10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin94 View Post
    Interviewer: "So, Duncan, you know how your movie is getting received?"
    Duncan "No, I don't. Tell me!"
    Interviewer "Well, it's getting mixed reviews"
    Has there actually been an interview? No, right? The guy wouldn't do that to himself right now. And of course he knows how his movie is being received, both by the general audience and the critics. He probably saw every single one of the reviews. Everyone would, if they worked on something for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Badster View Post
    Watch this

Finally somebody who knows what she is talking about
    hahahaha 30mins of that Panzzzer BS, no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    What? "Fel" and "Fell" are not pronounced in the same way in German.
    The english fel and the german "fell" are though.

Here is the scene with khadgar from the movie clips in german:

https://youtu.be/4TJvCfL6fyk?t=3m29s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Yeah, it's obvious. Golden's novelization of the movie has quite many interesting parts, dialogues and little scenes entirely dedicated to character development. They seem to have basically cut everything not strictly related to the plot, which is a shame.
    Yes, sadly. I was disappointed to find out all of the setup for the orcs on draenor from the novelization was missing in the movie.
    Last edited by mmoc3fc982d910; 2016-05-26 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Has there actually been an interview? No, right? The guy wouldn't do that to himself right now. And of course he knows how his movie is being received, both by the general audience and the critics. He probably saw every single one of the reviews. Everyone would, if they worked on something for 4 years.
    No, it was just a joke I made

Anyway... looks like the biggest fault of the movie is the editing/pacing, and consequentially the absence of good character developments, except maybe for Durotan and Garona?

Quote Originally Posted by callyx View Post
    Yes, sadly. I was disappointed to find out all of the setup for the orcs on draenor was missing in the movie.
    Careful. Some don't like that line of thinking around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    SNIP....

Yeah, it's obvious. Golden's novelization of the movie has quite many interesting parts, dialogues and little scenes entirely dedicated to character development. They seem to have basically cut everything not strictly related to the plot, which is a shame.
    I'm really shocked to see you say that.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-05-26 at 03:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I'm really shocked to see you say that.
    Because you have this crazy idea that some of us are defending the movie out of fanyboyist reasons, which is completely wrong. We're simply refuting stupid points. Like any that are an obvious result of a lore-purist mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin94 View Post
    No, it was just a joke I made

Anyway... looks like the biggest fault of the movie is the editing/pacing, and consequentially the absence of good character developments, except maybe for Durotan and Garona?

This. Even if acting was mediocre, it still would have worked. While Fellowship spent 90 mins to establish new world and characters, this movie does it in 15. I read somewhere that DJ chose the length of movie.

Go through reddit and non-fans just didn't get first 30 mins of movie that allegedly introduces entire Azeroth and all the players. That made them not connect to rest.

I am just spamming forums to see if someone posted box office reception. I still don't know how well this movie will do but every bad review shrinks box office potential a bit.

Chris Metzen was invovled so this doesn't surprise me..
    Last edited by jdbond592; 2016-05-26 at 04:00 PM.

Deleted
    Careful. Some don't like that line of thinking around here.
    I wasn't referring to the blood drinking if thats what you mean. Theres quite a few pages dedicated to introducing the orcs and their motivations in the novelization, all of which is missing in the movie.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I lived in the area at the time. There was over 1 million illegal immigrants with more steadily pouring in from Mexico. Please, tell me more about something you obviously know nothing about.
    AKA: "My personal bigotry anecdote is more important than history or legislation" or Electric Immigrant 2: How I learned to say 'Dey took our jerbz'. Yeah Warcraft was written as an anti immigration piece. You're a riot! Or wait, is mentioning riots too close to home? Idk.

OT: I really can't believe the reviews that equate this to the DnD movie or other things like Waterworld. Just the trailers alone already outshine those movies. I don't expect it to be a cinematic masterpiece, because the latent themes in Warcraft are quite simple compared to other fantasy works, but it's not going to be a 'bad' movie.

I am still concerned about some performance reviews being accurate though. Not a lot of great human acting going on in the trailers.
    BAD WOLF

Because you have this crazy idea that some of us are defending the movie out of fanyboyist reasons, which is completely wrong. We're simply refuting stupid points. Like any that are an obvious result of a lore-purist mentality.
    Doesn't have to be a purist but as I have said for months. They could have done a better job. It was never going to be 100% pure but damn. Look at what you got in the end. A chopped up, too short version that is barely held together by some great animation/CGI work.

I cannot give much praise for that but to see Zulkhan say anything similar to, "They seem to have basically cut everything not strictly related to the plot, which is a shame." and this long of back and forth. Thats a bit shocking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by callyx View Post
    I wasn't referring to the blood drinking if thats what you mean. Theres quite a few pages dedicated to introducing the orcs and their motivations in the novelization, all of which is missing in the movie.
    I know I just expanded it a bit. There was a lot removed that really shouldn't have been if you wanted to show off this new universe and the 2 major players at the time.

The movie is already 2 hours long. While the first 15 minutes to half an hour jump around a lot and doesn't really introduce people right off the bat, it is good that a lot of stuff was cut.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    This. Even if acting was mediocre, it still would have worked. While Fellowship spent 90 mins to establish new world and characters, this movie does it in 15. I read somewhere that DJ chose the length of movie.
    Did Lothar have at least a bit of depth/development?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Chris Metzen was invovled so this doesn't surprise me..
    Wow. Christ Metzen was involved in the production of the movie based on the franchise he spawned out of his own brain?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?1?1

Omfg, how the fuck is that possible??? Heresy! Treason! We should assassinate him and bomb Universal and Legendary and Blizzard and Hollywood.

#SoAngryNow #NotGonnaWatchWarcraft #INeedToGoGetMyChillPills

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't have to be a purist but as I have said for months. They could have done a better job. It was never going to be 100% pure but damn. Look at what you got in the end.
    How am I supposed to look at what I got in the end if I haven't even seen the movie? And how can you make claims like that when you haven't either? Even if you're basing that on fan reactions... Like, I haven't literally seen one fan's review where he went on a rave how lore changes made the movie worse. Literally, not one. If I'm missing out on these, please, do me a favour, and show them to me.

Deleted
    Whats the word on Orgrim and/or Blackhand? Are they done well or are they also nonexistent??

I think the whole "characters have no depth or development" bit is exaggerated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    The movie is already 2 hours long. While the first 15 minutes to half an hour jump around a lot and doesn't really introduce people right off the bat, it is good that a lot of stuff was cut.
    2 hours 30 minutes+ isn't unusual for big movies, and while i liked the movie from a fans point of view, i think spending a bit more time to establish the world and its characters in the beginning would have been crucial in order to bring in a new audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    The movie is premiering in Russia today, right? Someone said here a week or two ago that the number of presales in Russia on the movie is huge and that apparently it's swiping the floor with other movies on the presales front.

I think the whole "characters have no depth or development" bit is exaggerated.
    Does Lothar have a decent depth/development? It's one of the main thigns I want to know

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I don't think it's genuinely healthy doing that. Going forth to read a lazy review sarcastically shitting on everything you worked hard for 4 years in just a short number of lines isn't exactly pleasant nor necessary, especially for someone enduring a lot of pressure already, pressure that will only escalate in the coming weeks.

We're simply refuting stupid points. Like any that are an obvious result of a lore-purist mentality.
    Now now, let's not imply that quras's points are somewhat stupid.

Oh wait a minute. Let's totally do that.

The sad truth is that was probably necessary for a summer blockbuster to be like that. People keep praising The Fellowship of the Ring, forgetting that movie was released in a completely different period of the year.

This doesn't change the fact that I would still appreciate that stuff within an exclusive edition, one that would still draw some attention once the summer period is over.

Wow. Christ Metzen was involved in the production of the movie based on the franchise he spawned out of his own brain?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?1?1

Omfg, how the fuck is that possible??? Heresy! Treason! We should assassinate him and bomb Universal and Legendary and Blizzard and Hollywood.

#SoAngryNow #NotGonnaWatchWarcraft #INeedToGoGetMyChillPills
    Don't forget the priceless assumption "I read somewhere Duncan Jones chose the length of the movie!"

That evil director chose to cut his own movie to piss jdbond592! Now is all clear.

How am I supposed to look at what I got in the end if I haven't even seen the movie? And how can you make claims like that when you haven't either? Even if you're basing that on fan reactions... Like, I haven't literally seen one fan's review where he went on a rave how lore changes made the movie worse. Literally, not one. If I'm missing out on these, please, do me a favour, and show them to me.
    Let it be. Just quras doing quras things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.