Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sounds like the dumbass officer destroyed your guild. You're just blaming the chick cause you hate women and love gamergate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    It's stupid people doing stupid things, which is what all of these stories ultimately are.
    Yep. Any kind of competent guild management should know enough to snuff this stuff out right away. If a guild folds over it, it wasn't a very well-run guild which makes me doubt the OP's story in a lot of ways. I've been in a couple of guilds where this sort of thing was simmering and the moment I got a sniff of it I was out the moment I saw that it wasn't going to be handled in a competent way. Life is too short to waste time over stuff like this.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Truth hurts eh?
    What truth would that be?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    Obviously the guild was in ruins. But honestly, it's not a gender thing. It's stupid people doing stupid things, which is what all of these stories ultimately are.
    Yep. Too many sad losers out there (men and women) don't get that though.

There's several females in my guild, Never had such an issue. I have seen people try create these situations before, but they got nowhere, then again, it's an 18+ guild, so you wouldn't expect people to. If half your guild looses their shit over a girl in the guild, then your better off in another guild anyway, they are clearly immature. Gender makes no difference to me as long as they don't die all the time, I can recall only 1 person being removed from the raid team during HFC, happened to be a girl, happened to try shit like this on, got immediately guild kicked and everyone was 100% in agreement, because she was crap.

Quote Originally Posted by MangoSpirit View Post
    If a player feels the need to chatter incessantly and mention how they are in fact female; save yourself the hassle and gquit. Most of those types are terrible players and try to stay in the guild by flirting.
    I've experienced this, it's a combination of a girl wanting attention and hormonal teenage guys lapping it up. The moment you get any guild drama it goes to shit very quickly.

I've been in plenty of guilds with women who were really cool to raid with.

Weird, I played this game for over 8 years, been on multiple servers in multitude of guilds at different levels of casual to hardcore spectrum, and vast majority of them disbanded because of recruitment issues, people getting bored of wow and quitting, mismanagement or lack of expected raid progression. Never "over a woman". Must be I'm playing some different WOW than about 60% of posters in this thread who always have issues "because of women".

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    What truth would that be?
    That chicks break friendships. And not just in WoW, but in real life too. I've seen so many friends break apart for good because a chick got between them. You can act like we're all equal in this world, but we're not. Guys have a dick, and chicks have tits and a vagina. And they're different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    Unfortunaly a chick destroyed our guild from the inside with bitching and passive aggressiveness.

The problem began when she started wanting to raid after beginning a long distance relationship with an officer of the guild. She actually demanded people say hello to her when she logged in and expected to get by with poor game play plus flirting.

He bugged everyone, all the time, about her and how she needed to be made a raider. She would fuck up on such a consitent basis, that you believe she did it on purpose.

The whole guild fell apart. I look back and wonder what I could have done to prevent this.

Have any of you dealt with similar behavior?
    Yes. I have. I told her to go fuck herself, kicked her from the guild. Life was good. Oh and I kicked her boyfriend too, for being a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    That chicks break friendships. And not just in WoW, but in real life too. I've seen so many friends break apart for good because a chick got between them. You can act like we're all equal in this world, but we're not. Guys have a dick, and chicks have tits and a vagina. And they're different.
    Sounds like the typical loser mentality to me. As if guys don't experience break ups with friends just fine without "chicks". I sure as hell have never broken up any friendships and never would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the typical loser mentality to me. As if guys don't experience break ups with friends just fine without "chicks". I sure as hell have never broken up any friendships and never would.
    so both cant be true?

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    so both cant be true?
    That would fall under "people being people".
    People have drama, people create drama, people allow drama to break them apart. Have seen countless stories during Drama Friday where GUYS have incited drama for the sole purpose of breaking guilds apart.

Assholes are assholes, the rest shouldn't be held accountable or lumped together with said assholes by lesser assholes with a grudge against a certain group.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-05-26 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would fall under "people being people".
    People have drama, people create drama, people allow drama to break them apart.
    i mean, im pretty sure that was exactly his point, yet you felt the need to argue with him.

He's not wrong thats its relatively common for a girl to come into a mans life, not like his friend(s), and try ( and sometimes succeed) in breaking those relationships.

I dont think he ever said that men dont also do those things ( granted I would venture to argue, even with a lack of scientific evidence as I havent researched it, that men do it to their female counterparts far less often ).

10+ Year Old Account
    Female gamers have destroyed alot of guilds with the drama they inject in. But its not anymore than their male counterparts. It just feels more dramatic.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    granted I would venture to argue, even with a lack of scientific evidence as I havent researched it, that men do it to their female counterparts far less often.
    And I would argue, with the same lack of scientific evidence, that it's a pretty spread-out thing amongst HUMANS to do this, including all the relationship drama. Be it beating your partner, creating split between people or whatever.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-05-26 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Yes, i usually avoid guild with girls unless they are married and/or are married
    Hoooooo boy... Lemme tell you. You should really just avoid married folks too. Especially if they play with the SO. I've had more drama problems with married folks than I have the single variety lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been fortunate to have no drama in a guild from a girl. I've had problems come up where guys in the guild butted heads but never a girl. Although we do tease one of our officers in my current guild that its her fault that my last guild fell apart and we started up a new one. It honestly wasn't her fault. The GM was a douchebag and started shit and that's basically why people left and we reformed a guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I would argue, with the same lack of scientific evidence, that it's a pretty spread-out thing amongst HUMANS to do this, including all the relationship drama. Be it beating your partner, creating split between people or whatever.
    again... no ones arguing that all humans do it, it just SEEMS to be caused at a higher rate by females. Stop arguing over nothing, it makes you look stupid.

Been in several guilds, had lots of female players. Never had an issue due to some online relationship, or an virtual love. The problem is not existence of girls, it's you and your guild preference team mate preference.

Reminds me of forever ago when I played Anarchy Online.

Our guild had similar drama. One of the officers was with a female and she caused all sorts of shit. The guild split. This officer really liked the girl and was constantly trying to get others to come to his guild.

Reminds me even more forever ago, like 20 years ago when I played Meridian 59...this married woman's husband used to be out of town a lot on business. She got dudes to drive all over the country to come to her home and bang...that made all kinds of interesting things happen in game when the shit hit the fan and all the other dudes found out what she was doing.

The last guild I was in that I wasn't GM of had drama too, I had to quit that shit...its better for my sanity to not be involved in that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post

Did you just say cartoon women are better than real life?
    He's not wrong. 3dpd