Mount farm question

This is mostly for Elegon and deathwing. Say I clear up to Elegon on the char I wanna save raid ID on (25 normal or heroic if I was doing deathwing)>extend it>make group as normal>kill on char I farm it on, will that work? Or will my char who I save the ID to be saved as well aka elegon / deathwing dead?

hope this explains it. LK and yogg saron so much easiere to farm it seems.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    This is mostly for Elegon and deathwing. Say I clear up to Elegon on the char I wanna save raid ID on (25 normal or heroic if I was doing deathwing)>extend it>make group as normal>kill on char I farm it on, will that work? Or will my char who I save the ID to be saved as well aka elegon / deathwing dead?

hope this explains it. LK and yogg saron so much easiere to farm it seems.
    Iirc the ID has it's own number on the instance and anyone who clears on that number clears that save. So if your ID is 1111 and you share that with your friend, then he goes and clears the instance while you're not there all you can get back to later is a cleared instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    the ID system is used on heroic but not normal.

you'll be saved the first week to the ID, when you extend the next week you can use the lockout as many times as you want and every toon will enter a 4/6 msv lockout as long as the one with the lockout doesn't enter when elegon dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you'll be saved the first week to the ID, when you extend the next week you can use the lockout as many times as you want and every toon will enter a 4/6 msv lockout as long as the one with the lockout doesn't enter when elegon dies.
    Cool! gonna buy a lock-out for elegon then and keep on my mage...he prolly cant solo clear xD

Wonder if this also works for deathwing. If not I got a likely way how to make it work using a 25 normal clear and a macro Im a bit afraid to share, cause it prolly is exploit.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to make at least 1 kill to save a lockout, so you'll have to solo/group up with a friend to kill the spirit kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Cool! gonna buy a lock-out for elegon then and keep on my mage...he prolly cant solo clear xD

Wonder if this also works for deathwing. If not I got a likely way how to make it work using a 25 normal clear and a macro Im a bit afraid to share, cause it prolly is exploit.
    my 700 frost mage can solo elegon 10 N, just full pvp gear.

you say buy a lockout, well to keep a lockout you have to kill something, if you join a 4/6 and kill elegon it's a useless 5/6 lockout, if you kill nothing you won't be saved to that ID and be able to extend it, you need to clear 4/6 on the mage, so you can use it as the lockout holder, if you ment this anyway nvm.

and yes it works the same for any instance in mop/cata you can be 4/8 to farm 12-b or 7/8 for deathwing, or 5/12(13) in ToT to farm ji-kun.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    my 700 frost mage can solo elegon 10 N, just full pvp gear.

you say buy a lockout, well to keep a lockout you have to kill something, if you join a 4/6 and kill elegon it's a useless 5/6 lockout, if you kill nothing you won't be saved to that ID and be able to extend it, you need to clear 4/6 on the mage, so you can use it as the lockout holder, if you ment this anyway nvm.

and yes it works the same for any instance in mop/cata you can be 4/8 to farm 12-b or 7/8 for deathwing, or 5/12(13) in ToT to farm ji-kun.
    hanks man! Ok elegon out of question then....:/ My mage is 685 or so....its just a farm alt! We'll my oldest alt I had since vanilla haha, but you know...just another pointless farm alt now!