Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    There might be. I play both a DK and a Paladin. Tirion is an even bigger hero to my DK since he was my main during WoLK. If not for Tirion, all DKs would still serve Arthas! I won't know how I really feel about Tirion becoming a DK until I see how it's handled. Is he given a choice in the matter? How does he react?

I suspect that Darion has consummate respect for Tirion as well; the two of them have quite the history together. I'm hoping that it's more a case of hero-worship, with Darion feeling "Only Tirion can save us" rather than looking at Tirion as just another resource to be exploited.
    DK's not looking on any and every thing as an exploitable resource?
    I can clearly see such a scenario happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Lore forum is that way ==>

In here we want to discuss the bullshit about them doing this.
    Just because getting screwed over is their fantasy, doesn't mean Blizzard has to do it as much as possible in the worst way.
    Hey, no need to be rude, we're discussing all the aspects regarding this smartestest lore bending twist of class fantasy

Just because getting screwed over is their fantasy, doesn't mean Blizzard has to do it as much as possible in the worst way.
    What? lol. How does this even affect you except for lore and role playing? Are you afraid all paladins are going to get some sort of debuff that will affect your dungeon runs? I play a paladin too, and I understand concern about having our greatest champion disrespected. I was just commenting that it might not be something he opposed. I don't know yet, I'll have to see when it happens.

- - - Updated - - -

I really do straddle the fence on this one. You guys don't even know... I admit I am something of a lore and role play geek. My fondest memory in all of WoW was the first time I made it to the Frozen Throne, there to tank the Lich King with my guild mates and TIRION by my side. Tirion, who not only rescued death knights from the Lich King's control but went on to support our acceptance back into civilized society! Without him, we would still be outcasts! My DK (Arrawnn the Undying, on Dath'remar) would do anything for Tirion and never passes him without saluting.

I did not play a pally yet in WoLK, and Peacekeeper Draco is Draenei, so he actually feels closer ties to the Naaru and Prophet Velen. But for Arrawnn there is no one he respects more than Tirion. I really don't know how I'll respond if they ask me to be part of a raid on Light's Hope Chapel. I mean, I still wear my Argent Tournament tabard when I'm in frost spec. It will all depend on how the quest is framed I guess as to whether I participate or try to work around it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

We don't even know how this is going to play out. We've only heard voice overs and that's about it. So far, Tirion hasn't been rezzed as a horsemen yet and by the sound of it (voice overs) something happens to darion and the Pc (you) as you try to resurrect Tirion.

We can't really talk about anything being BS because we don't even know what's going on since Tirion hasn't become the horsemen yet.

Also, @Killyox you're completely talking out of your ass. First off, the 3 horsemen don't go with Darion to Light's hope, it's just the PC (you) and Darion that go. Second, yes, death knights are heavily affected by holy ground. Arthas raised half of an army and brought Darion/thassarian/others with him against lights hope and still lost due to the fact (lich king said this himself) the paladins were on holy ground.

My assumption based on the voice overs is that something happens when they enter lights hope and try to rez Tirion. The light might stop them, Tirions spirit might stop them, but someone/something does something to Darion to make him ask the PC to retreat back to Acherus .A little before that you can hear Darion saying "Agh, what is this!?" So, with that, I'd say the light stops Darion and the PC before they get Tirion.

How about we raid Acherus and un-res all the former paladins

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    How about we raid Acherus and un-res all the former paladins
    Lore-wise (or should that be law-wise?) there's a solid case for doing so. Being raised from the dead is, per the official lore, akin to coming down with some kind of mental illness that screws with your personality etc at a pretty fundamental level. Therefore, we as their fellow / former brothers in the Light, are duty-bound to help them recover any way we can. Since we know the soul exists in the setting and all that, if we can't resurrect them back to (actual) life then at least in death their souls can be freed from the psychic taint of undeath.

Okay, that's the legalese out of the way...

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Well actually, I agree with what others have said to some extent.

The DKs have to wait until a good percent of the Paladins are out helping the priests in their class hall to attack, doesn't that just make the DKs weak? I feel like it really portrays them as weak because they 1. Chose to attack when most of the Paladins were out helping our bros at the priest hall and 2. Had to enter through the weakest part of the chapel where the light was weak. Obviously this second part is a good strat but how strong can they be if they can't face the light head on, or even the Paladins for that matter?

We'll have to see how this plays out though. That one line during the voice over "take the death gate. Use it. What is this?" that kind of hints at something unexpected happening during their mission to retrieve Tirion. We'll have to see though
    Don't think it portrays the DKs as weak, just shows that Light's Hope Chapel as a holy place is incredibly strong which is discussed in the DK starting experience climax event. The chapel itself is enough of a force to contend with that having Paladins there just brings the power to levels the DKs don't want to contend with.

I think DKs rezzing Tirion as a DK would be ... a bad idea, for political reasons. Priests and Paladins, who are already on tenuous relations with DKs would be outraged and would likely demand retribution and go to all out war with the DKs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Priests and Paladins, who are already on tenuous relations with DKs would be outraged and would likely demand retribution and go to all out war with the DKs.
    Priests & paladins are Lawful Stupid though, so there won't be any retaliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Priests & paladins are Lawful Stupid though, so there won't be any retaliation.
    Ehh I disagree. Taking Tirion and rezzing him would 100% piss off a large majority of paladins, as well as priests and anyone else who looked up to him. It's not just paladins that could retaliate, I mean we were off helping the priests in their class hall. I think something will happen, there's an opportunity for a cliche but decent story here and Blizzard loves cliche stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Don't think it portrays the DKs as weak, just shows that Light's Hope Chapel as a holy place is incredibly strong which is discussed in the DK starting experience climax event. The chapel itself is enough of a force to contend with that having Paladins there just brings the power to levels the DKs don't want to contend with.

I think DKs rezzing Tirion as a DK would be ... a bad idea, for political reasons. Priests and Paladins, who are already on tenuous relations with DKs would be outraged and would likely demand retribution and go to all out war with the DKs.
    Except Darion says in the VO that the Light is weak where Tirion is interred, for some reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Except Darion says in the VO that the Light is weak where Tirion is interred, for some reason.
    No, he says there's a spot where the Light is weak, not necessarily where Tirion is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have come to stop this debate!, Behold! (Or... just listen)

Tirion is not the 4st Horseman, Darion is going to be the head of the horsemen (It looks like something goes wrong in the fight for the chapel and he dies, only to be ressurected as the head of the horsemen)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Tirion is not the 4st Horseman, Darion is going to be the head of the horsemen (It looks like something goes wrong in the fight for the chapel and he dies, only to be ressurected as the head of the horsemen)
    Well that's something at least.

Still gonna nuke Acherus though.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Well that's something at least.

Still gonna nuke Acherus though.
    I think the paladins need to create a holy version of the atomic bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    Your wish is granted:

And the LORD spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit...ade_of_Antioch

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Your wish is granted:

And the LORD spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit...ade_of_Antioch
    Oh god please yes YAAAAS

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    I figure Mimiron et al in Ulduar will be nicer towards us than Death Knights, and we know from Flame Leviathan's hard mode that there are anti-surface weapons in Azeroth's orbit.

*5 mins in PSP later...*

There we go.

It's the only way to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by teleros View Post
    i figure mimiron et al in ulduar will be nicer towards us than death knights, and we know from flame leviathan's hard mode that there are anti-surface weapons in azeroth's orbit.

*5 mins in psp later...*

there we go.

it's the only way to be sure.
    do eeet nooow

Deleted
    Wait so whose idea is to ress Tirion? Mograine's, right? Coz I could totally not see Bolvar going like... "Wat? Tirion died? Go n rez him coz I wanna make my friend a slave to death and necromantic magic so he could serve me forever more... and we could like get some tea after the legions defeat"

up
    lawl at that acherus nuke hah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    So wait... They attack Lights Hope in an attempt to steal Tirion's body and turn him into one of their Four Horsemen...

They get bitchfucked and not only do they fail to bring back Tirion, they lose Darion in the process?

Shit... Now I feel kinda bad for DKs.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30