Page 31 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Deleted
    So I just watched a review thats on mmos front page

the 'hardcore' fan who said he enjoyed it then moaned about it did not even know how to say Medivh even after being a 'hardcore' fan and seeing the film so I think I'll use my own judgement on Sunday when I see it.

You guys are quick to judge, just because it's a video game movie doesn't mean it's going to flop or fail, look at the Resident Evil movies, they're good movies and made after a video game.

Half of you people want this movie to fail because you've got some sort of deep, buried inner hatred for anything Warcraft. Hop off if you don't like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VTerpsichore View Post
    Thats kinda funny being that true fans of something are more critical than anyone else.
    Most, if not all, the resident evils are horrid, yet we still watch them.

Your comment sounds more like a fuckboi problem.
    The Resident Evil movies are awesome bro, check your privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Hmm, interesting you should mention obscure things like facts. WoW itself has a much bigger audience in Europe now than the US anymore. Maybe... we just outgrew WoW over here?

Standing on the outside looking in remembering how much I used to love Blizzard games... I now see them for what they are: over-hyped poorly balanced and lazily designed crap. Someday, young one, you will outgrow the hype too.
    Oh ok. Now it makes sense. Carry on.

Deleted
    i agree I love the resident evil movies and in return gave me a great respect for Milla Jovovich.

Did anyone expect the critics to like Warcraft? This isn't an artsy Indy film.

wtf is going on? 25% now!!

Never been to Rotten Tomatoes nor do I need mouth breathers to tell me what movie is good or not. Honestly think user reviews are probably slanted towards the negative only because WoW has the most negative former playerbase I've ever seen in all of my many gaming years.

Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    wtf is going on? 25% now!!
    Everybody should have known this was coming when Legendary put an embargo on reviews til after the world premiere.

''Rotten Tomatoes Warcraft'' is actually the top searched result in my Google. Looking into it the first time I'm shocked at how incredibly low the rating is. Also it says the running time is 1 hour and 40 minutes, isn't it longer then that? Like atleast 2 hours?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bormes View Post
    This exactly. It's a movie made for joe, not some puffed up critic who has no idea what the average moviegoer wants

Deleted
    lots of non artsy indy films get great reviews from critics when they are good. the warcraft movie simply isn't very good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    lots of non artsy indy films get great reviews from critics when they are good. the warcraft movie simply isn't very good.
    Did you see it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Everybody should have known this was coming when Legendary put an embargo on reviews til after the world premiere.
    Yeah that definitely doesn't help. I might be proven wrong in a week, but I feel like the people most likely to break the embargo are those with strongly negative views of the film.

I'm expecting 50% or better once the bulk of reviews are in. I mean, the tomatometer might be at 25% right now, but the average rating is 4.4/10.

Honestly we could tell that something was off about the movie and it's gonna be sub-par trash filled with constant CGI bullshit, nothing will ever beat good make-up art and prosthetic molds. It will end up being just like The Hobbit with battles you don't give a shit about with no proper build up and empty character your not emotionally connected with. Maybe they should have let Uwe Boll direct it after all. My hopes are very low for the movie from all the art and trailers i've seen it looks pretty bad no where even close to LOTR quality.

I have a feeling for the WARCRAFT movie, critics are getting a vibe of Uwe Boll not from the production values, but from the source material. Fans get it because of the games, books, comics, and whatnot. Regular movies goers probably will not get it because the story is fairly shallow and typical. There is not the symbolism of Lord of the Rings, the child appeal of How to Train your Dragon, the believability of Harry Potter, or even the absurdity of The Evil Dead. I have not seen it myself, but I can fully understand why critics are panning it. I am also guessing that only fans are coming out in force and rating it high because of subjective love of the movie. I mean just look at the Chinese presale numbers. Those are not critics, but fans who are hyped for the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

if you havenot seen movie, go and see it. $$$ Rotten Tomatoes. tbh I think they havenot seen even movie trailers. those reviews suck

I watched movie and my friends, who play wow for ages, watched it too. they all enjoyed. most ratings go for us (we made a poll from 0 to 10) 8-9-10. I know we are a bit hyped. but still we can say that movie was great. imho, it's first movie for so long time, that is based aon a game and it doestnot suck, it rocks.

almost everything in movie is great, plot, some retcons of story, fight scenes, humans and orcs blend pretty well in fighting scenes,, u cant see difference between real shots and CGI. same goes for spells. all action and scenes give feelign that orcs are real and magic is real
    Durotan is the best, also Gul'Dan rocks. daniel wu has nailed that character.

spells are doen amazingly well. most spells are recognisable, like Drain Soul, Arcane Blast, Mass Teleportation (not aviable to players, but Jaina and other strong mages are able to cast it), Mana Shield, etc.
    Polymorph was my favorite, tbh
    orcs have perfect features. I dare say, that Durotan, Draka, have better quality on most scenes, than Avatar aliens
    orcs strongly resemble grunts from Warcraft 1 RTS also notable orcs resemble those that we saw in Warlords of Draenor, and same tiem all of them look pretty realistic

also, traielrs do not spoim much of game. because everythign we saw in trailers, aint enough, there is much much much more to say.

only thing I didnot like, was Garona-lothar love chemistry, it was too short and felt too dumb. it would be better to remove it entirelly, or give it a bit more time.

you just need to see how human footmen charge at orcs, they use dwarven guns to shoot and then hold swords. this is amazing guys
    u need to see movie

my friend is not a gamer, she doesnot play ANYTHING. only thing she has a bit interest, is Naruto, no TV series, no fantasy worlds.
    and she understood ALMOST everythign from movie. I too gave some comments later. she could even name characters like lothar (as Anduin and Lothar), king, as Llane, Garona, Durotan, Draka, Orgrim and blackhand, she forgot Gul'dans name

she really enjoyed movie and even asked when would next part come out.

so do not be afraid

you can really enjoy this movie no matter you are a wow fan or have no idea about WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    A sad day for all warcraft fans. People here will definitely sympathize with the bad reviews. However, reality faced, irrespective of the it's-a-game-adaptation-so-obv-not-so-good-please-forgive attitude, the movie is really very average at best.

Not a 2-3/10, but definitely not a 6+/10 either.

What? Is Civil War/marvel movies artsy indy films?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    What? Is Civil War/marvel movies artsy indy films?
    Blizzard always ain't Disney who have been known to pay people for good reviews, as well as taking large groups of influential critics out to see special screenings and treating them like Kings and Queens.