Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Yes I was. As for Djriff's example he gave however, I have no legit idea for why that would be censored.
    Have they censored douchebag? Might be an extension of that causing it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Have they censored douchebag? Might be an extension of that causing it.
    I don't know if they have or not. I typically see normal* names for peoples characters.

*Normal as in normal names for an RPG.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Well, I totally surprised myself last night, started NG+ and I've already taken out the Dancer alone within half an hour of starting NG+. Took me around 10 or so tries in NG with help, this time around second try with no help at all. I'm proud of myself.
    Having done the fight before + having a +10 weapon and being a high level, makes the fight much easier. Shame you can't parry that boss though, so many opportunities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Having done the fight before + having a +10 weapon and being a high level, makes the fight much easier. Shame you can't parry that boss though, so many opportunities.
    True, true, still didn't expect for it to go so well in my favour. I'm currently doing a Dex/Luck bleed build with around 21 hollow, a Hollow Warden Twinblade +10 and some Hollow shield.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wall of Lothric area reminded me so much of Boletaria castle area from Demons Souls.

Currently playing NG+ to do the things I missed mostly for the npcs storylines and of course for the +rings and the platinum trophy.

But I have to say:

the last boss fight is a brilliant masterpiece design and theme without spoiling too much for those who didn't finish it yet...you will understand what I mean when you fight the boss !

Awesome game, finished it the other day after exploring every nook and cranny I could find and I'm sure I still missed some stuff here and there, like not being embered in some places and missing out on npc invasions (that often drop equipment). In terms of difficulty, most of the bosses seemed somewhat easier overall, but that's to be expected after having played the previous games and getting used to the style of gameplay.

Loved the atmosphere, music and visuals in the abyss watchers fight, pontiff sulyvahn(?) was a nice challenge (couldn't read his attacks well at first), the giant dude was interesting ... (had managed to do the quest chain for Siegward so he was spamming the special attack while I kept the boss' attention), the dancer looked awesome and her attacks were cool but found it rather easy since I generally rely on dodging (I'm assuming a block build would have trouble handling the combos), champion Gundyr was an aggressive fucker and a fun fight, princes incorporated a nice mechanic.

Special comments for:
    • soul of cinder - nice variety of attacks, cool arena and generally ties together well with lore (each stance represents former heroes that linked the flame and the last phase is obviously meant to copy gwyn)
    • aldritch - cool caster fight and as a DS1 fan I liked the area + the crazy invasions that can happen.
    • king of the storm/nameless king - felt like the most difficult fight for me and cool how judging from all the item descriptions and the boss itself, he's most likely Gwyn's firstborn that was exlied

Looking forward to trying out some pvp builds and maybe doing 1 or 2 more playthroughs.

P.S. A moment of silence for Greirat - he went out to do my grocery shopping but never returned.

Deleted
    Finished the game yesterday, i tried to make it last as long as possible.
    It is a superb game, i have enjoyed it a lot, but there are a few things i did not like too much.
    First phase of the nameless king: the camera, was so fustrating, thank god first phase was not too difficult, but seriously, like unplayable.
    Too many RNG in boss encounters, and the problem is not the ones that kicked my ass, it is the ones i killed first try and i should not have.
    I killed first try, aside from tutorial boss, Abyss watchers, pointiff, and the last boss.
    The last boss might be because i had been struggling with the nameless pimp the day before, so my skills were in the highest point due to the wonderfull training, but the other two, was because i was like uber lucky with the RNG in both fights.
    I have seen abyss watchers and pointiff in youtube, and nothing to do with the fights i experienced.
    But yeah the game is amazing, on par if not better than the first dark souls.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2016-05-30 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAccuracy View Post

P.S. A moment of silence for Greirat - he went out to do my grocery shopping but never returned.
    Yeah, I screwed that up in my first playthrough and did it right in the NG+. On his second scavenge hunt, he gets rescued by Siegward if you do his questline correctly. Apparently, there's no way to save Greirats life once again when he proposes to go to Lothric Castle, other than declining his proposition this time around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAccuracy View Post
    P.S. A moment of silence for Greirat - he went out to do my grocery shopping but never returned. [/spoiler]
    Man i am so pissed with myself because of this.

king of the storm/nameless king - felt like the most difficult fight for me and cool how judging from all the item descriptions and the boss itself, he's most likely Gwyn's firstborn that was exlied
    N-no, that's Solaire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    N-no, that's Solaire.
    Nope, solaire is the first knight of the firstborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Nope, solaire is the first knight of the firstborn.
    Thats Ornstein.

Solaire is just a weirdo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats Ornstein.
    Yep i checked and you are right, that was ornstein.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, Solaire is just a weirdo looking for his own sun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo, I'm going for the Dark Lord ending (Usurpation of Fire) I've done the quest line up to "marrying" Anri, is there any additional steps I need to do beyond kill the Soul of Cinders when I eventually get to him?

Technically marrying Anri is the bad ending, but no you don't have to do anything else except never ever get rid of your hallow status.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Technically marrying Anri is the bad ending, but no you don't have to do anything else except never ever get rid of your hallow status.
    Yeah, I'm going for the bad ending. So, keep my hollow form, kill SoC and I win the trophy? Cool, cheers.

Yeah, I'm going for the bad ending. So, keep my hollow form, kill SoC and I win the trophy? Cool, cheers.
    As long as you have the 8 Dark Sigils and didn't heal the dark sigirl, you will get the Usurpation of Fire ending (which is 5 from the Yoel levels and 3 marrying Anri).

10+ Year Old Account
    The only weird this is that, at the very end, you will need to take the "Link the Fire" option. The ending you've worked for will trigger, but I know personally I spent a good 10min before looking up a video before touching the final bonfire. Just to be sure. ; )
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch