Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Sounds like a bunch of hormonal teenagers thinking with their dicks killed the guild - not the chick.

Reflect on that.
    Well if she didn't cause shit then those teens wouldn't be thinking with the wrong head!

Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    Unfortunaly a chick destroyed our guild from the inside with bitching and passive aggressiveness.
    Hmm, this sounds a little "cool story, bro"-y
    Mother pus bucket!

Unfortunaly a chick destroyed our guild from the inside with bitching and passive aggressiveness.

The problem began when she started wanting to raid after beginning a long distance relationship with an officer of the guild. She actually demanded people say hello to her when she logged in and expected to get by with poor game play plus flirting.

He bugged everyone, all the time, about her and how she needed to be made a raider. She would fuck up on such a consitent basis, that you believe she did it on purpose.

The whole guild fell apart. I look back and wonder what I could have done to prevent this.

Have any of you dealt with similar behavior?
    Is your guild Shatterspear tribe? The drama ongoing right now is ridiculous regarding them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    This is why 2D will always be superior to 3D.
    Did you just say cartoon women are better than real life?

Quote Originally Posted by kurama View Post
    This is a normal situation in the game a lot of guys fall in love when a girl just say hi i'm a girl.
    Or when a man says hi i'm a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    So men playing games are all "loser manchildren", but women online are the holy grail of humanity?

Get the fuck out white knight moron. Women who play the game and go after "loser manchildren" are just as miserable and pathetic as said guys. Both parties are at fault. Hate retards like you who defend women without a second thought.
    Huh, you're a rude and angry one. And look at your imagination fly - I really pushed some buttons, it appears.

Well I never said that women are "the holy grail of humanity", nor have I "defended" them "without a second thought". That's a whole scenario you came up with in your head entirely, noticed? You're unconfident around women, that's what makes you furious and prejudiced towards them. It also explains your need to label men who don't share your personalitiy issues as "white knight morons".

So an officer destroyed the guild and it was the girls fault? Why not blame the officer and let him contemplate his actions?

Everyone leave. Re-invite everyone except those 2. Profit.

The default problem is leadership. Guilds will face many challenges, including reckless officers and members. Challenges are problems, but there will always be challenges to overcome.

Blaming the girl and the officer as the (ultimate) problem is just a scapegoat for the leader to shrug their responsibility. We all should be smart enough to know that a quality leader would have been able to solve this issue relatively easy--even if it costs the loss of an officer and a member. Those people are replaceable, and the leader can solve that problem too.

--As to what the OP could have done to fix the situation--

Get your leader to do his/her job, or become a leader of a new guild and invite all your friends to the new guild and you'll be good. As that quotes goes,

"If you want something done right--you need to do it yourself."

and

"Be the change you want to see."

It sounds like the whole guild LET one person destroy the guild, and watched her do it. It takes two to tango as they say. The guild let her get away with it, so it's as much their fault as it is the chick in question. I think the OP is skipping several steps in here and isn't giving the whole story.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Remove the woman? You just lost a valuable officer, and potentially more people if she lies about the circumstances of her gkick.
    Then they weren't that valuable of an officer. Just because someone has been made an officer doesn't mean they will be great at it. That means that when guilds have drama related to officers it usually is something that was bound to happen one day. It really has nothing to do with girls and more to do with the officer. I've known plenty of girls who have been drama free and good raiders. I've also known officers who have favored people and that causing drama.

Favoritism will harm the guild as a whole no matter the gender of members. Blaming a girl is just a scapegoat because I can guarantee you 100% that everyone in the guild was bitching and being aggressive right back towards this girl. Social dynamics of a group require a two way street and judging by many of the responses in this thread many are ignorant to their own issues.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The problem began when she started wanting to raid after beginning a long distance relationship with an officer of the guild. She actually demanded people say hello to her when she logged in and expected to get by with poor game play plus flirting.

He bugged everyone, all the time, about her and how she needed to be made a raider. She would fuck up on such a consitent basis, that you believe she did it on purpose.

The whole guild fell apart. I look back and wonder what I could have done to prevent this.

Doesn't really sound like the female destroyed the guild.. Surely she may have started it, but eventualy all the other members let her do it, so I could say it's the officers/other guild members not standing up to it.

I had a guild fall apart once. The GM was a female, and really emotional. She left for a bit and left no one in charge. We defaulted to two raid teams instead of one 25 man team and neither team got along. Then she comes back and tries to merge the teams, and half the people left right there because she didn't care to make sure they could raid. Anything she wanted, she took. It all finally came to an end during heroic Chimareon when she would Not listen to anyone at all. We just wiped using her strat over and over. So I quit. Being the only other tank in the guild, it fell apart soon after since she didn't want to fix it and wouldn't let anyone else try to fix it.

Had my current guild take a major hit last expansion because of yet another women. We had a raider afk for half an hour, so I suggested we bring in one of the bench members. She flipped out accusing us of wanting to replace her (the other mage who was on the bench was 100times better then her), and she left. Took four others with her. We recovered thankfully since none of them were all that important.

Only times I have Ever had issues in Any guild was when a women started it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

One of the biggest red flags for a bad raiding guild are one with couples where one is a good raider and the other sucks, yet they still bring both of them. I've seen this situation several times, and it's fine if you're just a raiding guild for fun, but if your goal is progression it will kill everything.

You should have nailed her first to break up their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    This is one of the many reasons I like LFR more than raiding.
    LoL awesome just awesome !

10+ Year Old Account

"AN officer", so there were other officers I assume? If it was becoming a problem they should have told him to stuff it because she isn't good enough, or leave, and the rest of the guild could have kept going as they were.

This seems like a mismanagement issue... I doubt anyone sided with him on this, so why wasn't he just removed by the other leaders so the rest of the guild could continue it's existence?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    She did not ruin your guild, your officers did by not removing a toxic player from their raids.

My friends destroyed the guild we created from a fight between the two in RL that they couldn't resolve and dragged in-game. Their bickering had other people in the guild picking sides over who was at fault which brought more tension. Our other friend who was the GM did try to resolve the mess by talking to them because he really wanted to keep them in the guild.

For two days there was some peace but they got into it again so he kicked them both out of the guild. And after that people who had sided with them earlier left the guild to join the guilds those two had created.

And the two still hate each other in RL to this day.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If trouble arises and you can figure the center of that trouble quickly, you need to pull it out by the roots even if that means kicking people who cling to her. Do it, dont explain yourself, don´t look bag. Even if half of your guild breaks away after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    But honestly, it's not a gender thing. It's stupid people doing stupid things, which is what all of these stories ultimately are.
    This. Totally this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!