Poll: do you

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    CM sets/Corrupted Ashbringer/Scarab Lord Mount/Atiesh/Rok'delar/Benediction - no. Things like the crafted Naxx sets and other removed world drops/rare drops, sure.

Yes. Bring everything back.

No one gives a fuck about your need for validation or how "unique" your character is. Our rewards aren't diminished by more people being given the chance to enjoy them. It's just a game. Have fun doing the activities you want to do, and stop deriving your enjoyment from how you compare to random players. I can assure you, the vast majority of them are too busy enjoying themselves to care about our past achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post

No one gives a fuck about your need for validation or how "unique" your character is. Our rewards aren't diminished by more people being given the chance to enjoy them. It's just a game. Have fun doing the activities you want to do, and stop deriving your enjoyment from how you compare to random players. I can assure you, the vast majority of them are too busy enjoying themselves to care about our past achievements.
    I don't think anything is going to be enough for some.
    And I thought that the curve achievements should be pretty good at proving they were there.
    How long before they demand that curve gives them the ability to fart rainbows and fireworks or something to make them stand out more.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    As I said before, there wasn't information to know at the start of MoP or before the announcement.

Whether or not they missed it after the announcement is their problem. But you can't honestly expect people to have this mindset at the start without any information from Blizzard.
    Look at that dates. That's not
    two months

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I don't think anything is going to be enough for some.
    And I thought that the curve achievements should be pretty good at proving they were there.
    How long before they demand that curve gives them the ability to fart rainbows and fireworks or something to make them stand out more.
    At a certain level, limited-time rewards are important to this game.

Even if only "those people" (myself included) care about "being there at the time," it is a form of validation that is effective.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post

Even if only "those people" (myself included) care about "being there at the time," it is a form of validation that is effective.
    They certainly have a financial significance. I've been playing since vanilla but have taken a lot of breaks over the years and things like the limited time MC anniversary have gotten me to resub at times when I might not have otherwise. That being said, it wouldn't bother me in the least if they brought it back again for those who weren't around for it the first time.

I think limited time achievements are fine. They prove that we were "there at the time" if that is what is important to you. In the end, I put the fun of the many over the pride of the few.

What are some items you might like to see return guys?
    Pics or just names are fine, i wish i had a pic of Staff of Metanoia.

Everything that was lost with the Cata revamp (and subsequent revamps of dungeons) should be made available in some form, including profession recipes. All of it with similar droprates from similar content.

Well, then that's fine. IF, I say IF those rewards are clearly indicated to be limited at such time as they are released, which is a RARE occurrence, and not just arbitrarily designated to be limited and/or removed years after the fact for no good reason. This goes for a lot of things like Naxx40 gear, Naxx2.0 mounts/titles, T9 chest drops, the Classic PvP xmogs, and even MoP challenge armor which after a year and a half was suddenly changed to seasonal and put under the axe.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Well, then that's fine. IF, I say IF those rewards are clearly indicated to be limited at such time as they are released, which is a RARE occurrence, and not just arbitrarily designated to be limited and/or removed years after the fact for no good reason. This goes for a lot of things like Naxx40 gear, Naxx2.0 mounts/titles, T9 chest drops, the Classic PvP xmogs, and even MoP challenge armor which after a year and a half was suddenly changed to seasonal and put under the axe.
    Agreed, plans for removal should be transparent and given as soon as possible, with reminders if they're relatively worthy. I think MoP CM was near the border of fair case, with the current legendary ring as gold standard.

Many of those removed items could at least find a home in the BMAH, if better options aren't obvious. The PVP gear returning via ratings in RBG's was another borderline fair case, to me.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Agreed, plans for removal should be transparent and given as soon as possible, with reminders if they're relatively worthy. I think MoP CM was near the border of fair case, with the current legendary ring as gold standard.

Many of those removed items could at least find a home in the BMAH, if better options aren't obvious. The PVP gear returning via ratings in RBG's was another borderline fair case, to me.
    Problem with Blizzard is that you can't make assumptions, just looking at the WoD CM rewards, we assumed that the same rules would apply and then they are giving weapons to every one after I started working on my other chars. It just makes no sense, its like they wake up one day and decide some random stuff and call it a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Yea, tier 2 is so rare.. It's on BMAH because naxx40 was removed and that's where retired items go most of the time if they come back, just because you are not able to get something doesn't mean it's a bad system. If tier 3 dropped from bwl noone would care about the sets.

Also you don't seem to understand the basics of how BMAH supply works, the gold cap has no effect on how many is able to get it, BMAH will still have the same amount of T3 pieces as always, so the exact same amount of people will be able to get it as before. If you are not one of them, tough shit.
    I concur. The other guy wants it from quest-rewards.. jesus...
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    It's the opposite, people like you who feel that every single person is entitled to own every item in the game simply for paying the monthy fee is what makes the community shit.
    Because the only two options are clearly "they are never available ever" and "just mail them all to me for free", right? There's absolutely no way they could go about re-adding a lot of the things while still making them take "effort" to get (because it was so hard to run Scholomance for the 1000th time and not vendor an item) like making them rare drops, or adding xmog items with the same appearance and add them to the time walking vendor, or add a cache that has a chance to drop them (similar to salvage yard), or any, ANY other number of ways?

That's the real kicker, here. Just about everyone in here has agreed that things like CM gear shouldn't be included. Hell even some people have included items like Ashbringer, Benediction and Rhok with that, even though they were insanely easy to cheese through and get in BC. Hardest part was getting attuned to Naxx and finding people to run the old raids.

The vast, VAST majority of items that people are talking about are dungeon/world/quest drops that just about everyone had and vendored. Hell, the hardest part about getting those items was somehow holding onto them for this long (and I say this was someone who has held onto a lot of stuff from vanilla, including a crap ton of stuff that you can't get anymore but can't even be transmogged, like bags and my Holy Mightstone).

No one is saying they deserve to own them. They're not saying they have a right to get every single item. They're saying that it's ridiculous that they removed so, so many items, often for seemingly arbitrary reasons, long before transmog was even a glimmer in the eye. It's merely asking for a chance at items that we may have sold, or just missed because of RNG gods hating us (I farmed the Scarlat tabard up until the revamp, never saw it drop on my pally. But the one time I ran my priest through there on a whim, it dropped for him), but won't get added to our wardrobe since they were drops not quest rewards.

Deleted
    No. I think they should rather remove some more items. Making them rarer makes people happy and they can get money out of those items from the AH. I think that old item-looks should be removed every time a new expansion launches.

I don't know about removed items, but I want pieces of sets that are recolors to be added into the game, like the missing ICC deathknight plate boots (Blue color), etc. that would be great for x-mog collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    No. I think they should rather remove some more items. Making them rarer makes people happy and they can get money out of those items from the AH. I think that old item-looks should be removed every time a new expansion launches.
    That's a good way to drop sub numbers faster than a 100 pound rock.

I have zero problems that certain things are not back. In particular when they tell you upfront. A great example is the challenge mode sets. They were available for a long time and it was well known when it was over it was over. I also understand certain limited time things. A good example here is things like the movie transmog stuff. If you want it be around then. It does next to nothing but say "I played then". A few things though I can see some grip. Like old Naxx going away and taking all of its old transmog stuff with it. I mean even if you like that its rare and not around anymore it is kinda strange that you have one tier in the whole game you really cannot and will not be able to access ever again. Even if it is for some stupid reason another tier later in the game.

When Naxx was removed transmog wasn't even in the game yet, so it's bullshit anyway. Nobody keeps armor in their banks to show off in cities except for RP'ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    I really really want the blue valor set and the silver naxx pally set
    Blue Valor set can be bought with Darkmoon tickets during the Darkmoon Faire, and the Silver naxx set can be bought on the BMAH ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    There is so many retired items (since Cataclysm) that at this point I think it would be faster to just reintroduce the old world as an alternative.
    In my opinion a mistake to be fixed anyway since there is no legal way to access those virtual zones. No other game in the world does that.