Page 53 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I remember when the helms were added, never heard of anything happening with them though. What happened?
    People would kick player with them out of dungeon groups and LFR cause it was considered welfare item being you bought it. It ahd a huge megathread on this forum and wow forums and ppl talked about it in trade all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    People would kick player with them out of dungeon groups and LFR cause it was considered welfare item being you bought it. It ahd a huge megathread on this forum and wow forums and ppl talked about it in trade all the time.
    Seriously? They're just a cosmetic item though how would that affect any gameplay or anything? Eh, old news anyway. I never bought any of them, still haven't but I've always thought they looked cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skarzog View Post
    At a certain point it seems like people want the game tailor made to fit every possible sensibility.

I want scripted group content - > Raids
    Its too hard! - > LFR
    Its too easy! -> Mythic
    Too many people - > Dungeons
    Too many people and too hard - > Normal Mode Dungeons
    Too many people and too easy - > Mythic Dungeons
    Too many people and still too easy! - > Mythic + Dungeons
    Screw dragons, I want to kill Billy! - > PvP
    I want to prove I'm better than Billy in a controlled manner - > Arenas
    I don't like people at all - > World Content/Daily Hubs

I don't like people at all and want challenging scripted content which forces me to create strategies to overcome in a creative manner, preferably without outside interference. -> Proving grounds
    ... but I want loot too -> Do you want Dark Souls? Cause it really sounds like you want Dark Souls.
    Lol I like this. Feels extremely true honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Seriously? They're just a cosmetic item though how would that affect any gameplay or anything? Eh, old news anyway. I never bought any of them, still haven't but I've always thought they looked cool.

Never underestimate how dumb people can be over complete non-issues.

I'm with you, though; I never once recall people being booted from groups due to buying those things. I think I recall all of 2 or 3 people in my guild (at that time) that bought one. Sure, I viewed them as a waste of money, but it's their money and not mine, so they are free to spend it on what they want, as I am in how I spend my money.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Haters are going to hate. Which is all this really is a case of. I might have laughed at a few people in my raid that bought it but truth be told it was short and soon forgotten. A really dumb reason to treat someone like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    That was just beyond fucking childish and petty back in ToT.
    God agreed. As someone who was a big alt guy with a main raider. Dealing with those fools in LFR was so annoying. Who cares who bought what lets just pull and kill stuff. Nah, lets kick the tank with the store helm to feel cool so we can sit here for 30 min waiting on another tank.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Sadly there is no room for that unless you'd appreciate lfr difficulty for everyone.
    Yes. One difficulty would have to be near the peak of the player distribution. That would be LFR or near it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Some people like mindless farming.....
    It's odd how everything becomes all or nothing. Raid all the time or no raiding; mindless farming is dismissed as if it's the only thing a player would be doing. I actually enjoy mindless farming from time to time although not all the time. Anyone with a collection profession can probably relate to this. Going out to farm for mats can be pretty enjoyable if that's what you are in the mood to do. Why anyone would do farming all the time is a mystery to me but if that's what floats someone's boat more power to them. But there's always the grey area of going out to farm for a half-hour or so while waiting for something else or just to do it. So many who post approach any topic in this binary off-on way when hardly anything is actually like that. It's really annoying at times.

It's sort of like the world legendary stuff. Am I going to be farming them for hours? No, that's not what I do. Might I go out for a bit now and then on the off-chance something will drop and I can collect some mats, some gold and other stuff? Sure. Why would anyone not do a variety of things if there's a variety of things to do? And why would anyone think that if you're out farming something that's the only thing you would be doing for days? That's just stupid.

Tier gear in Raid Finder is fine and was a mistake to remove in the first place, especially trinkets. I'm not going to run Raid Finder to death trying to acquire it. I probably won't run it much at all just like in Warlords: once through to see the sights and on to other things. Right now Mythic+ Dungeons appear to be where it's at for my personal tastes.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-05-26 at 08:56 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Good! The travesty that was wod lfr is no more! This could single handedly be the best change in Legion.
    Totally agree. Taking tier gear out of LFR in WoD was a really stupid idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    But you had tier gear. Your gear sucked, but you had tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    But you had tier gear. Your gear sucked, but you had tier.
    They meant powerful tier bonuses they can AFK their way to while they watch a movie or surf facebook and get geared for doing nothing, like current LFR does.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

i HOPE that LFR ilevel will be at 835, so <840 which is mythic dungeon ilevel!! So BOTH matter, but dungeons will be more important and we dont have to see the same content in different difficulties! So its professions, order hall sets, normal dungeons, heroic dungeons, (i will skip LFR mostly) and then starting normal raiding, then ending with heroic raiding. Mythic raiding for me is no option. but if it is yours, youre path even continues further.

seems great so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    They meant powerful tier bonuses they can AFK their way to while they watch a movie or surf facebook and get geared for doing nothing, like current LFR does.
    It's not about powerful bonuses it's about interesting tier bonuses that are unique to your spec. The current "all cloth get fel meteor" thing sucks. I'd be happy with a detuned version of normal tier just to make for interesting gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    Pretty sure this is just part of the Blizzard 'oh we fucked up- let's fix it' Pendulum swinging back hard af.

Honestly, if the LFR crowd wants tier, give them tier- those players having that power boost will make other aspects of the game less frustrating- and if you don't play/enjoy/partake in LFR- crowing on and on about game play not catered to you is just narcissistic and selfish. This isn't 2004 you're not standing on a mailbox in Orgrimmar/Stormwind impressing anyone anymore.

Honestly, everyone is going to start progressing in Normal with the Order Hall Campaign set anyway (which seems to be molded around the current LFR tier bonuses).
    Last edited by Mercane; 2016-05-26 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    I am more interested in iLevel distribution across difficulties, LFR can have their bonuses as long as the iLevel = difficulty of the content. Also are they stcking with the horrible different iLevel per boss system.?

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    I always particpated in LFR especially on a strong character running it for a fill in tier piece so I could play a certain spec (this is the problem with Tier gear btw). It also allowed me to gear alts in case I needed to switch characters or my current raid group died. It saved me when my raid died and I could fill in a couple pieces with LFR that I needed for a bonus to help be competitive when trying out for guilds or at least playing the spec that was expected, so that I didn't have to switch to the spec during progression or play the weaker spec. I hope it stays true, I felt it helped balance LFR too, so you had some good players in there doing their thing as well as the guys who barely knew what was happening. WoD LFR has been a let down unless folks were farming for ring bits and that just wasn't that often this time around.

I will echo that in WoD doing normals through the new group finder was usually faster and less painful than WoD LFR, but to me it had zero incentive if you were already raiding etc.

Thank fuck.

I had zero incentive to do LFR in WoD. Having extra sets of tier gear is awesome, some of the coolest colors of the sets have come out of LFR. More variety is always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by DercMerc View Post
    Thank fuck.

I had zero incentive to do LFR in WoD. Having extra sets of tier gear is awesome, some of the coolest colors of the sets have come out of LFR. More variety is always welcome.
    Tier isn't going to be in LFR in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Unfortunately, it is.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    That's really awesome, do we get to see the tier sets soon? How they look and e.tc.
    I hope LFR won't be as annoying in Legion as it is in Warlords of Draenor, really hard to kill some bosses like HFC - Archimonde in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Ummmm yes it is.

This is me in the beta looking at the loot table.

It would help if you read the OP or hell even the title.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD