Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    How nice of them to let the Swedish public vote on the issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    How nice of them to let the Swedish public vote on the issue.
    They did, it's called representative democracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It was an issue raised during the elections? If not, it's nothing representative about going forward with this.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was an issue raised during the elections? If not, it's nothing representative about going forward with this.
    I'm pretty sure NATO membership and other security related issues are part of pretty much every election. At least in Finland they are.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Deleted
    Except there's quite some politicians that went "Hey, we don't want nato" before and then now suddenly out of nowhere "SURE, BRING IT ON!!!" and voted yes on this. If they're not gonna stick to what the voters think they're voting for, is that really representative? There were a lot of pissed people over that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Except there's quite some politicians that went "Hey, we don't want nato" before and then now suddenly out of nowhere "SURE, BRING IT ON!!!" and voted yes on this. If they're not gonna stick to what the voters think they're voting for, is that really representative?
    It is. Now you can argue whether representative democracy is a good system or not. But that's how it works and it has flaws - I hope this wasn't a surprise to you.

Deleted
    It is. Now you can argue whether representative democracy is a good system or not. But that's how it works and it has flaws - I hope this wasn't a surprise to you.
    No, that's not representing the voters when you change your own mind out of nowhere and vote it through when you've said you won't before. That's abusing the voters trust in you and should be able to be penalized with prison. The Sweden Democrats were the biggest offenders this time.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2016-05-27 at 01:14 AM.

Representative Democracy isn't just voting about known issues. Its about selecting people who will decide on previously unknown issues. Better pay attention to the thought processes and disposition of your representatives.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, that's not representing the voters when you change your own mind out of nowhere and vote it through when you've said you won't before. That's abusing the voters trust in you and should be able to be penalized with prison.
    I'm pretty sure changing your mind over something isn't illegal in Sweden. You can throw your temper tantrum and be upset, but that's how the system works. Representative democracy is flawed. Shit like this happen all the time due to it.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure changing your mind over something isn't illegal in Sweden. You can throw your temper tantrum and be upset, but that's how the system works. Representative democracy is flawed. Shit like this happen all the time due to it.
    It's not representative if you're not representing what the voters voted for you on.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not representative if you're not representing what the voters voted for you on.
    You can't be that dense and stubborn, really.

Deleted
    You can't be that dense and stubborn, really.
    You can't be that dense to not understand what "representative" means. If they stray away from what they were elected on, they are no longer able to represent those who voted for them.

You can't be that dense to not understand what "representative" means. If they stray away from what they were elected on, they are no longer able to represent those who voted for them.
    The whole point to Representative Democracy is more than just vote by proxy. They're specifically intended to be more focused and more informed, not just rubber stamp popularity polls.

15+ Year Old Account
    If a candidate says X Y Z C F D A E F and K things and you vote for him because of X Y Z C F things and he changes his mind about K thing, is he no longer representating you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The whole point to Representative Democracy is more than just vote by proxy. They're specifically intended to be more focused and more informed, not just rubber stamp popularity polls.
    "A policy under the rule of people acting on the behalf of and, to a lesser extent, in the interests of the voting blocks by which they were elected."

15+ Year Old Account
    "A policy under the rule of people acting on the behalf of and, to a lesser extent, in the interests of the voting blocks by which they were elected.
    "
    You don't see the forest from the trees.

Deleted
    You don't see the forest from the trees.
    You can't act on behalf of people who you no longer represent because you changed your policies. That they are allowed to is abuse of the system.

Except there's quite some politicians that went "Hey, we don't want nato" before and then now suddenly out of nowhere "SURE, BRING IT ON!!!" and voted yes on this. If they're not gonna stick to what the voters think they're voting for, is that really representative? There were a lot of pissed people over that.
    Because Russia's actions have actually changed the equation.

Like, it's bizarre to me this setiment I've seen expressed, by Putinistas and their European sympathizers (not accusing you of being one to be clear), that Russia could annex Crimea, invade Eastern Ukraine, be aggressive with borders and dangerous with its pilots, threaten to nuke Denmark.... and there somehow not be reprocussions? Like... what?

Everything that happened has happened because Three years ago Russia was passive and today it is aggressive. Their changed their policy, so peoples positions changed.

Hell 2.5 years ago the Obama administration was on its way out of Europe for good. Now? It's setting up for the very long haul.

"A policy under the rule of people acting on the behalf of and, to a lesser extent, in the interests of the voting blocks by which they were elected."
    Yes, in their interests. And when your parents made you get shots that was in your interests, even if you didn't want it. Acting in someone's interest doesn't just mean rubber stamping things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yes, in their interests. And when your parents made you get shots that was in your interests, even if you didn't want it. Acting in someone's interest doesn't just mean rubber stamping things.
    I don't think you know what "in the interests of the voting blocks" means. If people are negative of nato, that means if you vote a yes when your voters wants a no, that means you are not voting in their interests. You're voting on your own interests and you're not fit to represent them, at that point you are abusing the system.