Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    I mean, the consensus so far is that the visuals are nothing short of amazing. I see what you are trying to say, but embedding low res pictures is not really proving your point. And even now, they don't SyFy bad.
    The visuals for the orcs and landscapes are amazing. The cities actually looked incredibly fake to me. The stone just doesn't look like stone.

It will be months before we will know if it is a flop or not. It comes down to how many $$ it takes worldwide. You will know if it is a good or bad movie much sooner.

I mean, the consensus so far is that the visuals are nothing short of amazing. I see what you are trying to say, but embedding low res pictures is not really proving your point. And even now, they don't SyFy bad.
    It's crazy how you can't tell there is a huge visual problem with the movie. Hopefully for the movies sake most people have your (apparent) terrible vision. Low resolution would make the problem less visible, not more. So you're kinda proving my point yet further.

Again, the physical shots are great. The CGI is nothing short of amazing. It's the stiching together that something went wrong, and yes it's like SyFy quality. The CGI isn't SyFy quality, the completely obvious green-screening is what I'm saying is.

I'm no expert, but even I can tell the lighting in that second picture is all kinds of messed up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Right now, sitting at a disastrous score in RT. It begs the question to what Blizzard was thinking with this shit again.

What was the point?
    I feel sorry for you, judging opinions by other people's reviews lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

A "flop" in movie terms only describes the amount of money it makes. It could be the worse movie in the world ,but if it makes truckloads of money it won't be considered a flop just a critical failure. only a commercial failure will deem it to be a flop.

I didn't realize it has been released to the theaters yet. Why would I care what 5 critics say? Maybe once the reviews hit 20K.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I didn't realize it has been released to the theaters yet. Why would I care what 5 critics say? Maybe once the reviews hit 20K.
    out of the billions of people, 20k is nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Remember about 1-2 years ago when the same whiteknights touted the positive opinions of a few critics who where invited to watch the first trailer behind closed doors as a reasuring positive sign?

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    Remember about 1-2 years ago when the same whiteknights touted the positive opinions of a few critics who where invited to watch the first trailer behind closed doors as a reasuring positive sign?
    Because not slamming a movie you haven't seen makes you a white knight?

...look, I'm all for circlejerking yourselves into infinity on the "fuck Blizzard" freight train, but simply having a pragmatic opinion about a movie doesn't make you a white knight. It makes you reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    out of the billions of people, 20k is nothing.
    You think billions of people will watch this movie?
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Right now, sitting at a disastrous score in RT. It begs the question to what Blizzard was thinking with this shit again.

What was the point?
    then your definition of "flop" is somewhat different.......movie doesn't flop if the reviews are bad, it flops if it doesn't make a profit.

by your definition of "flop" all Transformers sequels would flop, since except the first one, all others had pretty much bad reviews.....but they all made crap load of money and they are making number 5 now....

you know what movies did flopped?

Edge of Tomorrow - on budget of 180mil, it made 370mil
    Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - budget 15mil, made 16mil
    Pacific Rim - budget 190mil, made 410mil (super small profit, saved by China)
    Hugo - budget 180mil, made 185mil
    Dredd - budget 60mil, made 35mil

also Fight Club, Shawshank Redemption, Treasure Planet, Children of Men, etc

studio lost money, but all reviews were great....

which means, if Warcraft makes north of 400mil worldwide......it's not a flop.

but ofc, you already knew for months the worldwide BO for a movie that pretty much didn't even premiere properly, so it's a flop 100%

Deleted
    When has reviews ever been an indication of box office success, not a single time.

Deleted
    Is there a shorter cut down version for people who cant commit to a full length film?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dim View Post
    then your definition of "flop" is somewhat different.......movie doesn't flop if the reviews are bad, it flops if it doesn't make a profit.

by your definition of "flop" all Transformers sequels would flop, since except the first one, all others had pretty much bad reviews.....but they all made crap load of money and they are making number 5 now....

you know what movies did flopped?

Edge of Tomorrow - on budget of 180mil, it made 370mil
    Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - budget 15mil, made 16mil
    Pacific Rim - budget 190mil, made 410mil (super small profit, saved by China)
    Hugo - budget 180mil, made 185mil
    Dredd - budget 60mil, made 35mil

also Fight Club, Shawshank Redemption, Treasure Planet, Children of Men, etc

studio lost money, but all reviews were great....

which means, if Warcraft makes north of 400mil worldwide......it's not a flop.

but ofc, you already knew for months the worldwide BO for a movie that pretty much didn't even premiere properly, so it's a flop 100%
    at least in terms of artistic quality it is a flop.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    When has reviews ever been an indication of box office success, not a single time.
    That's utterly wrong.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    at least in terms of artistic quality it is a flop.
    Was anyone really gauging it on artistic quality in the first place? It's a videogame movie. Most people know what they're expecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

One critic was expecting LOTR? I can´t believe people are comparing this to Dungeons and Dragons and Battlefield earth. It is really THAT bad? If it´s not a bad video game movie, then at least it´s a step in the right direction. Here´s hoping we get a extended directors cut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Did you expect an Oscar nomination for this movie?
    The effects may get a nod the CGI was well done and the music is said to be excellent.

IMDB score is 8.3 so far, only 5000 votes, but still. Interestingly, Europeans, where it's available, are giving good reviews while Americans are giving it low scores, even though it's not available there for another two weeks.

"The prospect of a predominantly white, European realm being invaded by foreign, primitive, darker skinned hordes (they are actually called the Horde) might set alarm bells ringing in our current climate of immigration anxiety. Is this a veiled Ukip broadcast? Or a pro-Trump one?"

In the guardian review.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2016-05-26 at 11:33 PM.