Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Do you understand that dailies are randomly generated for each individual player? So not everyone would have a "Play 2 defensive hero's" daily. Plus, they could get more creative with the dailies in Overwatch, they wouldn't have to be copy pasted from HotS and HS. They could be something like "Spend 2 minutes on an Objective" or something.

It's pretty easy getting loot boxes, but they are random. I've gotten 2 legendary skins so far but they are for characters that I really don't like, daily quests could be a slow but reliable way of working towards the skin you want. I'm thinking like 50 credits a day, which would mean it would take you 20 days to get 1 legendary skin. That is hardly fast.

As for free? I already gave Blizzard my money, so you're damn right I expect to be able to get the skins I want for free. Right now, I really want the Hanzo wolf legendary skin, but I have NO idea when I'll be able to get it. I could get it in my next loot box. I could get enough credits over the course of my next 10 loot boxes, or it could be a long time before I am able to get that skin. Randomness is okay to an extent but you should also be able to have some control over what you want to work towards next.
    And you will get it.
    Not random at all.
    Get 1000 credits which is like 10 to 30 lootboxes and you get it.
    So get to level 30 and you'll have it guaranteed.

No need for more shit from other games to be put into a team based shooter.
    If I want quests I will go play WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    It's way, way too much work to rightclick names and click mutes on literally thousands of people. The game should have an option to mute chats completely, just like HotS. It's needed, because 99.999% of the people out there have nothing worthwhile to say in chats, and most of them are just annoying as hell.
    While the options to block, mute, or avoid them are there, that wasn't what I meant. I meant grow a thicker skin and just ignore whatever the hell they're saying and keep going about your business. At least the rest of the team would know they didn't have support anymore, either way. There's simply no excuse for not straight up telling your team you're swapping from support to something else.

I had a very close game where our Mercy the entire match decided he'd be more effective as a Bastion at the end so he just said "I'm switching, someone else take support". So I did. And we won. Because he said something and I knew what was going on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I meant grow a thicker skin
    I don't want to. I like knowing that when I come across annoying people I'll be annoyed. I just don't want to listen to those annoying people, ever. Now, you might say "well sad day for you then", and you'd be right. However, Blizzard understood with HotS that player chats ruin games, and they gave the option to block all chats. They just need to get their heads out of their asses and understand that they need to give that same feature in this game.

ignore whatever the hell they're saying and keep going about your business
    It's fun going about your business and enjoying your game when there's this huge block of text you can't hide messing up your screen when some monkey decides to spam it 24/7 or when there's some huge flame war going on where most of the 11 other players in the game are taking part in. It's an annoyance, it ruins the fun in the game, so an option to hide it should be there.

Just like in HotS. I'll just throw that in there, because it's not something unheard of that I am/we are suggesting.

At least the rest of the team would know they didn't have support anymore, either way. There's simply no excuse for not straight up telling your team you're swapping from support to something else.

I had a very close game where our Mercy the entire match decided he'd be more effective as a Bastion at the end so he just said "I'm switching, someone else take support". So I did. And we won. Because he said something and I knew what was going on.
    I've never seen anyone in Overwatch say anything about switching characters. They just do. Constantly. You can't expect people to bother to tell others that they've switched characters. It's up to you to be aware that they did. There are voice emotes for that reason; the characters have an entrance line they say when they're switched into, and since you don't mind the chat screen, it's also pointed out there.

If there's something there's no excuse for, it's not being aware which characters you've got on your team, at all times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    However, Blizzard understood with HotS that player chats ruin games, and they gave the option to block all chats.
    Yeah, I think we're misunderstanding each other because I was replying to someone else and then you replied to me and we're talking about two different things. I have absolutely no objection to them adding a "hide chat" option for the people who want it.

I also don't care when people are switching between whatever tank/offense/defense character they think will be most effective at the time. I DO care when they start as support and swap and don't bother mentioning that they did.

It usually starts great and we'll be doing great and then suddenly we're all dying, I check in the spawn room to make sure we still have support, have a "that &*%&%$ moment" and have to either swap myself or leave, because they didn't bother saying anything.

If they swapped because they were being harassed by someone and their team didn't notice, why not just tell their team they're being harassed? I just don't understand why people would rather be completely silent than use some basic communication.

If I were to assume that EVERYONE I meet is an asshole, I would never make a friend.

Deleted
    Just now had a game where some guy kept telling the Pharah players (me included) to kill themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    And you will get it.
    Not random at all.
    Get 1000 credits which is like 10 to 30 lootboxes and you get it.
    So get to level 30 and you'll have it guaranteed.

No need for more shit from other games to be put into a team based shooter.
    If I want quests I will go play WoW.
    Whether you get credits or not is random and then how many you get is also random... Do you know what random means? You haven't provided any reasons for why this is a bad thing other than, "I don't want shit from other games in a team based shooter" Ignoring the fact that Overwatch borrows directly from MOBAs...

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem I see with quests though is people will feel "forced" to play a single hero to meet the criteria. Unless it's quests like heal X amount, win X amount of games then I'm down but nothing for specific classes like "Get X kills with Tracers sticky bomb"

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Problem I see with quests though is people will feel "forced" to play a single hero to meet the criteria. Unless it's quests like heal X amount, win X amount of games then I'm down but nothing for specific classes like "Get X kills with Tracers sticky bomb"
    If the quests are not class or role specific I'm all for it. As long as it doesn't negatively effect the core of the game: team play.
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

Deleted
    zenyatta should have a display on the UI with who his healing orb is currently on, quite had sometimes to tell who its on or how much health they have, would be nice to have an indicator. i know it puts a symbol above their head, but something more noticable would be good. like mercy has a good indicator of who she is healing and how much health they have, why not zenyatta ?

Make Symmetra's ultimate be a AoE Heal on the ground surrounded by turrets, would make more of a support and enforce her "zone control" play-style.

Edit: Also a disenchant feature would be nice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zemerax View Post
    Make Symmetra's ultimate be a AoE Heal on the ground surrounded by turrets, would make more of a support and enforce her "zone control" play-style.

Edit: Also a disenchant feature would be nice

what would a disenchant feature be? i would be up for symmetras ult to be changed though, teleporter feels kind of underwhelming.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2016-05-26 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    what would a disenchant feature be?
    Turn skins, icons, sprays ect.. that you don't want into OW credit so you can craft your own skins of choice.

Deleted
    Turn skins, icons, sprays ect.. that you don't want into OW credit so you can craft your own skins of choice.
    oh yeah i like that idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    And why shouldn't they? You have dailies to get currency in Hearthstone, in Heroes of the Storm, and they all do just fine. Those are examples of big hits for Blizzard, albeit Hearthstone more than Heroes.
    Currencies which unlock functional additions.
    In Overwatch they are all cosmetic.
    In hearthstone or Hots you are limited in your play options without those.
    In Overwatch you have every play style available from the start.

Could work if random from a pool, but not if everyone gets the same one on a given day.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    So you'd get, I'm guessing, around 25% of the price of an item as credits when disenchanting? That's what Hearthstone cards give. Although, it would probably have to be a number divisible by 5. So, legendary skin, price 1000, would give 250 when disenchanted. Stuff worth 250 would give...65? Stuff worth 25 might give 5? Something like that?

Or, actually, what do duplicates give? You'd obviously get that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Could work if random from a pool, but not if everyone gets the same one on a given day.
    Consider though that if its for a specific hero that person will be less inclined to swap heroes in a match until that quest is done. Even with a random pool for the entire playerbase, hero specific quests will damage any givens game quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Consider though that if its for a specific hero that person will be less inclined to swap heroes in a match until that quest is done. Even with a random pool for the entire playerbase, hero specific quests will damage any givens game quality.
    It's doutbtful that it'd be for a specific hero, most likely just for roles. Honestly I feel like a situation where everyone has an Offensive hero daily would be extremely rare and even so, I know that if that happened I'd still switch to another role just to get the win.

male and female variants for each class in the form of loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is that the ideas are AWESOM! All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    After playing Overwatch for a few days, I've come to the conclusion that it is quite good, but there are some things that I feel the game needs.

1. Daily quests. Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm both use this method of unlocking items over time. I think Overwatch needs this too and I think the daily quests need to give credits. 2 reasons for this: To give people a reason to play every day. Of course this isn't a problem right now, but when the game has been out for a couple months, giving people a reason to dive in every day can't hurt. The other reason is to provide a consistent source of credits. Credits are great because they are versatile. They let you buy anything you want, but currently there's no consistent source of them because you can only get them from Loot Boxes and it's random if you'll get any. This would allow players the excitement and disappointment of the loot box system while also allowing them to slowly and reliably work towards whatever skin or whatever they want.
    They probably add this sooner or later, but I LOVE the idea. Having like "Win 3 games as XXX or XXX class" or something similar would be really funny!

2. Hero levels. I think it would be cool if you could unlock the blue skins by leveling up your heroes. Maybe even an epic skin when you reach a high level. This would give you a reason to try every hero and have a solid understanding of what each hero can do. I've only played the game for 2 days but there are still characters I haven't played and I probably won't play them for a while because I don't like their style. In Heroes I've at least tried every hero and gotten almost all of them to level 5 for the 500 gold reward. I think it'd be healthy for the game.
    Yes, this need to happen. Right now, too many people are picking classes they have no idea how to play because they seem fun. That is fine BUT, after a while, when you reach higher levels, you want your teammates to know the class they play. Matchmaking games with lets say level 25 players and require like level 20+ in a hero to be able to choose it is more then reasonable. Then you can level new heroes in lower games before you bring them to tougher ones!

3. Being able to queue into a specific gametype. My personal favorite is the King of the Hill/Domination type mode. If I could, I'd play that mode over and over again because I like the round system that it has in it. Really allows your team to switch up tactics and rally together in the next round. In the other game modes when you win the match you get put in the same lobby but often most people leave so you don't really get to try again against the same people. I think Quick Play should stay like it is, but with additional options for queuing for a specific game mode.
    It's crazy this isn't in the game already. I would absolutely LOVE this, as I love 2/3 game modes. I would never have to play Payload again
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail