Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    NO PROMISES
    No promises

He is already spinning.
    *makes a shocked face* People expected more?

Quote Originally Posted by theycallmenannerpuss View Post
    "First, Blizzard and Mike can make NO PROMISES about legacy servers. But, the amount they have been paying attention is incredible."

ie., nothing has changed. But they're listening.

I won't say "I told you so", but it doesn't matter, he could have posted "They said "no, not ever, shut up", and the usual suspects here would find a new conspiracy theory or myth to hang their fedoras on.

At best, Blizzard is looking at giving players something close to legacy, and addressing the problems with the current game, to make the 1-60 game more rewarding, ala Pristine. But no, the usual suspects here will be rude and bellow and stomp and demand legacy. Instead of working WITH Blizzard to get something good for everyone, you're going to belligerently stubborn your way to nothing good for anyone.

"I promised you that if the petition hit 200k sigs that I would go to the CEO of Blizzard and deliver the petition. I'm proud to say its done"

Yeah, he could have said that a week ago, but he was using all of you for attention and to get a free meeting at Blizzard - and probably walked out with a box of swag.

So, all of you who were insisting that Mark was going in there to set Blizzard right, that these meetings would ENSURE that legacy servers were going to happen, that he was leading your fight...how you feeling now? He copped out on you, 100%.

I could be mean and laugh my ass off at all of you, but I'll be adult...and only laugh a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    "First, Blizzard and Mike can make NO PROMISES about legacy servers. But, the amount they have been paying attention is incredible."

ie., nothing has changed. But they're listening.

I won't say "I told you so", but it doesn't matter, he could have posted "They said "no, not ever, shut up", and the usual suspects here would find a new conspiracy theory or myth to hang their fedoras on.

At best, Blizzard is looking at giving players something close to legacy, and addressing the problems with the current game, to make the 1-60 game more rewarding, ala Pristine. But no, the usual suspects here will be rude and bellow and stomp and demand legacy. Instead of working WITH Blizzard to get something good for everyone, you're going to belligerently stubborn your way to nothing good for anyone.

"I promised you that if the petition hit 200k sigs that I would go to the CEO of Blizzard and deliver the petition. I'm proud to say its done"

Yeah, he could have said that a week ago, but he was using all of you for attention and to get a free meeting at Blizzard - and probably walked out with a box of swag.

So, all of you who were insisting that Mark was going in there to set Blizzard right, that these meetings would ENSURE that legacy servers were going to happen, that he was leading your fight...how you feeling now? He copped out on you, 100%.

I could be mean and laugh my ass off at all of you, but I'll be adult...and only laugh a little.
    I mean I'll laugh my ass off about it. I'll laugh even more when people blow up about it and Pro-Legacy people destroy any good faith they may have earned from the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I mean I'll laugh my ass off about it. I'll laugh even more when people blow up about it and Pro-Legacy people destroy any good faith they may have earned from the whole thing.
    You may laugh your ass off all you want, it's a free country.

I'm stocking up on popcorn, because the pro-legacy crowd is about to start eating itself, in a hilarious fashion.

Oh god I love this one.

Kern: "We talked about each and every point you guys brought up. And heres the kicker... They KNEW EVERYTHING ALREADY. Mike and the WoW team has been paying HUGE attention to this issue."

....lol

- - - Updated - - -

You may laugh your ass off all you want, it's a free country.

I'm stocking up on popcorn, because the pro-legacy crowd is about to start eating itself, in a hilarious fashion.
    I dunno Kern is doing a bang up job with his posts. This shit is comedy gold.

Mike has read all the posts. He's watched all the videos (even mine, lol). He wanted to tell you HE AND WOW TEAM ARE LISTENING SERIOUSLY.
    Interesting. As was pointed out in the initial blue post.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

I like how it's just the same 2 people talking shit in this thread atm. Like, don't you guys have better things to do than sit in a Legacy discussion thread if you hate it so much, like let's say farm your carrots in the Garrison?

Oh god I love this one.

Kern: "We talked about each and every point you guys brought up. And heres the kicker... They KNEW EVERYTHING ALREADY. Mike and the WoW team has been paying HUGE attention to this issue."

....lol
    Yeah, i caught that - there was literally no point to this meeting, other than to deliver a couple reams of paper that will be recycled. OF COURSE they know everything, they're known to read ALL of the fan sites, this one in particular.

And - anyone who thinks the Nost meeting will be anything more than this, of Blizzard just bullshitting with them for an hour or two, and maybe getting a DVD of the anti-cheat code...well, get used to being disappointed.

Mods, you may want to get some extra buckets and mops, the flood of tears is coming...

Deleted
    Love this one: "First, Blizzard and Mike can make NO PROMISES about legacy servers. But, the amount they have been paying attention is incredible."

Yeah good meeting.
    You do realize that tomorrow exists, right? And the day after that etc.

Everything doesn't end in the here and now.

Kern will know how to take this forward.

Let me put it this way: if Kern can convince Blizzard to make legacy servers in a viable fashion, would you still be against it?

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I like how it's just the same 2 people talking shit in this thread atm. Like, don't you guys have better things to do than sit in a Legacy discussion thread if you hate it so much, like let's say farm your carrots in the Garrison?
    Attention mods, clean up on this post. The flood has begun!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post

Let me put it this way: if Kern can convince Blizzard to make legacy servers in a viable fashion, would you still be against it?

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Oh shit sick burn, you got me. At least my server is up and running. How about yours? Oops.

Again there are plenty of reasons why some of us are against Legacy servers and I'm not rehashing those points for the 50th time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we please acknowledge the fact that Mark Kern was forced to sign a Non-Disclosure-Agreement so if Mike Morhaime did even confirm legacy servers he wouldn't be able to come right out and say it anyways???
    You won't really hear a major official announcement for sometime if its the case they would properly announce it close to legion release or soon after, I highly doubt they want a legacy server announcement hype to compete with Legion hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit sick burn, you got me. At least my server is up and running. How about yours? Oops.

Again there are plenty of reasons why some of us are against Legacy servers and I'm not rehashing those points for the 50th time.
    And why some people are for it too, which has been said over 50 time. I'm out of the discussion at this point, you guys want to argue and hate each other, then fine, go ahead.

As for this:

The WoW Team and Mike are paying extremely close attention to this and wanted to let you guys know they are paying a lot of attention.
    So there we go, there's no point arguing against it anymore. They're working toward something and they want us to know they are. All we can do now is wait for Nost meeting next month. But they are working on things internally.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I'm not against the idea of Legacy servers, I just didn't think this meeting would accomplish anything. And it didn't. It was just common sense.

The WoW Team and Mike are paying extremely close attention to this and wanted to let you guys know they are paying a lot of attention.
    Glad to know they are taking this seriously. Can't wait to see how it goes with Nost after relaying how serious they are taking this. I hope the Nost meeting is near the very beginning of June, like the 1st or 2nd haha.

Mke and the WoW team are eager to meet with @NostalBegins and to learn about how they overcame technical issues and got things running.
    Would be cool if this solved some of the problems Blizzard has moving forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalek View Post
    Can we please acknowledge the fact that Mark Kern was forced to sign a Non-Disclosure-Agreement so if Mike Morhaime did even confirm legacy servers he wouldn't be able to come right out and say it anyways???
    You won't really hear a major official announcement for sometime if its the case they would properly announce it close to legion release or soon after, I highly doubt they want a legacy server announcement hype to compete with Legion hype.
    Aaaaaaaand the conspiracy theories start...

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post

Hey sounds good. You gas up the bus and I'll bring the snacks.

And yes I'm STILL against it because I believe it could have long term effects on current WoW. Mainly if it is a fucking disaster and fails that could harm current WoW and get funding pulled for future expansions as the voting shares of stockholders/people that make these decisions decide to back something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Glad to know they are taking this seriously. Can't wait to see how it goes with Nost after relaying how serious they are taking this. I hope the Nost meeting is near the very beginning of June, like the 1st or 2nd haha.
    Oh yes, definitely!

Mke and the WoW team are eager to meet with @NostalBegins and to learn about how they overcame technical issues and got things running.
    Also:

I can confirm: They have NOT LOST THE SOURCE CODE. But the technical issues are more complicated than that.
    So we can finally put to rest the "but they don't have the source code!" argument.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I'm not against the idea of Legacy servers, I just didn't think this meeting would accomplish anything. And it didn't. It was just common sense.
    Yep pretty much what I said this would become. "thanks for the support for vanilla WoW legacy" etc. Keep saying "Mike is listening!" Of course they're listening. They bombarded the internet in 48 hours. Honestly I am more excited to see how Blizzard uses Nost Devs and not in a bad way. I am hoping they put them on a short contract to fix early game leveling and tuning. I am still on 2018 for Legacy though
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    blizzard also hates petitions.
    anyway. why are you stalking me?
    Replying accounts to stalking you? I didn't realize this was a private forum.

Oh wait, it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by theycallmenannerpuss View Post
    Odds are very good that Kern had to sign a NDA. We won't have any way of knowing if anything was accomplished because he probably wouldn't be able to tell anyone.
    Kern mentioned on his twitter to keep questions till after 8pm today. Whatever the NDA might entail, seems he's still open to talk about it.

-edit- Just saw the twitter messages post meeting. Seems like he's already talked about whatever he could. #nopromises
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-05-27 at 12:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.