Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lets talk about BG Achivements (Khan/BM)

So back in 2009 I got battlemaster done. I feel like back then it was laughably easy compared to what you face today.

I have since 2010, truth be told, not done much PvP, but one of the reasons for this is Blizzard removing full premade options. He'll, things like 250k honor kill farming in IOC in 2011 was also nerfed afaik (So much russian in IOC that year farming us....)

I feel like now days BG achievements are near impossible. A Lot of khan achievements requires a dedicated team - 5 people just won't do, and battlemaster has some achievements that would require 100's of tries in pug's.

People who grind BM/Khan now days only have one chance of doing it and thats using stuff like openraid or having a verrry dedicated 5 man group.

What is your toughs? Im sitting at 23100 points, never touched pet stuff ever (-700 points there)...if I want to go higher there are very little things I can bother/do now days, but one of them involves grinding Khan.

Also....PvP was so much more fun back in TBC when you could queue as full premade and just zerg and then like 25% of time you meet another premade.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    These are all achivements that were made by random and very little thought.

Most likely "ehm, this sounds like an idea, lets make an achievement to win in like... 6min or something".

For Battlemaster, they were added when achievements were new and exciting and ANYTHING sounded like a good idea.
    For Khan, they were added to have people stop whining about too little to do.

90% of all BG achievements are useless and like you say HORRIBLY UNBALANCED and some are close to impossible.
    Luckely I got all early, when you could do real premades. I feel sorry for those who still need them

EDIT: Before people start saying "stop complaining, everything should not be easy", let me show you what I mean by reviewing 1 achievement per BG. And this is without any premades.

Warsong Gulch, [Warsong Expedience], win WSG within 7 min - In my rogues exact 365 wins in WSG, this has happened only 1 or 2 times, not more. Typically both teams take the flag and hold them, and unless you cap 3 flags straight away, with preferably 3 different cappers, and NO delays, meaning enemy team can't take flag, this achievement won't happen. And today, without premades, no team is that dominant. One rogue or druid stealing your flag and running too far, fails the achievement.

Arathi Basin, [Resilient Victory], overcome a 500 resource disadvantage - This is probably one, if not the hardest BG achievements in game. If you think you are a good salesman, speaker, idea pitcher etc, etc, TRY to convince your team to let the other team get 500 points and then try to regain it. The odds of you having a MUCH stronger team who COULD ACTUALLY overcome a 500 disadvantage AND letting them get 500 points ahead are very small. And lets be real, NO PUG will EVER overcome a 500 disadvantage by random. Simply not gonna happen.

Alterac Valley, [Stormpike Perfection], (ally version as example), win when you basically control everything and have captain alive, - This require a TOTAL dominance in a 40man raid BG. You must defend 4 bunkers/towers AND your captain. And while making sure you defend these, you must also assault enemies towers/bunkers AND kill the boss. Do I need to say more, of how unrealistic this achievement is without a premade.

Eye of the Storm, [The Perfect Storm]/[Flurry], Win 1500-0, and win withing 6 min. - SPLIT between these 2, as equally hard. So, to do this, you must instantly rush enemies bases and make sure you get them before enemies manage to cap a single point. AND you must get your "own" 2 bases. And that is not as easy as it sounds. Groups are almost always somehow balanced, ally and horde that is. Dominating IS possible, but instantly capping this fast and dominate from start, when the other team are evenly split and somewhat organized, it's just not gonna happen. Did this ONCE ever with a full premade back in the day. 300 EoTS games later and never even seen a group been close again.

Strand of the Ancients, [Defense of the Ancients], win without broken walls - This is one of the "easiest" BGs to get all achievements in. Still to do this achievements, you basically need to start attacking and have a sick team, meaning if you start on defense, you have basically 0 chance. 50/50 chance in the start. And defending the beach this much is not easy. The walls are weak, and the demos are strong enough to almost always get into range for 1 shot at the wall. Eventually they break. AND there are people running with bombs, especially stealthers. Not impossible, but still crazy hard to do in a regular group.

Isle of Conquest, [Mine], win with all 5 bases. - Sounds easy if your group is good, but it is not. You need to kill the boss when you have all 5. A few hard aspects. First off, most people just want to win and you only need like Docks or Hangar to win, therefore, no one cares about the other major bases as long as they win. And even if they try, holding them WHILE breaking in AND KILLING the boss is hard, as you need people on ALL fronts, including Quarry and Refinery, that most people don't even bother visiting. AND another aspect, IF your team is winning and going enemy boss, the enemy team must be somewhere meanwhile. They won't sit around at GY feeling defeated. They will try to win by taking some base. Your only chance is to break enemy gates AFTER enemies broke YOUR gate, Then SUPERFAST assault remaining bases and hope they get yours and that you kill boss before enemies does. This achievement is almost impossible, got it once, in 254 games, and that was like I said, enemies were slower on boss and didn't care for bases and me and a few more rogues stole last bosses. We killed boss 1-2 seconds after we capped it and our boss was at 5% or so.

Battle for Gilneas, [Don't Get Cocky Kid], overcome a 500 resource disadvantage - This is basically like the AB one, but a bit easier, since you are less people to convince to try this achievements and there are less bases to attack and defend. Still almost as crazy hard as the AB version.

Twin Peaks, [Cloud Nine], in one battle, cap and/or return 9 flags. - Again, one of the hardest in the game. You need to cap and return 9 flags. The "easy" way is to defend and hope for weak enemy flag carriers. But killing him NINE times and returning it YOURSELF is crazy. Not only are the enemy cappers usually quite strong, they usually also have healers with them. So to kill 9 of them within the BG time limit is insane. And when you kill them, you are usually not alone. IF a teammate takes the flag, you won't get credit. AND remember, if you kill enemy flag carriers a lot, odds are your team is better. And that means your teammates might cap horde flag 3 times and end the BG before you can return 9 flags. This achievement is completely crazy and unless you manage to convince all team mates to help you, I just say good luck.

Silvershard Mines, [My Diamonds and your Rust], win without enemy team cap 1 cart. - So, you need total dominance. You must cap ALL 3 at the start and not let enemies cap even a single cart. This is not as easy as it might seem, even if your team is better. Almost always enemy team cap some, especially at start. Because in the start it's completely random where carts are. Regardless how good you are, if enemy team send more people to 1 cart that is close to cap, you will not get it. And since you need all 3 (can't loose ANY), DIVIDING AND STILL CAPPING all 3 in the start is insanely hard.

Temple of Kotmogu, [Nope, no hard, maybe Powerball], hold an orb 90 sec. - This is usually really hard, but kind of often, one team seem to dominate. So wait for a really strong group, grab an orb and move to the middle, hope you survive 90 sec. Not that hard, but can be very frustrating. Easiest BG by far to reach "Master" with. And not TOO easy, this BG has PROPER achievements. Time consuming but no crazy objectives.

Deepwind Gorge, [Capping Spree], cap 4 carts in 1 BG. - Not part of Khan or BM BUT it might be the hardest BG achievement in the game. Here is why, first off, there is no speed bonus if you carry cart. Priests can grab you, you can charge people and possibly a few more things but that is IT. Regular speed boost like Spring won't work. So you need to be VERY strong to even survive the run, and to survive 4 times without being too slowed or killed. Why is slow a problem? Because this is a race against time. The others WILL take bases and points will stack up. Running it 4 times within a BGs time is crazy hard. BUT HERE IS THE KICKER, your team CAN'T be winning. You can't cap it 4 times if your team have more bases and if enemies don't touch your cart. Then you get TOO MANY points before you have time to cap 4. You win too early. The ONLY way to do this achievement is if the enemy team is winning, if they have more bases and take your cart a lot. And really, GOOD LUCK taking this 4 times in a loosing BG.
    Last edited by Battlebeard; 2016-05-23 at 02:10 PM.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Yep, all good examples and why I just give up. I have a mate who's going for top rank, hes 25500 soon. He got khan, did pets. Why he's so much above me. Now he only needs stuff like current raiding, some very hard once and Arena which he hasn't done much off. He got khan trough lucky openraid group and in general some luck/dedication obviously

Honestly, blizzard should just swing the nerf bat. They did that for WSG rep in WOD - Happy they did, cause the people who grinded it in vanilla had it so much easiere, just like how I had it soooo much easiere doing battlemaster in 08-09

My Khan cockblock is win after being down 0-2, cuz it's usually either a close 1-0/1-1 match or a fairly quick 3-0 smash be one side, since there is far less GY camping there, it's harder to get cyclers out to get better people in to overcome and the side up usually just tries to finish it.

Most of the rest is just attrition shit, winning those 100 matches. I got a good chunk of the BM stuff in early mornings before work or queuing with some PVPers in my guild, but wasn't necessarily needed. But as you say, that was a few year ago when I got BM and didn't think about Khan in MoP too much. I wish I had.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    did a lvl 50 premade grp, 15 ppl on alliance, 15 ppl on horde and did all BG achievements in one day, back in MoP
    also did all the RBG wintrades to 2.4 at lvl 70, werent taken away cuz nobody cared

basically no effort. people who were part in the premade didnt even knew, what they had to do in a BG.

now im afk, crying because i didnt earned those achievements....hahahahha /facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    did a lvl 50 premade grp, 15 ppl on alliance, 15 ppl on horde and did all BG achievements in one day, back in MoP
    also did all the RBG wintrades to 2.4 at lvl 70, werent taken away cuz nobody cared

basically no effort. people who were part in the premade didnt even knew, what they had to do in a BG.

now im afk, crying because i didnt earned those achievements....hahahahha /facepalm.
    Fuss why these people achivements are basicly impossibel now. As I mentioned my mate who got khan got a good lucky trough with openraid.

Deleted
    About to finish both, battlemaster and khan, on my warrior (just need some more IoC/AV wins). Actually, there are not that many ACMs that require premade groups. Most of them are just a huge grind. If you do BGs on a daily basis you should be able to get most of them fairly quickly.

I recommend playing a rogue or druid to carry flags in TP and WSG and to tap towers/flags/graveyards. Don't be a masochist like me and do this on a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    About to finish both, battlemaster and khan, on my warrior (just need some more IoC/AV wins). Actually, there are not that many ACMs that require premade groups. Most of them are just a huge grind. If you do BGs on a daily basis you should be able to get most of them fairly quickly.

I recommend playing a rogue or druid to carry flags in TP and WSG and to tap towers/flags/graveyards. Don't be a masochist like me and do this on a warrior.
    So you just went and pugged all the really hard khan stuff Mate, I could play another 1.000 BG's and I wouldnt get some of these without a premade.

Currently 24580.
    5 categories is 100%. rest is almost capped except for pvp, which is 73% and the reason for not being higher is battlemaster(2 achievs missing in total). it killed my desire on the PvP tab, went hardcore on BM roughly 2-2½ years ago and hit what you can see below on the picture.
    Without any change to Resilient victory (When it was 2000resource it was far easier since you could turn a loss in to a win after even 1k points in a random group.
    Perfect storm is impossible or close to as well unless you assign 2 rouges on each of the other factions side whom has engineering... and even then its rather hard...
    So yeah. once they nerf RV i MIGHT reconsider trying again. i won't even look at BGs until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

I got quite a few "perfect game" wins back when the opposite faction could potentially be short on people. Had an EotS where it was 10 to 3 at some point. Getting credit for The Perfect Storm isn't exactly hard at that point.

Deleted
    I strongly disagree with every complaint said here. BG achievements are not achievements you should complete on the first day of your play, but rather make some effort which will require some time to achieve.

They've already nerfed a lot of bg achievements so see no reason to complain at all. Surely, there are some achievements that are hard(er) to complete, but who says they should be easy to obtain?

7+ Year Old Account
    Twin Peaks, [Cloud Nine], in one battle, cap and/or return 9 flags. - Again, one of the hardest in the game. You need to cap and return 9 flags. The "easy" way is to defend and hope for weak enemy flag carriers. But killing him NINE times and returning it YOURSELF is crazy. Not only are the enemy cappers usually quite strong, they usually also have healers with them. So to kill 9 of them within the BG time limit is insane. And when you kill them, you are usually not alone. IF a teammate takes the flag, you won't get credit. AND remember, if you kill enemy flag carriers a lot, odds are your team is better. And that means your teammates might cap horde flag 3 times and end the BG before you can return 9 flags. This achievement is completely crazy and unless you manage to convince all team mates to help you, I just say good luck.
    This is what i need for khan. I play very well and tried it sooo much. The best trys are 7 and i played like a god in this trys
    I hate some acms too because they're (nearly) impossible and thats sad...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So you just went and pugged all the really hard khan stuff Mate, I could play another 1.000 BG's and I wouldnt get some of these without a premade.
    Which of the khan ACMs do you consider really hard? There are maybe 2 or 3 I would consider difficult to get alone, but most of them can be achieved along the 100 win grind if you are the least bit lucky.

edit:
    Twin Peaks, [Cloud Nine], in one battle, cap and/or return 9 flags
    Isn't this ACM still bugged? It doesn't reset when you don't leave the BGs at the end (I think you have to log out briefly until you are kicked out of the BG - not 100% sure, look it up on wowhead), so you can get all 9 returns over several games.
    Last edited by mmocde0e53a346; 2016-05-25 at 02:24 PM.

So why don't we all make a pre-made and get these achievements done for each other? I have 1 or two achievements in every BG that just seems near impossible solo'ing (and it looks like many others do too). Let's get it done!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    So why don't we all make a pre-made and get these achievements done for each other? I have 1 or two achievements in every BG that just seems near impossible solo'ing (and it looks like many others do too). Let's get it done!
    With 5 people? That is the problem. Back in the days I could get 10, 15 or I guess even 40.

Isn't this ACM still bugged? It doesn't reset when you don't leave the BGs at the end (I think you have to log out briefly until you are kicked out of the BG - not 100% sure, look it up on wowhead), so you can get all 9 returns over several games.[/QUOTE]

That's still bugged yes, got mine that way recently. At the end of the game /quit and wait 2 minutes before logging in and the counter won't reset. Funny enough after I got the achievement I returned 12 flags in a single BG a few days later.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    With 5 people? That is the problem. Back in the days I could get 10, 15 or I guess even 40.
    Well maybe not all of them are possible with a group of 5 but some of them surely are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crv View Post
    I strongly disagree with every complaint said here. BG achievements are not achievements you should complete on the first day of your play, but rather make some effort which will require some time to achieve.

They've already nerfed a lot of bg achievements so see no reason to complain at all. Surely, there are some achievements that are hard(er) to complete, but who says they should be easy to obtain?
    There is a difference between hard and 'impossible'. PvP has some really stupid achievements.

And since most achievementhunters are lone-wolves many pvp-achievements doesn't really fit into the game. They are just there because of some lazy devs who just throw random achievements into the game. (In my opinion there should never be any none solo-able achievement, this also includes raid/world achievs).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crv View Post

There is a balance to things. Some things are in fact TOO HARD. Such as some of these. Read my post earlier in this thread where i describe some of the hardest. I don't mind time consuming achivements or hard achievements that require personal skill. But achievements who require 40 man to play PERFECTLY and not allow a single mistake (Like Stormpike Perfection) is insane. This is beyond hard, this is as close to impossible you can get in WoW achievementwise.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Kotan View Post
    There is a difference between hard and 'impossible'. PvP has some really stupid achievements.

And since most achievementhunters are lone-wolves many pvp-achievements doesn't really fit into the game. They are just there because of some lazy devs who just throw random achievements into the game. (In my opinion there should never be any none solo-able achievement, this also includes raid/world achievs).
    My 25400 mate would love you, hes also a big lone wolf like myself. Agreed on all maybe not raiding and 5 mans etc also Kotan@