Seems they sniped Chaos Nova out from under us. It's currently been replaced with Fiery Brand, but they didn't change or remove the Unleashed Power talent related to Chaos Nova. *shrug* I submitted some bug tickets just in case it wasn't actually supposed to happen.

jedit: where did all these new posts come from? =O

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    Seems they sniped Chaos Nova out from under us. It's currently been replaced with Fiery Brand, but they didn't change or remove the Unleashed Power talent related to Chaos Nova. *shrug* I submitted some bug tickets just in case it wasn't actually supposed to happen.

jedit: where did all these new posts come from? =O
    the icon is fiery brand and its mouse over is but it still acts as Chaos Nova.

Yeah, I just saw that too as I went to kill something.

I dont understand why Fel Eruption + Nemesis is so OP that had to be put in the same tier....

Fel Eruption does a lot of damage, and it seems it likes to crit very frequently. I can see the pair of the two being a massive hit in PvP, likely being the reason behind change.

Fel Eruption does a lot of damage, and it seems it likes to crit very frequently. I can see the pair of the two being a massive hit in PvP, likely being the reason behind change.
    we lost a button to press in this process =/

I hope we don't lose chaos nova! D:

we lost a button to press in this process =/
    Yeah, I know. This has really been the hardest thing for me to adapt to now.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at work, so I can't link my new casual build because reasons but now it's:

99: Fel Mastery
    100: Demonic Appetite
    102: Felblade
    104: Soul Rending
    106: Momentum (farewell Fel Eruption, it's been real)
    108: Unleashed Power
    110: Fel Barrage

Pending changes every week there's some kind of talent shuffle like this build put out. Now just need to get @Vanyali a bucket when he sees the suboptimal choices I made
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

Deleted
    Oh god some of these people. You express disappointment with a spec and they emmediately go "hurr durr you just don't like momentum spec cuts its so hard, you want afk spec noob"

What is this kindergarden? I play sub currently which is so much more complex then this fucking sonic spec. I just don't like having to dash around all the time. Surely there could be room for this gimmick spec. But a better single target spec needs to be made. Otherwis this havoc thing is going to be a laughing stock. At least in my guild.

"Bro you need to stand still right now cus of the debuff. Yeah man i can't. I have to charge all over the place ever 4 seconds to do damage. Sorry"

Cool story dude. Just because you think it's a stupid style does not make it so. And it's not 100% necessary, but merely something that's optimal. Obviously a good player will know it's better to let the 4% buff lapse (which doesn't even have 100% uptime anyways) in order to ensure they're following mechanics of the fight, if such mechanics even exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool story dude. Just because you think it's a stupid style does not make it so. And it's not 100% necessary, but merely something that's optimal. Obviously a good player will know it's better to let the 4% buff lapse (which doesn't even have 100% uptime anyways) in order to ensure they're following mechanics of the fight, if such mechanics even exist.
    A fight like Butcher comes to mind if you're in the group currently soaking his cleaves. VR or FR at the wrong time could get you or others possibly killed I reckon (I know Butcher is no longer relevant content, it's just the first sample that came to mind.)

That said, Momentum would clearly be suboptimal on fights where you need to be stacked or you or your raid dies. If there's no point that it's safe to bother with: take Nemesis or FE.

@Dimzum

Looking today, the WA apparent changes were on Blizz's end (they're CD'ing properly now). I can reupload them if you want the changes I've made for talent / spec / race, but those are the only changes.

Deleted
    I think momentum is a great play-style but personally I would prefer it to be a go to play-style for particular moments like AOE + Priority target switching. It's not hard at all so when people are like omg its "not noob spec" I don't think you seem to realise no spec is hard in world of warcraft wake up.

Simplicity isn't the focus I aim for nor is the delusion of choice. Momentum at the moment is too strong in its current iteration, each build as time has gone by has diminished the value of it. through both means of un-intended play like animation cancelling and the changing of the other talents. The major issue I find with DH isn't that the momentum build is performing it's that the other talents or illusions are not performing correctly. Blade dance is one of the areas that has dipped over time, the first blood talent has took too many hits and has sent us into a chaos strike spamming "mobility spec". To be fair I would prefer a play-style where I utilize all of my toolkit and the momentum build does not promote that at all.

Rather than protesting to have one cookie cutter build leaving you with shitty remainder talents, which to be fair DH is a 1 dps spec class. No switching spec to excel in other areas, you would expect it to come from the talent choices you make.

Things I would like to see

1. Blind fury removed or changed, sorry but this has survived way too long. Either nerf eyebeam and re-imburst it into Blind fury, it's no joke eye beam is overpowered.
    2. Fel mastery changed into more than 1 target to promote the very thing I believe a momentum build should be for.
    3. Bloodlet to be moved elsewhere and allowing a full sustained patchwerky fight through involving both throw glaive and blade dance.
    4. First blood to be the superior single target talent choice.
    5. Felblade to be changed into a splash attack based of the target and proximity around it. ( Doing FEL damage not Fire >.> )
    6. Fel eruption is stupid and blizzard has already taken this kind of thing away from warriors and enhancement why is residue thing still around.
    7. Demon reborn removed, changed or what ever.
    8. Fel barrage I don't even just change it completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekuto View Post
    @Vanyali I found a thing.

LMAO that's hilarious since he plays a druid on live xD

Well its seems we got av cookie cutter build properly now. Unleashed Will be the best in 108 row due to artifact but the row is still horrendous. And why is DR still a thing!?

SO spec seems to be as follows:

CC, Prep, FelB, SR, Mom, UP, Demonic

Fel barrage still needs to trigger more often for it to be worth it and Chaos Blades isn't worth it atm.
    Last edited by Sangomah; 2016-05-27 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Oh god some of these people. You express disappointment with a spec and they emmediately go "hurr durr you just don't like momentum spec cuts its so hard, you want afk spec noob"

What is this kindergarden? I play sub currently which is so much more complex then this fucking sonic spec. I just don't like having to dash around all the time. Surely there could be room for this gimmick spec. But a better single target spec needs to be made. Otherwis this havoc thing is going to be a laughing stock. At least in my guild.

"Bro you need to stand still right now cus of the debuff. Yeah man i can't. I have to charge all over the place ever 4 seconds to do damage. Sorry"
    You've been doing this across multiple forum now, saying a spec is too easy while likewise saying it's difficult to manage - which usually means you are struggling to play it properly and just being derogatory to hide the fact. You then go on a childish rant while accusing others of being in kindergarden. Maybe just stick to doomsaying in the legion general forums, I have no idea why I thought you might actually learn/improve if you came here considering you refused to in those threads
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Can't say if the last build improved the talent tree gameplaywise, but I looks to me like the tiers have reasonable clear themes now.
    99: AoE/Cleave tier
    100: Fury generation
    102: Pick a rotational ability
    104: Surviablility
    106: Damage increase
    108: Utility
    110: The big fancy, max level stuff.

So I guess it's an improvement?

Looks like they just need to shuffle it around so it's playable at 100 (for the month we'll be there) and we'll be in a good spot.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."