Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Lol, okay then.
    And you completely ignored the rest what I said. Way to make a statement of how insecure you suddenly became of your own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    https://www.politi.no/strategier_og_...ema_2029.xhtml

73% Believe they treat people with respect regardless of who they are. 85% believe they take responsibility. 83% believe they show courage. 88% believe they are competent.

That's pretty good.
    Want to bet that the negative votes are from bitter people who got a speeding ticket or otherwise caused a confrontation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Want to bet that the negative votes are from bitter people who got a speeding ticket or otherwise caused a confrontation?
    Yeah, I don't think you can get much higher ratings than those, always some people who been on the negative end of a police encounter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    And you completely ignored the rest what I said. Way to make a statement of how insecure you suddenly became of your own opinion.
    I'm not insecure in my own opinion, I just see no reason to continue arguing with someone who doesn't know how surveys are conducted. You'll probably be going "1000 people aren't enough1!!" next, considering your "didn't ask me" response to me saying that we have surveys. So, on ignore you go, bye.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2016-05-26 at 07:55 PM.

Deleted
    I'm not insecure in my own opinion, I just see no reason to continue arguing with someone who doesn't know how surveys are conducted. You'll probably be going "1000 people aren't enough1!!" next. So, on ignore you go, bye.
    Whereas you have to much faith in how a survey represents a whole population.

Thanks for no longer replying. I started to feel as if I deserved to get pay for educating you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    5k people, and a fifth of them in Oslo. You can take what you want from this survey, or you can see how the police do during dangerous situations like terror or murder sprees. A picture of policemen i tutu's on their free time are detrimental to their image, but you trust a poilceforce that sit in a sinking rubber boat while children are being murdered, or use hours to get to crime scenes. Weird priorities...
    5k is more than enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I'm curious, does any country view their police force favorably? I'm actually not really asking you, just pondering. I'm way too lazy to go find any answers. >.>
    ............Finland??
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

5k people, and a fifth of them in Oslo. You can take what you want from this survey, or you can see how the police do during dangerous situations like terror or murder sprees. A picture of policemen i tutu's on their free time are detrimental to their image, but you trust a poilceforce that sit in a sinking rubber boat while children are being murdered, or use hours to get to crime scenes. Weird priorities...
    Does police own teleportation? So they could have instantly teleported 100 police to an island?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't think they're well prepared to deal with those kinds of attacks at all, but people seem to care more about their general safety than the 2011 terrorist attacks when they rate the police as a whole. Maybe if they fuck up during another attack the ratings will go down, but after another 5 years of doing a good job day-to-day they're sure to go back up. I'm not saying those are my opinions either, but those are the opinions of the general population. If you think they're rated higher than they deserve, maybe that's just another proof that they're good at PR.

I mean, if they posted a picture of them dancing in tutu's in the middle of the Utøya scandal, that wouldn't have gone over well and would have easily classified as a PR disaster.
    Last edited by Revi; 2016-05-26 at 08:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    I actually walked by that party tuesday evening. They seemed to be having fun, was cool to see. Fun to see my local police making headlines :P
    Making global headlines apparently.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

They took that detour.

2 hours after breivik was apprehended, the policehelicopter took of, which could have landed on utøya in 10 minutes, instead of the 1,5 hours it took the police to stop him.

Teleporters??
    Did Breivik call them and say he's about to gun down some children, so that they knew when it was going to happen? How long does it take to shoot 70 unarmed people with automatic weapons? You'd need to teleport troops there to stop it, and the obvious knowledge of when exactly it's going to take place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    a joke? what they're not being manly enough? should they be drinking beers and beating people? and arm wrestling?
    Completely agree.

Theyre people too, actually.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Did Breivik call them and say he's about to gun down some children, so that they knew when it was going to happen? How long does it take to shoot 70 unarmed people with automatic weapons? You'd need to teleport troops there to stop it, and the obvious knowledge of when exactly it's going to take place.
    He didn't shoot them all at once, they were spread across the island and many ran/hid. He was walking around finding and killing people for quite a long time.

Hard to say if they could have saved anyone, but it's possible that they could have if they weren't unprepared and messing up on all sides. Communication was a mess, they were slow out of the gate, took a horrible detour, didn't use optimal transportation etc.

The investigation later on concluded that the initial bomb could have prevented if security measures that were supposed to be in place were actually in place, and that they could have stopped him sooner on the island.

In Spain, we have a pretty cool team behind the national police Twitter.
    They give insight into the best way to transport marijuana in a plane (better rolled with tobacco so dogs have a harder time sniffing it); and of course remind everyone that it carries administrative sanctions if caught.
    Informs us when they have a Christmas party that they'd be going "all in, drinking anything we get our hands on"; so long as you don't drive and respect the norms and the people.
    Gave PSAs to popular tunes "♬Bad boys,bad boys♩♬ whatcha gonna do?♬♪ When they come for you? ♬♪ Bad boys,bad boys ♬♪ Remember: we're in 091".
    Dabbed into popular series: "if you are tempted to play Breaking Bad, you'll end up in a Prison Break scenario"

The humorous tone made it pretty popular (more than 2 million followers today; for reference, the FBI has 1.6M). It not only reminds citizens that they're actually people like any other, but it serves as a great conduit for advise, information, and awareness campaigns.

I'll go somewhere in the middle and say "Nice outfits!" and leave it to them whether to take that snidely or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Retarded police.

Keep that stuff on your private facebook if it's not related to your job, don't use the public police facebook account for that shit.
    come on mooneye clam down.

If anything I think it helps improve the relationship between the police and the populace. It makes it easier to identify with people when you know they are actual humans that have senses of humor, not just a uniform and a badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    To repeat and reiterate the point:

The Swedish police are in a crisis of confidence among the public and are failing at handling the increase in crime. The problem is both perceived (public image) and real (in numbers). They're increasingly seen as soft, incompetent, ineffective and scared of the tougher crime communities.

When that is the reality of their work and their public image, people need to see them as strong, effective, competent and capable of dealing with the new reality of crime. Showing themselves goofing off in ballerina outfits is currently detrimental to their public image.

This image might have been good if their PR problems was that they were seen as too strict and harsh, but that's the opposite of what's going on. For lack of a better term, people want to see them regain some balls and actually do the job that they're currently failing at, not see the frolicking around on their spare time.
    The problem is the management (current chief of police is disliked among the police), overtime and lack of funds. The problem isn't their image - or rather, the problem of their bad image is due to the aforementioned and not their "PR-image", and even if it was what makes you think they would then deliberately try and "damage" it?
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2016-05-26 at 09:24 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Just an outsider opinion but I don't think this is a big deal. Do they come off as goofballs when they should be trying to look respectable? Perhaps, but all of us like to have a little bit of fun. I know there have been a lot of issues in Sweden, in particular with the immigration stuff, but I don't think this and that issue go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I love this. STuff like this does serve an actual use, in that it gets people to regard the police as just another normal human instead of KILL MACHINES to be feared.
    Criminals need to fear the police. Criminals here already do whatever the hell they want because they know the police here is very soft compared to other places. This picture in reality explains how criminals already see them while working, it's not a very good idea.

Why do you think we have so many no-go zones?
    Last edited by Fojos; 2016-05-26 at 09:55 PM.