Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Oh yes, definitely!
    Haha I just quoted that also. IDK if you saw above, but basically wondering if this could potentially solve some of the issues they have moving forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

So there we go, there's no point arguing against it anymore. They're working toward something and they want us to know they are. All we can do now is wait for Nost meeting next month. But they are working on things internally.
    Uh what? They are paying attention. That does not mean they are working on a damn thing. Lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Hey sounds good. You gas up the bus and I'll bring the snacks.

And yes I'm STILL against it because I believe it could have long term effects on current WoW. Mainly if it is a fucking disaster and fails that could harm current WoW and get funding pulled for future expansions as the voting shares of stockholders/people that make these decisions decide to back something else.
    Fair enough. I like you better in debates when you are reasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Aaaaaaaand the conspiracy theories start...
    How is it a conspiracy to state the truth that he signed a NDA? Makes total sense, Mark Kern because of it isn't going to straight come out and say "Legacy Servers Confirmed!!!" and hes also not going to say because of it "Legacy Servers have no chance of happening"

"I can confirm: They have NOT LOST THE SOURCE CODE. But the technical issues are more complicated than that." - Mark Kern.

Something new that came out from the meeting atleast, the anti-legacy people can stop saying that the source is gone and will never come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha Yes was just about to post

I can confirm: They have NOT LOST THE SOURCE CODE. But the technical issues are more complicated than that.!!!

I can confirm: They have NOT LOST THE SOURCE CODE. But the technical issues are more complicated than that.
    Well hopefully anti-legacy people will stop using this as an argument anymore.
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

So we can finally put to rest the "but they don't have the source code!" argument.
    On that we can agree. That argument was getting beat to death both ways.

Mike and the WoW team want to LISTEN to @NostalBegins perspective on vanilla and the technical issues they faced.
    So essentially, from this statement I could surmise that Nosts meeting with Blizzard could make or break a Legacy server happening.

Quote Originally Posted by theycallmenannerpuss View Post
    Odds are very good that Kern had to sign a NDA. We won't have any way of knowing if anything was accomplished because he probably wouldn't be able to tell anyone.
    Usually with companies like this, an NDA is standard - like if they showed him Legion stuff that isn't released yet. I visited Apple for a day, to work with an engineer in the Apple Labs on ram issues with our Mac (long story, but was cool as fuck) back in the day, and we had to sign one, because we saw stuff that wasn't released yet.

But I bet this is the new conspiracy theory for this thread. Just watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yes, definitely!

Also:

So we can finally put to rest the "but they don't have the source code!" argument.

That whole thing has had a lot of urban myth attached to it. What I remember them saying is they didn't have ALL of it - and most of it was hopelessly out of date, not that they don't have any.

Kern: "Mike and I talked about the technical challenges and I agree that for Blizzard, the challenge is greater than just throwing up a server. Mike and WoW are committed to a very high level of qualty and polish. That makes everything more complicated when considering legacy."

And that can bury some other arguments about just firing up some emulator and letting Nost handle it. If Legacy was to ever happen it would be up to the standards of Blizz today which would mean Bnet integration and so on.

Uh what? They are paying attention. That does not mean they are working on a damn thing. Lol.

Shhhhh. Don't disturb his little bubble...

Kern: "Mike and I talked about the technical challenges and I agree that for Blizzard, the challenge is greater than just throwing up a server. Mike and WoW are committed to a very high level of qualty and polish. That makes everything more complicated when considering legacy."

And that can bury some other arguments about just firing up some emulator and letting Nost handle it. If Legacy was to ever happen it would be up to the standards of Blizz today which would mean Bnet integration and so on.
    Not true. Again, the are looking forward to meeting Nost because of said technical difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I like how it's just the same 2 people talking shit in this thread atm. Like, don't you guys have better things to do than sit in a Legacy discussion thread if you hate it so much, like let's say farm your carrots in the Garrison?
    I see the exact same thing, thats why this thread has gotten so hard to stomach with them just shitposting towards pro-legacy people every single time. I might not even blame them, because its apparently a lot more fun than playing retail......

Quote Originally Posted by Zalek View Post
    Haha Yes was just about to post

I can confirm: They have NOT LOST THE SOURCE CODE. But the technical issues are more complicated than that.!!!
    So, they lied to us? How. Dare.

Which i've been saying all along - and it's been repeatedly ignored, mocked, and distorted. Just like how pointing that out makes you "anti-legacy". But we're dealing with children and childish people in this thread, so it's not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I see the exact same thing, thats why this thread has gotten so hard to stomach with them just shitposting towards pro-legacy people every single time. I might not even blame them, because its apparently a lot more fun than playing retail......
    I find it out also considering it doesn't do anything for the idea behind the megathread. Here is to hoping the reports go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    So, they lied to us? How. Dare.

They never stated it. Posters did. The remarks I remember at a Blizzcon were that they didn't have all of it.

Which i've been saying all along - and it's been repeatedly ignored, mocked, and distorted. Just like how pointing that out makes you "anti-legacy". But we're dealing with children and childish people in this thread, so it's not surprising.
    So they aren't looking forward to meeting Nost to see how they solved the technical issues that Blizzard keeps saying is a challenge?

Well this Kern meeting did at least shine a light on a couple things.

* Blizz has the source code
    * If Blizz was to do Legacy realms it would have a high level of quality and polish.

This will bury the arguments about source code and it ALSO should bury arguments about it being really simple for Blizz to flip a switch or just have Nost use their code to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Shhhhh. Don't disturb his little bubble...
    Oops sorry. My bad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    *rimshot* Those retail jokes never stop being amusing.