Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    How to beat Tracer.

Play McCree throw flash bang spam right click, roll, spam right click. Since your pistol kills anything at close range in 1 or 2 shots and you can spam fire 12 of the fucking things...well.

This also counters every single hero in the entire game because this has absolutely zero counterplay and is possibly the most overpowered and frustrating thing currently in Overwatch.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-05-26 at 04:10 PM.

Lol tracer OP. That's absolutely adorable. She has very little hp, deals slow damage. The only thing she has is speed. She has many counters. She is a good character, one with a very high skill cap. That doesn't make her OP. It makes you bad that you can't kill her.

Mcree is obviously the counter to tracer but does that mean she isn't OP? Overall OP is right she is too good and that's also the consensus during beta feel free to go and look on the official forums or reddit, double tracer spam is ludicrously hard to stop. The current OP heroes are Tracer, Lucio and Widowmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
    So she plays conservatively and stays outside those skill's effective range while recall is on CD or uses Dash to produce the same effect as rewind.

She very much can avoid everything she needs to.
    Then you end up just shooting her to death. She can't use all this to avoid every single shot and stuns is my point. It's impossible. Unless there is some huge difference between the console version and the PC version, she dies extremely fast, and when it comes to Roadhog specifically, she can't even outdamage his heal.

Again, if catching someone off guard is the only/best counter then that is a design flaw. High level players have great awareness and are very difficult to catch off guard.
    It's not the "only". You shoot her after she tries avoiding hook/flashbang. If she recalls, you look where she was before, and hook once she appears, or just start shooting again. It's not hard to kill her within 12 seconds.

Getting caught in a Junkrat trap is a mistake that no class should make. That trap is an area of denial skill primarily, not one that you should be "hitting" with in mid battle. If you stop frontal assaulting and chasing Junkrats you'll find that you die to them much less frequently.
    You can hardly count an argument as saying "Well, no one should fall into that anyway". Pretty sure it will even trigger midblink for Tracer, so it's not like it's hard for her to blink into a room thinking it's safe to get trapped. You don't need to chase a Junkrat to fall for it. If your point is that "A good tracer wouldn't fall for any of that", then I would say "A good Junkrat wouldn't leave his trap somewhere pointless that no one would walk into it"

Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    Mcree is obviously the counter to tracer but does that mean she isn't OP? Overall OP is right she is too good and that's also the consensus during beta feel free to go and look on the official forums or reddit, double tracer spam is ludicrously hard to stop. The current OP heroes are Tracer, Lucio and Widowmaker.
    I've played a majority of beta, and never saw anyone complain about Tracer.

And double any hero can be annoying (Double Bastion, Double Reinhardt, etc). That's an issue with allowing people to stack a hero, not the hero itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lucio isn't that bad, he used to be far far more OP with even better heals and higher damage output.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Lucio isn't that bad, he used to be far far more OP with even better heals and higher damage output.
    I don't think the game is poorly balanced when I say OP I don't mean crazy good. Just a bit too strong. On the other hand Zenyetta needs a buff.

Lucio is too good because of the amount of utility he provides as well as being extremely difficult to kill if he's with his team. He gets you to the objective sooner to set up defensively, then heals everyone without having to do anything, all while moving quickly and being difficult to shoot.
    Last edited by Release; 2016-05-26 at 04:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the game is poorly balanced when I say OP I don't mean crazy good. Just a bit too strong. On the other hand Zenyetta needs a buff.
    Agreed with Zen he used to be my favorite support but when they changed how his healing orb worked I stopped using him. Pugs just don't realize they have it on them and go balls out crazy breaking los with you. And being such a glass cannon I can't follow them to die in 1 second. Either revert the change or up his health to make up for it imo

Lucio is too good because of the amount of utility he provides as well as being extremely difficult to kill if he's with his team. He gets you to the objective sooner to set up defensively, then heals everyone without having to do anything, all while moving quickly and being difficult to shoot.
    And that CC...Imo he brings too much for what it takes to play him. (Also find him boring as hell to play)

10+ Year Old Account
    Junkrat is one of my main characters, Tracer has never been a problem. Bad Tracers will follow me indoors, good ones won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Lol tracer OP. That's absolutely adorable. She has very little hp, deals slow damage. The only thing she has is speed. She has many counters. She is a good character, one with a very high skill cap. That doesn't make her OP. It makes you bad that you can't kill her.
    Actually she has amazingly high damage compared to most heroes *if* you can aim with her---I'm guessing aim assist on consoles helps make up for that.

Still, not OP. She's in a better place than some other heroes though
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    She dies in 1 hit from any bodyshot by Widowmaker, and on consoles there's aim assist.

--------

OP is talking about consoles.
    Oh, ok. Yeah, thats not an issue in that case. I doubt even Blizzard takes console balance seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Oh, ok. Yeah, thats not an issue in that case. I doubt even Blizzard takes console balance seriously.
    Yeah, Blizz wants to develop it into an e-sport, and no FPS will ever be successful at a competitive level when there's aim assist.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I'm surprised this isn't a bastion qq thread.

Symmetra eats Tracer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Symmetra eats Tracer
    Even without her turrets she does. I got a potg with her killing 3 of them with just my left click and an extra one must have walked into my turrets because we were playing against one of those "lol lets all be one character" type groups
    Last edited by EyelessCrow; 2016-05-26 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted

zenyatta needs more health or something, compared to lucio and mercy hes just so easy to kill. his healing and utility is fine imo

Is this going to become the 'X is OP' list and by page 10 every single character that ever killed me is X?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Torbjorn's turret is clearly the most OP hero.

Semi-joking, though it's true that Torbjorn turrets generally give me the most trouble. I need to get better at killing them.

Amusingly, a good Soldier 76 also gives me more trouble than the likes of Bastion and Tracer.

Deleted
    Torbjörn turrets are the worst "Pharah counter" I've come across. On Pharah, I'm dead before my first rocket lands, and in air it's almost impossible to avoid the turret.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Torbjorn's turret is clearly the most OP hero.
    I "main" Pharah, so usually only get caught out by Torbjorns turrets once in a game when I don't notice someone switched to him.

I still think its psychologically very "fun-draining" when Torb gets PotG from facing a wall or being a corpse or just spammingrepair/upgrade on the back of a turret for the duration

"Great 'play' maet".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Torbjörn turrets are the worst "Pharah counter" I've come across. On Pharah, I'm dead before my first rocket lands, and in air it's almost impossible to avoid the turret.
    Oh. Okay. You are not doinitrite. (But yeah if you boost into the sky and the turret can see you you won't be able to get into cover in time even free-falling, sure).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.