Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Anyone else starting to dislike people less?
    Great, sounds like you already fixed your own problem

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Great, sounds like you already fixed your own problem
    Sorry, fixed the error. I'm on a mobile device and sometimes I fuck up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Its no secret, outside of my direct family (as in my wife, my kid, and my mother and father) I'd rather hang out with dogs than humans.
    Cats can just go to hell.
    So, you are just the very nature of what we are in, nowadays.

Nah it's fun, people are fun because there is always something new and interesting going on. Yeah there are a lot of stupid people who make the same false, misguided asrguments over and over, but there are also plenty of people who genuinly want to learn and discuss things.

People have always been bitching about everything using real facts, sensible arguments, cherry picked statistics, prejudiced positions and outright lies. The issue of the day is always changing. Just a few years ago the big enemy was the religious right and now it's the regressive left. The arguments change and keep happening no matter how useless they may be. If you don't like to get involved with that, don't. If it shakes your faith in humanity you are an idiot for expecting more.

I like too discuss random shit it's why I visit and post on this site. You have to pick your battles. You won't convince a twitter feminist of the various reasons the pay gap is bullshit or a trump supporter wearing a wifebeater with a confederate motife why a religious travel ban is a dumb unworkable idea. But you might just convince an OP who is genuinly interested in the opinions of others..
    Last edited by Cradyz; 2016-05-26 at 05:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Deleted
    Well Ive always dislike authoritarians, both left and right. I generally like people but once they start showing signs or entitlement and using religion, morals, feelings or anything else to try to control me, I cant stand them any more.

Utopian types always become manic depressive misanthropes, or self destructive delusional fanatics which you can argue are the same thing but diverge with circumstances.

Of course when you attempt to carry more than you're meant to, guess what happens.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love people. I'm also able to see the difference, though, between a few people, an Internet phenomenon, and the real world. I also don't get offended or frustrated by people holding opinions I disagree with, as long as they aren't trying to restrict the rights of people I care about.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really what you focus on. If you focus on the negative sides of people, then you will dislike people; if you focus on their positive sides, then you will like them. I prefer the latter.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It's really what you focus on. If you focus on the negative sides of people, then you will dislike people; if you focus on their positive sides, then you will like them. I prefer the latter.
    Pretty much this, exactly. As Steven Erikson recently said in an open letter, "Cynicism is a self defense mechanism in the face of helplessness."

Optimism is much more daring and ultimately more rewarding.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Listen I know I post some controversial and sometimes downright maddening/depressing stuff on here, but at no point do I hate people as a whole or life as a whole

The problem is a mismatch of expectations: you maybe grow up expecting rainbows and lollipops and meeting unicorns and having a grand purposeful time, but the reality is that life is just pretty random, often pointless, sometimes hard and sometimes devastating - but it is always potentially new and different and overall pretty damn fun and interesting

Simply alter your expectations to be realistic: there is no god, the universe is big, people can be good or shitty depending on the day it is and what else is going on, life is no picnic and sometimes your own brain chemicals are going to help or hinder you in ways you can't control

Balance yourselves out, focus on your self-development, become better -- and always keep your eye on the truth of what is actually real because that's the way to be quietly optimistic while not being deluded

If you always face the truth, you can never feel betrayed by reality when it either gives you undeserved gifts or undeserved pain

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I'm sort of the same. All you have to do is look at the US political candidates... these are the people WE want. WE want Trump, WE want Clinton, WE want Bernie. Hate those words all you want, but THESE PEOPLE are who WE want.
    I don't think these people are who we want. These people are what we are allowed to choose from. Yay democracy. ~_~

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Pretty much this, exactly. As Steven Erikson recently said in an open letter, "Cynicism is a self defense mechanism in the face of helplessness."

Optimism is much more daring and ultimately more rewarding.
    "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

My guess is that the people you are talking to is the issue. People who don't get involved in those kind of games are usually considered boring and if you have a strong personality it's likely that you are unlikely to engage the boring people because they see you as a source of unwanted drama.
    Source:
    Me being a "boring" person and finding many boring people over the course of my lifetime who do exactly this.

I think the problem here is that society goes way too hard on the message that bringing people closer together is always a fundamentally good thing and it will naturally lead to people becoming best buddies who agree on everything and enjoy being around each other, when that's hardly the case in reality. Sometimes you just have to accept in all likelihood the vast majority of people in the world you won't ever really be able to get along with, and that trying to change them so that you can is rarely worth the trouble. Once you can get your head around that, it makes interacting with your real friends that much more enjoyable.

Anyone else starting to dislike people more?
    You were saying how you were diagnosed autistic. Did they give you any tips on how to get by in the world as an autistic?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Utopian types always become manic depressive misanthropes, or self destructive delusional fanatics which you can argue are the same thing but diverge with circumstances.
    Utopia can't be Cosmo-logic, loving Nature is Cosmo-logic.

Humankind or Anthropocentrism's deification, wants to destroy the Cosmo-logic, to change the whole COSMOS.

NOW THAT'S SOME FUCKING UTOPIA, and self destructive delusional fanatics.

Homonidae, you are speaking by the devil brain. Congratz to you self destructive delusional fanatic.

10+ Year Old Account
    These forums have turned me pretty cynical and apathetic. Don't know if I've reached that level yet OP.

I completely agree with you on the (overused word) SJW/regressives and conservative nuts. Both sides are wrong and silly.

Lets make a third option!

Honestly between the people here, the people online and the people I know and speak to, I'm starting to dislike people.

I used to be into politics and I still am to an extent, but I'm really getting tired of this whole debacle of SJWs and cuntservatives. If it's not the regressive left complaining about something, it's the alt-right preaching their propaganda and complaining about the regressives complaining about something.

I'm tired of this talk of immigration and the (hopefully dying hysteria). I use to be adamantly against illegal immigration and open borders between the US and Mexico, but the issue been brought up and fought over for so long that I honestly don't give a fuck anymore.

Politics is this strange drug for me, I don't want to talk about it but I just can't really get away from it.

And when I try to ignore politics it's always something else someone's complaining about and then a lot of times politics is shoehorned into those trifles.

Anyone else starting to dislike people more?
    I don't really dislike people. I do find our current era somewhat saddening though. I have fun with people, even those who argue and disagree with me. What I do dislike is illogical fallacies, especially ones used over the internet, to validate a view, or getting mad at someone when they ask for proof, then when given they still choose to ignore it. So it really isn't the person itself since a lot of people that disagree with each other still have other great qualities, though some people have equated this to you must hate X person for not agreeing with you.

Right now is also a time where things like politics are blown up way more with the presidential election over the horizon. This stuff usually drastically calms down after the election is over. Even more so since there is at least 4 years you have to deal with whoever ends up in office people just try to make the best out of the situation rather than complaining 24/7. Not saying people don't still complain, but it definitely calms down.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.