Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Well this Kern meeting did at least shine a light on a couple things.

* Blizz has the source code
    * If Blizz was to do Legacy realms it would have a high level of quality and polish.

This will bury the arguments about source code and it ALSO should bury arguments about it being really simple for Blizz to flip a switch or just have Nost use their code to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oops sorry. My bad

- - - Updated - - -

*rimshot* Those retail jokes never stop being amusing.
    Keeps ignoring the looking forward to meeting nost to see how they solved this challenging technical issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Mark Kern
    ‏@Grummz

We talked about each and every point you guys brought up. And heres the kicker...

They KNEW EVERYTHING ALREADY. Mike and the WoW team has been paying HUGE attention to this issue.
    *Shock!* *Awe!*

Say what?! Blizzard knew everything already before the meeting? No, that can't be. They weren't in LISTEN mode yet!

I'm glad we have Mark Kern here telling us the truth that no one else would know about. Phew! #nopromises
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

*rimshot* Those retail jokes never stop being amusing.
    You seriously need to take a break dude...

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    So they aren't looking forward to meeting Nost to see how they solved the technical issues that Blizzard keeps saying is a challenge?
    When did I say that? You seem to like to claim things I say, when I don't.

I'll throw you a bone - yes, they're interested in talking to the Nost guys. But it's not going to change anything. Kern just said - they're in LISTEN mode - not MAKE LEGACY mode. You're ignoring everything (as usual) because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Now, make sure to report this post too, since it doesn't agree with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by theycallmenannerpuss View Post
    I've signed a Blizzard NDA. The one I signed was not restrictive. I am able to tell people that I signed a NDA, but I am not allowed to discuss why I had to sign one. I am sure that Blizzard (and most other companies that require NDAs) have several variations. If Kern is allowed to talk about his meeting on Twitter, he likely signed a NDA that's not restrictive. The level of restriction will depend on the sensitivity of the information being discussed.

A conspiracy theory growing, right before our eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    You seriously need to take a break dude...
    Umm thanks but I'll do what I want. Should I take a break like Nost did and shut down?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post

I'll throw you a bone - yes, they're interested in talking to the Nost guys. But it's not going to change anything. Kern just said - they're in LISTEN mode - not MAKE LEGACY mode. You're ignoring everything (as usual) because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Now, make sure to report this post too, since it doesn't agree with you.
    Trolling and disagreeing are 2 different things . You are clearly trolling.

On topic, you keep ignoring it by stating you are right.

- - - Updated - - -

A conspiracy theory growing, right before our eyes...
    No it's not. He is explaining to you some NDA info that you are choosing to ignore.
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Nah Eliseus is talking about something I said there. I said that it should put to rest the idea of Nost running an emulator in an official Blizz capacity. Why? Because Blizz would want their polish/standards on the project.

Keeps ignoring the looking forward to meeting nost to see how they solved this challenging technical issues.

That's NOT what Kern is saying. I'll not post what I want to add onto this, because it will hurt your tender feelings and probably get me a nastygram from the mods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this Kern meeting did at least shine a light on a couple things.

* Blizz has the source code
    * If Blizz was to do Legacy realms it would have a high level of quality and polish.

This will bury the arguments about source code and it ALSO should bury arguments about it being really simple for Blizz to flip a switch or just have Nost use their code to do it.
    Yes, exactly.

So, in resume:

1. They know everything about the situation.
    2. They acknowledge that there is both a public for Vanilla and Live servers.
    3. They are interested in what Nostalrius can bring to the table. They know of the methods the group used, but they're more interested in the custom code - the one Nost wanted to share publicly but decided against it to keep the meeting with Blizzard - and see if this could help them circumvent some of the bigger issues.
    4. If they decide for it, they'll do something of high quality - it won't be something they just throw out quick.
    5. They cannot guarantee a vanilla server. However, they will do something - is that pristine? Is that more in tune with the leveling tuning pass we've seen recently? We don't know. But there is a lot of optimism floating around and I think the Blizzard team communicated that very well.

Look, Blizzard made no promises, but my personal belief is that the level of attention they gave this is incredible and I'm more hopeful.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Nah Eliseus is talking about something I said there. I said that it should put to rest the idea of Nost running an emulator in an official Blizz capacity. Why? Because Blizz would want their polish/standards on the project.
    They can use Nost, if they really have a way, to get over the hurdle of the technical issues. Then polish it.

Deleted
    Rumor has it the share holders are not supporting legacy servers, costs too high, profits questionable.

Goodbye legacy servers, oh wait, they were never going to happen anyway!

I should know better than to respond to the delusional. Bad me! Bad me!

Question on Twitter: "Could you be a little less vague and perhaps describe some of the technical hurdles mentioned?"
    Kern: "After speaking with Mike about the internals a bit, I have to agree with him its not going to be that simple"

Again, that SHOULD put to rest how simple it would be for Blizz to make these servers happen. It is not flipping a switch and I doubt that means having the Nost people run anything.

That's NOT what Kern is saying. I'll not post what I want to add onto this, because it will hurt your tender feelings and probably get me a nastygram from the mods.
    It is a literal quote from mark of what Mike said. Nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    5. They cannot guarantee a vanilla server. However, they will do something - is that pristine? Is that more in tune with the leveling tuning pass we've seen recently? We don't know. But there is a lot of optimism floating around and I think the Blizzard team communicated that very well.
    They did not say 'they will do something' They said 'they are listening'. Period.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a literal quote from mark of what Mike said. Nice try.
    Yeah. Other good news:

Blizzard is going to have an extensive meeting with @NostalBegins to go over technical details and their perpsective
    Now that you know they are listening so closely. Don't stop asking for it, don't stop making suggestions. @NostalBegins
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Question on Twitter: "Could you be a little less vague and perhaps describe some of the technical hurdles mentioned?"
    Kern: "After speaking with Mike about the internals a bit, I have to agree with him its not going to be that simple"

Again, that SHOULD put to rest how simple it would be for Blizz to make these servers happen. It is not flipping a switch and I doubt that means having the Nost people run anything.
    Mke and the WoW team are eager to meet with @NostalBegins and to learn about how they overcame technical issues and got things running.
    I swear this isn't in some gibberish. Is it purposely being ignored? Or is the comprehension level too high? Over 9000?

They can use Nost, if they really have a way, to get over the hurdle of the technical issues. Then polish it.
    Yeah okay, keep telling yourself that. I wish you would be a bit more realistic about this.

"After speaking with Mike about the internals a bit, I have to agree with him its not going to be that simple."

This is EXACTLY what I said was going to happen - Kern would relay the interest in legacy, Morhaime would explain in detail why it's a lot of work.

But since it doesn't fit the agenda of a handful of people in this thread, that makes me "anti-legacy."

And this post will be reported.

RIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Yeah. Other good news:
    Even further support of what I stated already. That the Nost meeting could potentially make or break the Legacy idea at this moment depending on helpful they can be towards the challenging technical issues.