Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    By the way, "Draenei Mother" isn't Garona's mommy.
    What'd you rate the movie again? You've been kinda critical and realistic... I trust your opinion and Harbour's the most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    What'd you rate the movie again? You've been kinda critical and realistic... I trust your opinion and Harbour's the most.
    That's... unexpected.
    I rated the movie a 8/10, but a 7/10 for non-fans. It's a thoroughly entertaining movie that is held back by pacing issues that were seemingly created by cut content. If an extended edition/director's cut comes out (We know Duncan has a bunch of scenes left over and wants to make such an edition) and fixes some of those issues, I believe it's a 9/10 for fans, and 8/10 for non-fans.

Please note that, unless I deem something less than 5/10 (bad), I don't let it drag down the score.
    Last edited by mmoc1f28493424; 2016-05-27 at 01:43 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Could you give us a full spoiler summary please?

Who dies, who lives, any plot twists, etc. Anything worth mentioning. It's the plot I'm interested in.
    The caged frostwolf dies, Draka dies, Durotan dies, Medivh dies, Llane dies, Lothar's son dies (a seriously messed up scene. As Lothar is watching, Blackhand happily kills him with a thrust while smiling)...

Taria is Lothar's sister, Thrall was dead when he was born, revived by Gul'dan. Draka's pregnantcy was only known to Durotan (and maybe Orgrim). Llane tells Garona she has to kill him to keep peace between the orcs and humans (in other words, she is stealing the kill from Blackhand). Draka manages to kill her attacker at the river, but ends up getting stabbed in the process and the last thing she sees is her baby flowing away. Orgrim betrays Durotan at meeting in the valley, which results in the whole frostwolf clan getting murdered, but Orgrim manages to "save" Draka. Orgrim frees a captured Durotan and in return Durotan punches and knocks down Orgrim. At the end, Lothar kills Blackhand in a duel and avenges his son. Gul'dan orders the orc to kill Lothar right after, but they refuse because he won fairly and they let him leave with Llane's corpe in peace. Because Garona killed Llane she is being hornered by the other orcs and Gul'dan. After the big battle, Orgrim returns to the corpse of Durotan and breaks off one of his tusk and says he will give it to his son, so he always will remember what a great orc his father was. We will problaby see him wear it in the future.

The very end of the movie shows Thrall flowing down the river and is found by humans... Pretty much confirming a sequel is highly possible!

That was some of the things XD
    Last edited by Tornwar; 2016-05-27 at 02:01 AM.

Deleted
    Tornwar, what did you think of the humor in the movie? I personally enjoyed it quite a bit.

Tornwar, what did you think of the humor in the movie? I personally enjoyed it quite a bit.
    It was really good! I loved the Khadgar turning a guard into a sheep scene!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    It was really good! I loved the Khadgar turning a guard into a sheep scene!
    Yeah, that scene was hilarious. I also really enjoyed the mating discussion between Khadgar, Lothar, and Garona.

The caged frostwolf dies, Draka dies, Durotan dies, Medivh dies, Llane dies, Lothar's son dies (a seriously messed up scene. As Lothar is watching, Blackhand happily kills him with a thrust while smiling)...

Taria is Lothar's sister, Thrall was dead when he was born, revived by Gul'dan. Draka's pregnantcy was only known to Durotan (and maybe Orgrim). Llane tells Garona she has to kill him to keep peace between the orcs and humans (in other words, she is stealing the kill from Blackhand). Draka manages to kill her attacker at the river, but ends up getting stabbed in the process and the last thing she sees is her baby flowing away. Orgrim betrays Durotan at meeting in the valley, which results in the whole frostwolf clan getting murdered, but Orgrim manages to "save" Draka. Orgrim frees a captured Durotan and in return Durotan punches and knocks down Orgrim. At the end, Lothar kills Blackhand in a duel and avenges his son. Gul'dan orders the orc to kill Lothar right after, but they refuse because he won fairly and they let him leave with Llane's corpe in peace. Because Garona killed Llane she is being hornered by the other orcs and Gul'dan. After the big battle, Orgrim returns to the corpse of Durotan and breaks off one of his tusk and says he will give it to his son, so he always will remember what a great orc his father was. We will problaby see him wear it in the future.

The very end of the movie shows Thrall flowing down the river and is found by humans... Pretty much confirming a sequel is highly possible!

Most of that sounds alright but I fear they absolutely ruined Orgrim.

He's supposed to be Durotan's best friend and incredibly smart ( maneuvering his way out of drinking Mannoroth's blood, outsmarting the entire Alliance in the Second War ). What they did to him... making him a Frostwolf and voiding his greatest moments... ugh.

Deleted
    Most of that sounds alright but I fear they absolutely ruined Orgrim.

He's supposed to be Durotan's best friend and incredibly smart ( maneuvering his way out of drinking Mannoroth's blood, outsmarting the entire Alliance in the Second War ). What they did to him... making him a Frostwolf and voiding his greatest moments... ugh.
    He was a great leader, but he was always more brawns over brains. They probably plan to expand upon him in the next movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    My point was about the fall of stormwind which didnt happen because DUncan said he wanted it to stand as it own.
    FOr me if he had included it, it would be better.
    Problem is, Stormwind is kinda the "center of the world" in this movie. Wipe it out to push Lothar and others into some unknown place not even shown in the movie could have looked very confusing, coupled with the shock for the very unusual finale (especially for a summer blockbuster). One merit of Duncan's finale is that it better build up the suspence for "what is coming next", the sensation that "war is coming" and will be nothing like shown in the first movie.

He was a great leader, but he was always more brawns over brains. They probably plan to expand upon him in the next movie.
    Yes and no. He's kinda smart in his own things, but somewhat cynical compared to Durotan, far less sentimental as well.

Overall, I guess this movie was more a setup for him. I have no doubts Durotan was more fleshed out, but he also dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw the movie. In short... it was ok. Definitely not bad!

The good clearly outweighed the bad. i give it a 6.5/10. Go see it.

The directors cut will fix a lot of the "bad" but what can't be fixed is the portrayal of Grommash Hellscream. seriously WTF?!
    Last edited by Masser; 2016-05-27 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    Just saw the movie. In short... it was ok. Definitely not bad!

The good clearly outweighed the bad. i give it a 6.5/10. Go see it.

The directors cut will fix a lot of the "bad" but what can't be fixed is Grommash Hellscream. seriously WTF?!
    To be fair, Grom didn't really have a role in the First War.

How does everyone die?

- - - Updated - - -

But that's not true.

He:

1. Tricks the ENTIRE Horde into letting him not drink the blood by pretending to be unworthy of it.

2. Tricks the entire Alliance and invades Quel'thalas out of nowhere. He nearly wins the war but Gul'dan's betrayal and his decision of putting honor before victory costs him said war.

3. He ESCAPES the Undercity ( Lordaeron's sewer-jail system ) and makes his way back to the orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post
    To be fair, Grom didn't really have a role in the First War.
    Grom was left on Draenor.

He only shows up after the Horde loses the Second War, when Ner'zhul gathers what was left of the orcs.

10+ Year Old Account

Grom was left on Draenor.

He only shows up after the Horde loses the Second War, when Ner'zhul gathers what was left of the orcs.
    In the novel yes, hes here along with other chieftains but they aren't prominant.

Also, why do people want to be completely spoiled with the movie coming out so soon in pretty much everywhere? oO

How is the music? Did Ramijn do a great job? I wish Hans Zimmer worked on this =/

10+ Year Old Account
    And the film keeps on dropping on RT. Yup, the east can still save it, but thats about it. I'm still as hyped as I've always been, mainly because I knew this movie wouldn't click with a lot of critics, apart from the aperant pacing issue.

After BvS I learned not to trust critics. They completely trashed the film and it was way better than a lot of Marvel movies that got way higher scores.

After BvS I learned not to trust critics. They completely trashed the film and it was way better than a lot of Marvel movies that got way higher scores.
    Uhhh...no. BvS is one of the worst superhero films of all time. 27% is still far too generous for that piece of crap.

So someone just asked Duncan if critics are corrupt and he liked the comment. Could mean some behind the scenes monopoly going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    So someone just asked Duncan if critics are corrupt and he liked the comment. Could mean some behind the scenes monopoly going on.
    ''vidya gamez'' ''not lord of the rings'' ''not game of thrones'' ''cgi''.

I think at this point it's whatever, generally the public seems to really like it / enjoy it, I don't care about the critics anymore tbh, I was kinda ready for it too. I do imagine Duncan does, which must suck.

And it's mostly still America's critics, which are the ones being counted in RT lol, because why the hell not.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2016-05-27 at 04:03 AM.