Thread: Match chat QQ

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Match chat QQ

Have you guys had people QQ or spam hate after getting destroyed by your team?

Lately, especially in organized group play, after me and my mates destroy a team, there is usually one guy on the opposing team that will say something like "oh if you didnt have that tracer, your whole team would be fucked, scrubs".

I just laugh when this happens.

Have you guys seen salty players in Match chat already (3 days after release no doubt lol)? Usually after every match that I win, I will say something like "lol gg" in match chat, just to get in my opponents mind a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only look at the chat to say gg but I have caught snippets of salt. I don't really care if its directed at me I just say "Stay salty my friend" or if someone on their team is blasting one of their teammates for "being bad" I just say "You were pretty trash too, bro" and that gets them even more salty and they start bringing the stats up as if I care. All that matters is the L or W

Sometimes I am salty in chat since they'd be a full premade and I'd be stuck with derpies.
    There's nothing more frustrating since you can't "carry" stuff on your own.

Not really. I like to make fun of Hanzos who miss thier ult entirely tho.

It happened for the first time for me last night. We had won and it was a good game, could have gone either way.

Salty person 1: F**king Pu**ies!
    Satly person 2: You all suck
    Me: Rude

That was the extent of it. That group dropped out and we got a new team where we ended up exchanging bnet tags cause they were awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    QQ is pretty rare so far. I've gotten a bit salty when I play Mercy and everyone scatters and ignores the objective. At those times I just switch to a damage class and treat it as a skirmish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Sometimes I am salty in chat since they'd be a full premade and I'd be stuck with derpies.
    Why be salty? I mean, an organized group is going to outplay a pug every day. Just brush the loss off your shoulder and on to the next match!

Sometimes ill say in match chat after we blew their team out of the water: "wow you guys really dropped the ball on that one." 9 times out of 10 someone will begin to dump salt into match chat. Its funny for sure.

Deleted
    We need the option to hide chat. HotS has it. Overwatch should have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why be salty? I mean, an organized group is going to outplay a pug every day. Just brush the loss off your shoulder and on to the next match!
    I've always played progressive/pro tho I'm starting to lose my aim rapidly (aging?)
    Maybe it's time for me to relax a bit more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    I've always played progressive/pro tho I'm starting to lose my aim rapidly (aging?)
    Maybe it's time for me to relax a bit more
    Welcome to the old person club, its why I stopped playing FPS games, I get so frustrated as I can't do what I used to be able too. Luckily this game has a wide range of characters that don't rely on twitchy aim.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have one friend, who despite being a good guy in RL, is a pretty sore loser. he shit-posts and cusses the other team if we face a group like 2 Bastions or something that just totally pisses him off. The only time I did something like that was when the enemy team had 2 mei (3 initially) and we were spammed constantly with walls and blizzard ults.

interestingly enough, usually people who taunt and brag on the chat are those who carry the least of the weight. one reaper was constantly spamming the chat bragging and taunting us all, and I sniped the idiot with Mercy as he was trying to snipe me from top of a platform...a reaper sniper...'nuff said.

Played a game with an incredibly salty person

Accusing us to camp when playing defend on a choke point. Yeah sure

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    All that matters is the L or W
    All that matters is personal performance

OT: Been playing online games for 15+ years. OW first time I genuinely was told to "get cancer and die". Via voice comms no less Been told to diaf and other variants sure, but "Get cancer and die" was new to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Not when ranked comes around!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Not when ranked comes around!
    I dunno is ranked premade only or?
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Played a game with an incredibly salty person

Accusing us to camp when playing defend on a choke point. Yeah sure
    Those are the best compliments

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post

OT: Been playing online games for 15+ years. OW first time I genuinely was told to "get cancer and die". Via voice comms no less Been told to diaf and other variants sure, but "Get cancer and die" was new to me
    Just curious, what games have you been playing? Because that's usually the go-to "insult" from a mad person these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten salty ONCE in chat. Usually I keep my mouth closed and if I feel the need to rage, I do it at my computer screen and not at other people.

The one time I did was when for the second match in a row we got a full premade, and they went five Pharah, one Mercy. The previous match they had been six Hanzo. Six Hanzo isn't horrible if you're good at avoiding dragons coming from every direction. Five Pharah is arguably one of the most annoying things you can run into considering the bouncing and flying all over the place, the amount of damage her rockets do, and the fact they had they a Mercy flying behind them.

I didn't so much rage as telling them I'd be putting a suggestion in to Blizzard to limit the number of the same character you can have per match. I was told I must be fun at parties and responded with that they must not have much of a life (lame comeback, I know) and that was that.

I've been in a match one time where someone else was raging, and it was someone on the other team raging in match chat at his team as he was losing. The next match he was on my team and was actually a decent player, the match after that he was on the opposite team again but he had really good placement with his Hanzo dragons and I complimented him on it. Next thing I knew I had a Bnet request. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Curdi View Post
    Just curious, what games have you been playing? Because that's usually the go-to "insult" from a mad person these days.
    I know it's such a cliché I was amazed it had taken this long Re: games, CoD, WoW and Halo are online games I played most; but it started with Half Life and Quake 3.

I like to bait people into being toxic. Getting the enemy to absolutely sperg out in match chat and say horrible things and then asking everyone to report him is just, mmm like a fine wine.