armor capped, useless.

- - - Updated - - -

The Sentry's nerf hurt ARs as much as it hurt SMGs. They did no balance changes between the two, so they both are identical to pre-patch, they both just do 45% less damage without Sentry's. And I wouldn't count MMR out. Even without balanced, a decent 182+ 5/10 shot rifle with high headshot % can easily crit over a million with three sentry stacks. Needing to line the shot back up for one second after each shot doesn't make MMRs useless. Unless of course you are referring exclusively to PvP in which case everything but SMG is useless, nothing has changed there .
    Got a beastly drop the other day. HE m1a (sadly on 163) with Brutal, Deadly, Provident, and 170% Headshot damage. That last shot with 379% Headshot damage and Pulse/Smart Cover up is critting upwards for 1.4m with Sentries 2/3 set only. Don't even have the 4 set yet. Would probably be higher with Booster shot too.

The patch overall seems pretty good. Looking forward to see if the paid DLC will offer a little more meat though. Guess we'll find out at E3.

Deleted
    By all accounts all of these "free" content were cut content, cut from the base game and added back in. One prime example is this patch and the new incursion. When you complete it you get a prompt to return to the base and you get a story cut scene that talks about how finally you need to take on Bliss at the UN..........

Massive's excuse is that this cut scene was bugged and this patch fixed it... Yeah, they fixed a video so that it only becomes available several patches and three months after launch after completing an incursion... What...? Really? No.
    Actually, there shit turned out to be true. I was leveling a second char just for weeklys and yes it does trigger now after russian consulate. They just messed up the trigger that it only seems to tell you to go talk to fay after you've completed something, in most cases it seems to have been clear skies.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    To bei fair, after this patch, I'm actually thinking about dropping my SMG, my AR is much more usefull right now, at least in PVE... I'm not sure what's causing it, they didn't change anything did they?
    They just changed how you deal with enemies. Even DZ6 enmies pre-patch were a joke...just run into a bosses face and spam your SMG mag into his face, wait 2-3 seconds until it empties and collect loot. Try that now, even with Survivor Link bosses will take a dump on your face, even normal mobs can easily hit you 1/3 of your HP. So keeping a distance is the best way to deal with them, thus making DMR/AR combo a lot better in high level content now.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2016-05-26 at 03:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im running 4 Sentry / 2 Hunter with a 204 M44 at a gearscore of 225 and saw today a 2,5 mil. crit headsot. Ofc. with smart cover and pulse up.

I like to more slow paced gameplay with the M44 and that every shot counts.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -
    The +armor from the set can go above the cap afaik.

Well, actually AR+SMGs are not affected the same by the patch, the headshot dmg% nerf from the set and the brutal damage nerf hurts ARs more than SMGs, since 75%+24,5%(+30%) isn't as much of an increase in overall damage as 50%+24,5%(+30%).

And 1million hits are arguably low considering how long it takes to line them up.... even with initial bullet stability.

I seriously wish they would've given the new sets good 2p and 3p effects... I might've used the no reload set if it weren't for that freaking +shotgun/LMG damage, what the hell..
    and a DPS meter at the BoO shooting range would've been cool too.
    Add a damage counter + a 30 second timer -done.

edit: Speaking of headshot damage.... why exactly does the game show me +91%?

50% base + 30%+24,5%+22,5% =/= 91% in my book....

edit3: I give up.
    edit4: okay this is pissing me off way to much to give up... what is going on right now.
    edit5: okay, turns out sentinel is still multiplicative... I thought they'd be wise enough to change that. That means 2p sentinel is a *must*.
    +30% dmg on headshots... even with 50% headshot accuracy, that's still +15% overall damage
    Nothing else comes close, only if you run around with either 0% armor damage or 0% elite damage.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-05-26 at 06:40 PM.

Yea...I played a single CM and was bored to tears...I need people to do the incursions with to say whether or not this game is worth playing but im terrified of doing them with a matchmade group.

Do the daily High Value Target missions mostly drop the Lone Star set? I play with my brother and we have like 15 pieces of that already and only 2 other set pieces, this is kinda confusing and frustrating. I am only at gear score 16x, but I don't really like the Lone Star.
    Maybe another bug, can't believe they tested anything before launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other pieces do drop, I had Tactician and Predator drops.
    It wouldn't surprise me if the Lone Star set has an increased droprate in an attempt to lure people away from SMG's... I saw a truckload of Lone Star drops too, completely overshadowing other sets.

I've all but given up on this, it was fun for a few weeks then it just got incredibly boring, once I had great gear there wasn't much else to do in it sadly, the Dark Zone PVP was a bit crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    I've all but given up on this, it was fun for a few weeks then it just got incredibly boring, once I had great gear there wasn't much else to do in it sadly, the Dark Zone PVP was a bit crap.
    I think PVP has gotten much more boring with the new gear, before you "could" kill someone without explosive bullets, you just had to play well, now it's near impossible. Constantly having to have them is a bit of a joke imo, I get the gear set with 50% exotic resil on it but it's really not worth losing other bonus' for.

The armour cap was completely pointless. It not only made getting 75% armour mandatory, meaning less builds are viable, PvE is a bit dumbed down to what it could be but also dumbed down PvP to where who ever has explosive bullets left will win.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2016-05-27 at 03:26 PM.

So the regular "Daily" HVTs can drop set pieces? My gear score is 174, got a few yellow upgrades doing the dailies. Can you solo the "weekly' HVTs? I think the hardest one shows you need gear score 150.

Deleted
    the weekly ones are harder than normal CMs... one of them involves fighting ~8 heavy flamers (the ones with the huge flamethrower) at the same time.

the daily ones are fairly easy. (lvl 29-31)
    There is one called something-"trio", that one can drop ~6 set pieces, it's a good daily
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-05-27 at 04:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendor View Post
    So the regular "Daily" HVTs can drop set pieces? My gear score is 174, got a few yellow upgrades doing the dailies. Can you solo the "weekly' HVTs? I think the hardest one shows you need gear score 150.
    I have solo'd the two normal weeklies, I haven't even tried the high risk ones. The high risk ones aren't harder, but they are timed, and failing them means 40 wasted intel, so I didn't bother because even if I could survive, I don't think I would have the damage alone to beat the timer.

But yeah dailies have dropped set pieces for me, though across all the dailies and two weeklies I did, I only ever got Lone Star set pieces, no other sets.

Is there a database somewhere for this game?

I would imagine there are a few wikis and probably reddit.

Deleted
    The game is still bugged af and I can't believe they haven't done a single balance-patch up until now.

3 months in, several skills are broken by design (because they are useless and weak) and their game was so bugged (and still is) that they can't be bothered with that.
    I want to enjoy this game ... I like the PvE, but the bugs and the way they design things is annoying... so fucking annoying.
    I'm probably out until the next/first balance patch.

PvP is still bullshit btw, it's all about consumables and ultimates and that will probably never change. The consumable part bothers me more than the signature stuff.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-05-27 at 09:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a hard time switch my gear sets for the newer ones. Right now it feels Striker is still the dominant dps set to wear.
    Still undecided if I'll wear 4x Strikers with 2x Sentry or 3x3. I now have an AK47 and an Tactical AUG with both Destructive and Deadly. Can't see the new sets offering me a boost at all. Most bonus' are just subpar compared to the 2 and 3 set bonus' of Strikers and Sentry.

It's almost as if their first 4 sets are just too powerful, and for new sets to see play they'll likely to get overpowered and break the game.
    Last edited by Nutri; 2016-05-30 at 08:53 AM.