Thread: Black Desert

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Was giving the game 3 months before I decided to buy or not, seems more players are leaving than joining! Archeage all over again....don't think the west deserves games like this, they just want fast food and instant epics.
    While I certainly don't like games that are too easy, the other end of the spectrum (grinding and chores for the sake of grinding and chores) isn't appealing either.

Deleted
    last I heard grinding was made "harder" (as in more health and more damage) for the west because according to Pearl Abyss Koreans don't like grinding so that's why they made sure it was easier in KR (no idea to what extend since I never played there). I guess they changed their minds on that

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    because ... Koreans don't like grinding
    o_O wut?..

last I heard grinding was made "harder" (as in more health and more damage) for the west because according to Pearl Abyss Koreans don't like grinding so that's why they made sure it was easier in KR (no idea to what extend since I never played there). I guess they changed their minds on that
    What? That's a first... It's exactly the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I think he meant the health and damage was upped for the west because koreans are too "casual", I had read about that when looking things up where in the beta the mobs were supposedly a lot harder and the korean market forced them to get the mobs to the point you see today where they're just trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Was giving the game 3 months before I decided to buy or not, seems more players are leaving than joining! Archeage all over again....don't think the west deserves games like this, they just want fast food and instant epics.
    You're a funny person.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Koreans don't like grinding
    Koreans like grinding so much that Korean editors seem unable to make an MMORPG that is not based around grinding, alas
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

You got that wrong. They don't like grinding when it's "difficult".

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You got that wrong. They don't like grinding when it's "difficult".
    I take it Dark Souls didn't do well there.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I take it Dark Souls didn't do well there.
    Darksouls isn't difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Darksouls isn't difficult.
    It sure is more difficult than most RPGs.

Hello. I'm looking for Feedback and Opinions from the BDO Community,
    What are your thoughts on Plum & Tamer?

I'm looking for feedback and advice, on How these 2 classes fare in terms of Solo AoE grinding and if they have good ways to gather up lots of mobs together. I don't care much for PvP, so that woulden't be a factor in my Decision.

Please leave some feedback about how your game experience has been with these 2 classes

Thanks.

Also Poll http://www.strawpoll.me/10279683

Both are actually pretty decent when it comes to just pure mob grinding, tamer at high elvels does have the edge in pvp and while you said that isn't a factor, it is something to keep in mind if sat someone tries to gank you while grinding. You still want to be able to protect yourself. Maewha has received a lot of buffs recently, and while she kills stuff pretty fast and has some decent AoE, she is more single target based while Musa (blader) is the more aoe class of the two.

Deleted
    Less than a week for Valencia, interested to see how the new enchanting system is going to work. Hopefully 20 shards is enough for a TRI weapon :|

Quote Originally Posted by N1ppe View Post
    Less than a week for Valencia, interested to see how the new enchanting system is going to work. Hopefully 20 shards is enough for a TRI weapon :|
    They add megaserver for valenica like other regions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    They add megaserver for valenica like other regions?
    You mean merging all channels or all servers together? I don't think there is any plans for either.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Never have I lost interest for a game quicker than I did for this. Went from playing few hours a day at least to not even bothering logging in almost over night. Think one of the main things that got to me is being almost forced to reroll. Adding in new classes a month after release is so stupid. And being I wanted to play a normal looking human male, guess what class I picked. Wish Blader was available from the beginning.

also quit the game recently.It's a good game if u enjoy crafting/exploring/life skills/housing and grinding piss easy mobs.Combat is fun but dsync makes pvp and pve(world bosses especially) unbearable for me.This is also the most rng heavy game i played,you can be a hardcore player (play 24/7) and still have worst gear than a guy playing 1-2h because he got lucky drops that involve 0 skill which is a stupid game design imo.Hope for the guys that still play the game Daum will fix the servers and sieges/node wars won't be lag fests.

Quote Originally Posted by connection View Post
    Hope for the guys that still play the game Daum will fix the servers and sieges/node wars won't be lag fests.
    It's open world large scale pvp, it's going to be the same shit show its been in literally every.single.game. that has tried to do it. Which is evidenced by the youtube videos of it being exactly that.

Well, there goes Valencia on the 1st.

Due technical reason have decided to delay the release of the Valencia update. More information on our forum.
    https://twitter.com/BDO_News/status/736232133023371264
    http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/i...lencia-update/

Meh, not thrilled with this move. I feel the monotony wearing down my guild members and they were pretty excited for this next patch. Going to be tough keeping motivation high - mainly since there isn't a new release date...

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    It's open world large scale pvp, it's going to be the same shit show its been in literally every.single.game. that has tried to do it. Which is evidenced by the youtube videos of it being exactly that.
    ^This i'm still laughing as player who seriously think that open world server events that get loads of players on one spot can work properly computing wise.