Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why doesn't Garona look bad?

Isn't she supposed to be ugly as fuck?

Edit: I'm talking about the movie Garona.

Edit 2: Tyrion Lannister is described as ugly as shit in Asoiaf novels, but he's been played by a handsome guy in tv series. People don't wanna see ugly ppl on screen, it's that simple. That's why Paula Patton plays Garona.
    Last edited by Felpacino; 2016-05-28 at 12:47 PM.

Source? Or is this just a passive aggressive feminist thread complaining about the movie industry casting attractive females?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Source? Or is this just a passive aggressive feminist thread complaining about the movie industry casting attractive females?
    This... All children of horde are beautiful in the eye of the earth mother.

Personally I think it's just that she's not muscular enough. I always envisioned Garona as basically a mini She-Hulk. Not green human with tusks.

this:

vs

this:

She was described in the pre-quel to the movie, the book of Durotan aswell to be very thin compared to other orcish females, this is most likely due to the Draenei genes in her though, but yeah... She`s spicy ^^

It's Hollywood, as if a moderate looking woman would ever have a lead role without it being "The catch" (like Precious).

Deleted
    I'm slightly bothered that she looks like a human with green paint on her. Shes not even that good of an actress, is she the only women willing to play an alien or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    It's Hollywood, as if a moderate looking woman would ever have a lead role without it being "The catch" (like Precious).
    Gabourey Sidibe is not "moderate looking", at least not where I live. But I agree, Garona could have been a bit more muscular and orc-like. Not that it matters too much, but since they apparently got the visuals right for the orcs, the magic and the environment, it's a shame they didn't make her quite as stylized.

7+ Year Old Account
    Looking for Garona's super-cut muscles is not something I would be doing.

Gotta imagine I'm in the vast majority. o.O
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Movie-Garona is kickass!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    I'm slightly bothered that she looks like a human with green paint on her. Shes not even that good of an actress, is she the only women willing to play an alien or something?
    The featurette on the front page said that she is pretty much that.

For Garona to get the amount of green we needed it would require a lot of (something I can't make out) makeup so we filmed Paula Patton without any makeup and turned her skin green in post.
    The green is post-production.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felpacino View Post
    No not at all, have you read anything?! She was quite the looker.

I feel like a lot of people in here don't realize that Garona is only half-orc. Draenei are beautiful.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

She wasn't ever supposed to be 'ugly' really, just in between orc and human and with the usual half breed racism baggage.

I think they fucked up with Paula Patton as Garona. She should've been more CGI than live action. It looks like a shitty cosplay honestly.

She just hasnt in WoW been given a unique model, for whatever reason. Kinda surprised that she was pretty generic in Cata.

Though in the movie, Paula should had either gotten more ripped or been cgi'd more muscles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I feel like a lot of people in here don't realize that Garona is only half-orc. Draenei are beautiful.
    ^this right here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felpacino View Post
    When I first heard of the character, she was supposed to look like this.

Not really ugly.

She doesn't even look like an orc or draeni in the movie.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight