Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Tracers ult is 'weak' because her other abilities are very strong. She has the ability to 3x dash in, plant it and rewind time to score the kill on a bastion/turret, only Genji can stop her from planting it by throwing it back at her. If you couple it with the russians ult then you will absolutely wipe out a team.
    Mei can nullify it too with her ice block. The tanks can survive it if they are at full HP, Zarya especially with her self shield. Also, you'd have to actually manage to sticky them on your target, I found that the speed in which she throws coupled with lag and whatnot to be EXTREMELY hard to sticky it on a moving target. You'd have to pretty much catch them by surprise in order to get the stick on them.

All in all I just don't find her ult as satisfying as the others. I like saving the entire team from a wipe with Lucio's sound barrier ult when a Reaper/Pharah/S76/Juntrat/Roadhog uses their ult, or insta killing 5 people with my Hanzo/Reaper/Junkrat/Pharah/Torb ult, or saving my entire team from a wipe with my Mercy ult.

Tracer is definitely one of the most fun heroes to play for me, it's just that her ult by comparison is no where near as fun or as good as her blink or time warp abilities and usually with the other heroes it's the opposite, their ults are a cool thing I have to work for to build up and then finally get to release. With Tracer it's like... "Eh, her ult is up.... I guess I'll use it..."
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Mei can nullify it too with her ice block. The tanks can survive it if they are at full HP, Zarya especially with her self shield. Also, you'd have to actually manage to sticky them on your target, I found that the speed in which she throws coupled with lag and whatnot to be EXTREMELY hard to sticky it on a moving target. You'd have to pretty much catch them by surprise in order to get the stick on them.

All in all I just don't find her ult as satisfying as the others. I like saving the entire team from a wipe with Lucio's sound barrier ult when a Reaper/Pharah/S76/Juntrat/Roadhog uses their ult, or insta killing 5 people with my Hanzo/Reaper/Junkrat/Pharah/Torb ult, or saving my entire team from a wipe with my Mercy ult.

Tracer is definitely one of the most fun heroes to play for me, it's just that her ult by comparison is no where near as fun or as good as her blink or time warp abilities and usually with the other heroes it's the opposite, their ults are a cool thing I have to work for to build up and then finally get to release. With Tracer it's like... "Eh, her ult is up.... I guess I'll use it..."
    ALL I am saying is that once the squirrels run off to chase a new shiney nut all that is going to be left in this game are people who know that when an ult is called out they need to get the fuck out and you will be lucky to hit 1 person with it unless you get especially crafty with it like Hanzo up close from behind a wall while using sound arrow to see where the enemy is. Then you are going to wish you had a 'pick someone to die' ult like Tracer.

Her ulti is weak yes BUT very high skill cap on her normal abilities.

Tracer takes skill to play just like every other class. She can be deadly as others' ult if put into the right hands.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

yeah, skill, thats why she has multiple get out of jail free cards and a free health bar refill
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

It is just you. She can build her ult ridiculously fast and it is capable of changing the outcome of a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    I'm surprised noone mentioned the Widowmaker ulti, which is by and far the best ulti in the game, and very in demand of a recharge rate nerf at the least.

A skilled sniper who hits 80% or more of his charged shots will have seemingly a permanent maphack coverage for his whole team. Widowmaker ulti doesn't seem OP when you play with nabs who can't aim, but in the right hands the ulti becomes wildly overpowered. No counter exists, and it's one of the ultis that doesn't even give a whole map wide 'shout' warning that it's up.
    This. Even a bad Widowmaker is useful by putting this up. Team 1211 is extremely useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    yeah, skill, thats why she has multiple get out of jail free cards and a free health bar refill
    That's countered by having the lowest HP of all the heroes (tied with Zenyatta, but at least he has heals). She'll die if a Bastion so much as sneezes in her direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post

This. Even a bad Widowmaker is useful by putting this up. Team 1211 is extremely useful.
    I used to think her ult was meh until I figured out the whole team gets it. I wonder how that works lore-wise... Does she send her thermal vision psychically to her teammates?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

She has a short range sticky bomb that also has a tiny explosion radius of 2 meters and only does 400 damage.

Compare that to the other explosion ults:

Pharah summons a rain of 35 rockets per second each doing 40 damage.

Junkrat summon a tire that you can control from a far, does 600 damage and has a 10 meter radius.

D VA has the king of ults with a 1k damage 20 meter explosion that also knocks you back if you somehow manage to survive.

They really need to buff Tracer's shitty little cherry bomb, whenever I see her ult pop up, I don't get the excitement I get when I see any one else's ult pop up.

As far as I can tell EVERYONE has a game changing ult. As in an ult that can literally change the course of a fight. Tracer's ult is good for killing maybe 1 or 2 people if they are close together and I manage to stick the bomb to one.
    I think when you compare it to other Ults sure. When you compare tracer as a whole to other characters, I would say absolutely not.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Sound direction in this game is pretty good. Junkrat's tire is so easy to hear coming just shoot it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Honestly Junkrats have to be pretty sneaky with the tire unless they're playing against bads. You can destroy it super easily (it has 100hp) and it recharges slowly.

If you're standing there watching a RIPTire drive down a straight road at you and you're trying to run away from it, you're doing it wrong.
    Well, yeah I did not mean it was just roll it away and win win, but I think it is much easier just to get the tire behind the enemy than landing a Tracer ball on an enemy, then agan I suck at Tracer atm :P

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Honestly Junkrats have to be pretty sneaky with the tire unless they're playing against bads. You can destroy it super easily (it has 100hp) and it recharges slowly.

If you're standing there watching a RIPTire drive down a straight road at you and you're trying to run away from it, you're doing it wrong.
    thats why those of us who are wise enough when using the Rip Tire --- you climb up walls and literally drop it on your enemies, or try to find a few corners you can turn and instantly trigger the explosion. But yea, my arranged teams easily destroy ultimate's such as RipTire, Pharrahs Rockets, McGree's High Noon and stuff like that. Rarely ever die from Hanzo either.

The more you play the game, the more you learn how to avoid and/or counter ultimate's; and when you think about it, yea Tracer's ult is pretty weak, but how do you really counter or avoid her from teleporting efficiently and sticking you with a bomb???? lol So hey, if it's between a strong, easily countered ult and a mediocre, hard to avoid ult......a lot of people may prefer the weaker one :P

D VA has the king of ults with a 1k damage 20 meter explosion that also knocks you back if you somehow manage to survive.
    The explosion on D.va's ult can be blocked by a single pole

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    Sound direction in this game is pretty good. Junkrat's tire is so easy to hear coming just shoot it.
    speaking of in-game sounds......I have some new Turtle Beach Stealth 450 or whatever, those like 175 dollar wireless headset with the 7.1 surround sound, and I feel like between that and the in-game settings. I hear a lot of characters and know exactly who it is from the movement noises. It's awesome. McGree has super loud boot steps, and obviously hear mechs like Bastion clunking around. It's great, I feel like they did really well with the sounds for this game, and I love it.

Deleted
    She has a short range sticky bomb that also has a tiny explosion radius of 2 meters and only does 400 damage.

Junkrat summon a tire that you can control from a far, does 600 damage and has a 10 meter radius.

They really need to buff Tracer's shitty little cherry bomb, whenever I see her ult pop up, I don't get the excitement I get when I see any one else's ult pop up.

As far as I can tell EVERYONE has a game changing ult. As in an ult that can literally change the course of a fight. Tracer's ult is good for killing maybe 1 or 2 people if they are close together and I manage to stick the bomb to one.
    That's why it has like twice the recharge rate of any other ultimate in the game. She can oneshot anyone that isn't a tank above 500hp with it. You're comparing it with ultimates like D.va but you gotta remember that she can' effectively charge her ultimate aslong as she's not in her mech, which is a feat of itself if you engage in combat since you only have armor in half your hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahm View Post
    The explosion on D.va's ult can be blocked by a single pole
    yea it's cool if the enemies are mentally challenged lol -- it took me dieing twice to finally realize that all I had to do was hide behind a box and I'd come out untouched.

But it does at least help you to possibly make the other team run away and give your teammates the chance to take a foothold on the objective once more.

There's a pro & con for everything in the game, and that's how it should be.

I don't know what you're talking about, I get kills with it all the time. It's a finisher, you need to soften them up before using it. Tracer is bursty.

And it doesn't get you instantly murdered like Pharah and Reaper's :P

Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    I'm surprised noone mentioned the Widowmaker ulti, which is by and far the best ulti in the game, and very in demand of a recharge rate nerf at the least.

A skilled sniper who hits 80% or more of his charged shots will have seemingly a permanent maphack coverage for his whole team. Widowmaker ulti doesn't seem OP when you play with nabs who can't aim, but in the right hands the ulti becomes wildly overpowered. No counter exists, and it's one of the ultis that doesn't even give a whole map wide 'shout' warning that it's up.
    Well it's good, I dunno about OP. I have often thought there should be an indicator that it's active for the opposing team. Though that might render it too weak.

- - - Updated - - -

Pharah summons a fraction of those rockets and dies.

Junkrat's tire can be destroyed AND he is completely vulnerable while using it.

D.Va's ult can be avoided and in fact is usually used for zoning rather than kills.

All three of those ultis can be countered. Tracer's can't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McLovenIt View Post
    speaking of in-game sounds......I have some new Turtle Beach Stealth 450 or whatever, those like 175 dollar wireless headset with the 7.1 surround sound, and I feel like between that and the in-game settings. I hear a lot of characters and know exactly who it is from the movement noises. It's awesome. McGree has super loud boot steps, and obviously hear mechs like Bastion clunking around. It's great, I feel like they did really well with the sounds for this game, and I love it.
    Yeah footsteps are really important in this game! I'm always listening out for them if I'm on my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, my biggest issue with Tracer's ult is that a genji can reflect it back at you. I like it for blinking in, dropping on someone, and recalling out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Compared to stuff you mentioned, her ult is a guaranteed way to do 400 damage. While D'va, Phara, Junkrat can be easily denied their ult damage by either walking away, or using at ability. Also, 400 damage is almost guaranteed way to remove 1 player out of equation. And almost - because of Zaryas' barrier (won't help if you have less than 350 health), Torbjorn armour, and, well, other means to put you above 400 health threshold

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McLovenIt View Post
    I think that using system like this is cheating, human can't locate things "from behind" with his ears, he can locate that something is behind, but to left, or right, or leftleft right, or rightright left - nope.
    But stuff like 7.1 surround sound simulates that pretty well, and you are able to locate where things behind you actually are because sounds goes right into your ear, instead from behind of you.

I bet you don't want to read my gibberish about human ears, so this article explains it pretty well http://ehomerecordingstudio.com/binaural-hearing/
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Her ultimate is fine for a multitude of reasons.

First off when played well she doesn't die, and against half the targets in the game she can build her ultimate insanely fast, especially if there are tank like characters present in the game (which there are usually 1-2).

Depends on the map as well, but it's insanely strong on payload maps or the very small capture point maps where people are just hugging each others nuts. You don't have to have particularly good aim with it on the payload ones (sometimes just throwing it on the payload will get results), but if you attach it in the final seconds of overtime where people are frantically trying to tag the point on a payload map, well, you can wipe entire teams.

Lastly shes combos well with Zaryas ultimate, but to be fair anything in the game combos well with her ultimate typically.

Ultimates are meant to have counters, and Tracers does have drawbacks. The range is small, and there are a few heroes that can outright live through it, or active immunities to prevent it from doing anything. It doesn't have the most damage potential on paper as many ultimates in the game, but it doesn't have too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to think her ult was meh until I figured out the whole team gets it. I wonder how that works lore-wise... Does she send her thermal vision psychically to her teammates?
    GIS and image recognition linked to AR.