Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Eleccybubb @Sorrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with the system if people need to be that OCD in order to get a house and everyone that has to have a real life on patchday gets booted automatically.

No further proof is needed.
    The fact that this time around the housing prices are lower ...

I really should just give up getting a house shouldn't I. :/

PS : It's so odd that F2P MMOs like Rift and Wildstar, run by what is now just a skeleton crew as they both circle the drain, can manage unlimited housing. Yet a subscription MMO run by an established developer like Square Enix is struggling like we are asking them to climb Mt Everest.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Hooooooly shit that caster/healer gear is sexual. Just as awesome as the VA set imo.
    Meh, not really my thing. I'll reserve final judgment for when I see it in game though.

@SC: Yah. @ 3-3.75mil, no one will play the waiting game for a small one, hoping that the prices drop. They will sell pretty much instantly.

Rift and Wildstar don't have to accommodate console players - and whilst both boast a portion of loyal players they're not exactly thriving these days.

Anyway! This may have been linked already but here's an interesting article:

https://squareportal.net/2016/05/26/...ours-and-more/

New hairstyles, emotes, minions, gear and it also shows off some of the new bosses.

I'm hoping that the patch also gives us more Triple Triad cards to collect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I intend to camp inside right next to the exit see how that goes. Supposedly faster load times if you are inside as well and yes you can bet your behind I'm tryharding this .
    Oh what we did RIGHT in front of the plot sign just such a Swarm of players login issues

- - - Updated - - -

Problem is making a limited amount of something as big as housing creates competition and a surge to get yours straight away. I just don't understand why FF14 and the team don't look at what other MMO's do with their housing systems.
    Honestly what I WISH they had done was make different wards for player houses with different layouts and plot sizes.

That way fcs and players didn't share land

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Rift and Wildstar don't have to accommodate console players - and whilst both boast a portion of loyal players they're not exactly thriving these days.
    Housing issues have nothing to do with consoles. That's all server side stuff they need to figure out on their end.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Oh what we did RIGHT in front of the plot sign just such a Swarm of players login issues

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly what I WISH they had done was make different wards for player houses with different layouts and plot sizes.

That way fcs and players didn't share land
    I thought you buy a house at the entrance to the ward and get the permit at the plot?

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, not really my thing. I'll reserve final judgment for when I see it in game though.

@SC: Yah. @ 3-3.75mil, no one will play the waiting game for a small one, hoping that the prices drop. They will sell pretty much instantly.
    I'm not saying btw Granyala that people camping outside the ward and waiting to get a house is right god no it isn't but sadly it is a way to get in and get a house straight away especially on a server like ours. But like I said if Tuesday wasn't a day off for me I would be at work so luck on my end basically as well.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post

PS : It's so odd that F2P MMOs like Rift and Wildstar, run by what is now just a skeleton crew as they both circle the drain, can manage unlimited housing. Yet a subscription MMO run by an established developer like Square Enix is struggling like we are asking them to climb Mt Everest.
    Well, the problem is in the root of the method they've chosen for their player housing: non-instanced neighborhoods. It has the advantage of being more social, but it comes with the big problem: Big servers will never have houses for everyone, and people just love creating characters on the big servers.

I just got a cottage in the Mists on server Zalera. Plot was there, 2,300,000 something gils, nobody buying... I sold all the IV Materia I hoarded and bought it.

@Granyala @Eleccybubb

You two were on Cerberus EU?

And I had a hard time selling my house there before I moved to Odin

Guess I'll be snagging a small plot around the patch day, if not a medium one...

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    @Granyala @Eleccybubb

You two were on Cerberus EU?

And I had a hard time selling my house there before I moved to Odin

Guess I'll be snagging a small plot around the patch day, if not a medium one...
    Yeah according to Granyala we both are. Enjoyable server imo always something going on in PF. Just be warned if you are coming here Cerberus is almost as large as Odin so more than likely there will be a surge for houses the moment maintenance is over.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Well, the problem is in the root of the method they've chosen for their player housing: non-instanced neighborhoods. It has the advantage of being more social, but it comes with the big problem: Big servers will never have houses for everyone, and people just love creating characters on the big servers.

I just got a cottage in the Mists on server Zalera. Plot was there, 2,300,000 something gils, nobody buying... I sold all the IV Materia I hoarded and bought it.
    99% can't get a house ... so social. ><

They didn't really think this one through I believe.

As others have mentioned, they probably only thought of giving houses to FCs ... until they realised there is demand of personal housing and that there is really nothing stopping someone from forming a fake FC to get their own house. So we have personal estates now ... an insufficient number of them.

As to why they keep bandaiding the situation by releasing more plots (that we all know there will never be enough of) instead of creating instanced housing that is equal to current plots in features (except for having a "visible" neighbor) I will never know.

IMHO they should implement instanced housing and redo the current neighborhoods to have a more ... commercial (rather than residential) feel and restrict them to FCs - i.e. those neighborhood houses will be FC HQs.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

As others have mentioned, they probably only thought of giving houses to FCs ... until they realised there is demand of personal housing and that there is really nothing stopping someone from forming a fake FC to get their own house. So we have personal estates now ... an insufficient number of them.

As to why they keep bandaiding the situation by releasing more plots (that we all know there will never be enough of) instead of creating instanced housing that is equal to current plots in features (except for having a "visible" neighbor) I will never know.

IMHO they should implement instanced housing and redo the current neighborhoods to have a more ... commercial (rather than residential) feel and restrict them to FCs - i.e. those neighborhood houses will be FC HQs.
    I have to agree with Mr NaCl here. When most of the playerbase doesn't own a house it's not social whatsoever. His Mgs5 proposal I disagree with personally but that's just me. However if FF14 could somehow adopt Rift or Wildstar's system then that would work because everyone could get a house. Housing should never restrict players from getting one whatsoever which sadly FF14 does with it's limited amount of houses.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-05-26 at 05:39 PM.

Or, better yet, just leave that housing there for people who want to have a house in a neighborhood, then offer instances housing for cheaper. Give the players the choice of what environment they want their house in. Choice is always better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is the Ishgard residence coming in 3.3 still or did they postpone it?
    Its intended for after 3.3

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Or, better yet, just leave that housing there for people who want to have a house in a neighborhood, then offer instances housing for cheaper. Give the players the choice of what environment they want their house in. Choice is always better.
    At a risk of destroying what limited buy-in I have,

Private estates -

• Instanced.
    • One time payment.

IMHO it's as social as SE wants it to be. Imagine ... <cheesy dream music> being able to send a chauffeur to pick up anyone and bring them to you estate. It will just appear out of the sky landing in front of the person, they click on it, and they are zone to your estate flying towards your personal landing area.

FC estates -

• Part of instanced-neighborhood like now.
    • Low upfront payment in Gil but you must pay rent with a special currency.
    • FC missions, e.g. resource gathering trips in Dihiem, clearing raids, even guild vs guild PVP ..., will be provided paying in the special currency.
    • Other than paying rent, the special currency can be used to buy other stuff from a special FC vendor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought you buy a house at the entrance to the ward and get the permit at the plot?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying btw Granyala that people camping outside the ward and waiting to get a house is right god no it isn't but sadly it is a way to get in and get a house straight away especially on a server like ours. But like I said if Tuesday wasn't a day off for me I would be at work so luck on my end basically as well.
    Nope at the plot itself

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post

Anyway! This may have been linked already but here's an interesting article:

https://squareportal.net/2016/05/26/...ours-and-more/

New hairstyles, emotes, minions, gear and it also shows off some of the new bosses.

I'm hoping that the patch also gives us more Triple Triad cards to collect.
    Interesting...they have those armor sets I (along with others) suspect lumped in with the crafting gear. Seeing we just got the 220 set, which will still be reasonably useful, I don't think those sets would be crafted. Wouldn't expect new DoW/M crafted gear until 3.4.

Now for reason to participate in Gold Saucer stuff this weekend:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Its intended for after 3.3
    3.4 together with the Apartments, me thinks.

BTW, do we really need big annoying gif signatures here? I't a disease in the official Ff-XIV forums as well. >.<

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Interesting...they have those armor sets I (along with others) suspect lumped in with the crafting gear. Seeing we just got the 220 set, which will still be reasonably useful, I don't think those sets would be crafted. Wouldn't expect new DoW/M crafted gear until 3.4.

Now for reason to participate in Gold Saucer stuff this weekend:

1M MGP ...

Farming the Indolent Imperial I think I should be able to get there around the time I'm eligible for senior benefits.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, do we really need big annoying gif signatures here? I't a disease in the official Ff-XIV forums as well. >.<
    3.3 is going to be a long patch heh.

Things slated for 3.4,
    Apartments
    New Ishgard housing
    SMN pet glamour that better allow us to glamour the Egis to Carbies or I'm going to pull a Daenerys.

That's a lot of work ...

1M MGP ...

Farming the Indolent Imperial I think I should be able to get there around the time I'm eligible for senior benefits.
    Yeah, I'm at all of a whopping 15k right now. It's a long term goal I'll work toward, that's for sure. Right now I'm more focused on getting DoH/L classes to 60.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm sorry I changed my sig to something I like that's barely bigger than the non gif sig I had before. If it really bothers you that much, turn off sigs in the settings or use ad-block to block it.