Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah... That was pretty much my reaction.

The only way they can rectify this is if the Cosmic Cube fucked up his history when it revitalised him... But even that is a really dumb twist.
    Seems to further reinforce how bad comic book stories have come around.

Though I'm sure that it'll get some bullshit explanation that will "make sense..." somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Seems to further reinforce how bad comic book stories have come around.

Though I'm sure that it'll get some bullshit explanation that will "make sense..." somehow.
    Leading theory I've heard is that it's some alternate universe Steve.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

im trying to look on the bright side.

MAYBE this will end up like superior spider-man where something that seems so wrong and stupid and against everything a character stood for actually ends up a pretty cool alternative vacation for awhile.

they say this is permanent, but we know its not. theres just no way.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's a Manchurian Candidate situation.
    This is what was said in the article:
    Writer Nick Spencer spoke with Entertainment Weekly about the reveal, solidifying the fact that this is Steve Rogers. "[T]he one thing we can say unequivocally is: This is not a clone, not an imposter, not mind control, not someone else acting through Steve," said Spencer. "This really is Steve Rogers, Captain America himself."

i was about to bone my girlfriend but then captain america said hail hydra and so she was like there was no way

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    This is what was said in the article:
    rule 1, moffat lies... or something..
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    did you completely miss the part where scarlet witch whooped his arse then threw him like 10 stories underground?
    Technically, all she did was use his powers against him. She made him lighten the density so Clint could slide through his phased arm, then increased his density until he went crashing down.

RE: Steve thing...

I'd be fine with it if they didn't include the 1920s crap. Leaving it unexplained makes it interesting. How long has this been in place? Is it really Steve or an imposter? Is he infiltrating deep cover sorta thing? Is he mind controlled? Etc, etc, etc.

But showing his past, just makes it stupid. I hate any "the secret history you never knew!" stories.

Of course, they do live in a world where Wolverine's entire history was swiss cheese due to memory implants over memory implants, so I'm sure the end result will be it was all false.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-05-25 at 09:23 PM.

Maybe Cap was brainwashed to be good from the beginning and this is the real cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And Jon Snow is dead.
    Well he did die

Y'all seen this shit about the new Steve Rogers comics?
    Seems kinda bullshit to me...

For those that haven't: warning HUGE spoilers.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...ocking-spoiler
    Yeah... they'll take-backsies.

"It's not a clone/mind control/etc!"

Heard that one before!

Even if they are currently committed to this as a reveal, later on someone will retcon it.

Or this is just a complex mislead.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2016-05-26 at 12:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

This captain America shitshow is unreal. This writer is going to have to write up some kind of ridiculous "it was a clone all along" hi-jinks to keep his contract with Marvel. The amount of angry fans across the Internet is staggering.

What's next? Is Iron Man going to be revealed to actually be a secret agent working for Osborne?

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    This captain America shitshow is unreal. This writer is going to have to write up some kind of ridiculous "it was a clone all along" hi-jinks to keep his contract with Marvel. The amount of angry fans across the Internet is staggering.

What's next? Is Iron Man going to be revealed to actually be a secret agent working for Osborne?
    The article already says its the real Captain America and won't be a clone, brainwashed, etc. Basically making it sound like it's going to stick no matter what fans want. Unless they write it completely out of the storyline and make it a "What If" type situation.

Yeah, I'm sure Marvel is really upset that people are actually paying attention to a brand new comic book.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure Marvel is really upset that people are actually paying attention to a brand new comic book.
    For all the wrong reasons! Good publicity vs. Bad publicity "it's still publicity" isn't gonna work for a mega corporation.

For all the wrong reasons! Good publicity vs. Bad publicity "it's still publicity" isn't gonna work for a mega corporation.
    It's a comic book that even nerds like me didn't know existed until the brouhaha hit the Internet. Heck, the only reason I even knew Steve got old to begin with was because I'm a Sam Wilson fan.

It's a comic book that even nerds like me didn't know existed until the brouhaha hit the Internet. Heck, the only reason I even knew Steve got old to begin with was because I'm a Sam Wilson fan.
    I think it's less the comic and more the character. Since he's writing this into mainstream continuity. Just means we'll have to drudge through yet another half-brained retcon à la time bullet a year from now

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, the comic didn't exist before then either... It's the first comic of a new run.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

To be fair, the comic didn't exist before then either... It's the first comic of a new run.
    Yes I know, one that most of the people complaining didn't know was being launched.

Honestly the whole thing reeks of being a publicity stunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's such a huge backlash against this too. I know they're gonna change it. They probably just did it because of shock value so more people would buy the comic just to read it and say to themselves "oh well that wasn't so bad what was the big deal?". They're gonna dangle the idea that captain America is really a nazi over our heads for a few months then they'll reveal that he's just a triple agent or something and he'll be back to normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I know, one that most of the people complaining didn't know was being launched.

Honestly the whole thing reeks of being a publicity stunt.
    Yeah pretty much... Even still it's pretty fucking weak. You can pull shit like this if the result is Lady Thor, or Captain Falcon.

But captain HYDRA? Fuck off.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30